Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

VOSchip for sale for TD05 scoob engine

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2005, 06:16 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOSchip for sale for TD05 scoob engine

For sale because I have ordered an apexi power FC.

Basically this chip is something very similar to the much soubt after ScoobyECU which replaces the map on your standard ECU. I'm not 100% certain what year this will go up to but will be most benefit on very early WRXs or UK cars that run lower power. It is mapped for 97ron super unleaded so good if you are having to use octane boost on your import.

This chip was designed by Australian tuning legend Adrian Vos, specifically for the Legacy but will run fine in Imprezas of the right era. I believe a side effect is that it causes a check engine light when used in imprezas which is due to something or other concerning the injectors but that this can be ignored & doesn't affect performance.

The chip is designed to run with a free flowing (preferably decat) exhaust, and a decent intake/filter, and with these mods commonly produces around 280 bhp but with improved general driving characteristics.

Am open to sensible offers so please PM me if interested or if you have questions and I will try my best to answer/help.

This is perfect if you want extra power from the exhaust/filter you've fitted but don't want to go to the expense of getting a tailored remap with an expensive aftermarket ECU.

These chips are highly praised by the people who have them and in demand constantly so snap it up before someone else does!
Old 03 November 2005, 07:26 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cret
For sale because I have ordered an apexi power FC.

Basically this chip is something very similar to the much soubt after ScoobyECU which replaces the map on your standard ECU. I'm not 100% certain what year this will go up to but will be most benefit on very early WRXs or UK cars that run lower power. It is mapped for 97ron super unleaded so good if you are having to use octane boost on your import.

This chip was designed by Australian tuning legend Adrian Vos, specifically for the Legacy but will run fine in Imprezas of the right era. I believe a side effect is that it causes a check engine light when used in imprezas which is due to something or other concerning the injectors but that this can be ignored & doesn't affect performance.

The chip is designed to run with a free flowing (preferably decat) exhaust, and a decent intake/filter, and with these mods commonly produces around 280 bhp but with improved general driving characteristics.

Am open to sensible offers so please PM me if interested or if you have questions and I will try my best to answer/help.

This is perfect if you want extra power from the exhaust/filter you've fitted but don't want to go to the expense of getting a tailored remap with an expensive aftermarket ECU.

These chips are highly praised by the people who have them and in demand constantly so snap it up before someone else does!
I'm sure they're mapped for 95ron Jim
Old 03 November 2005, 08:12 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

You are right mate they are mapped for 95 RON, there are a few threads on here CRET telling you the full spec, you may want to include this in the sale as will help sell.

Should go for £150 now matey

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I'm sure they're mapped for 95ron Jim
Old 03 November 2005, 10:17 PM
dbrad
Scooby Regular

BHP for pound you cant beat this tried and tested chip. free bttt
Old 03 November 2005, 10:21 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys.

Looks like there's plenty of people that know these are little crackers then!

I couldn't remember off the top of my head if it was 97 or 95 ron so I said 97 to err on the side of caution.
Old 03 November 2005, 10:52 PM
Chubbs
Scooby Regular

Default vos chip

This chip will return at least
280bhp from a standard legacy or WRX with the appropriate mods E.G full de-cat, induction , etc, the only problem with the wrx is the cel lights up ( this is not a problem just the ecu is looking for a water cooler pump for the top mount which the wrx dosent have being an air cooled, to put it in laimans terms.

Steve
Old 03 November 2005, 11:21 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chubbs
This chip will return at least
280bhp from a standard legacy or WRX with the appropriate mods E.G full de-cat, induction , etc, the only problem with the wrx is the cel lights up ( this is not a problem just the ecu is looking for a water cooler pump for the top mount which the wrx dosent have being an air cooled, to put it in laimans terms.

Steve
I thought it was because of the injectors for some reason but now I think about it I think it's that the error code it displays might be an injector related code but it's caused as you say by the impreza not having the chargecooler pump that the legacy has. Either way as you say the error doesn't cause any issues.

I know people that have run these in WRXs and been very happy with the results.
Old 04 November 2005, 07:11 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

How much you after CRET as a mate of mine is looking one for his 1995 STI?

Originally Posted by Cret
I thought it was because of the injectors for some reason but now I think about it I think it's that the error code it displays might be an injector related code but it's caused as you say by the impreza not having the chargecooler pump that the legacy has. Either way as you say the error doesn't cause any issues.

I know people that have run these in WRXs and been very happy with the results.
Old 05 November 2005, 09:02 AM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Sorry dude it's provisionally sold for £120 to a guy on my forum.

If that falls through then I'll post it up here again or let you know mate.