Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

WRX03 - How much is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2005, 05:46 PM
2weetabix
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX03 - How much is it worth?

Hello,

I'm looking to sell my WRX03 UK Blue Mica, owned from new with 29k miles now on the clock. Full Subaru service history - reciepts for every item included. As far as mods go all i've done to it is to change the backbox and green panel filter. I had it on a dyno a several months ago and it was displaying a generous 265bhp with 265.9ftlb torque (peak figures).

On this basis does anyone know what sort of price I could expect to get for my car - it's truely immaculate throughout.

Thanks
Old 19 November 2005, 08:13 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

That's good power for those mods, It's making more than my WRXPPP.

Oh and Welcome to Scoobynet

Allan
Old 19 November 2005, 08:24 PM
porlkertus
Scooby Regular

My guess would be about 13k for a private sale.

Last edited by porlkertus; 19 November 2005 at 08:27 PM. Reason: sp
Old 19 November 2005, 08:40 PM
2weetabix
Scooby Newbie

cheers chaps, thanks for the intro comment

I took it so a SEAT dealer today and test drove the Cupra R which I thought was a better drive, they have offered me £9000 which I thought was a bit low. The dealer thought mine was mint and it is, 1 owner, completely respected.

I was made up when i had it dyno'd at that power - the amount of people that assumed it was chipped suprised me as it's not. I think the PPP develops a better torque in a better way as mine only peaks at those figures. It was 210bhp at the wheels.

Do you think anyone on this forum would be interesting in buying it - subject to me posting pictures up and stuff? It would be better if another enthusiast was to buy it rather than a dealer taking it in part-ex and stripped off all the simple mods which make it something special.

Thanks
Old 19 November 2005, 09:10 PM
Kroy
Scooby Regular

I would wait to sell after Crimbo mate, cars dont seem to shift too well this time of year wherever advertised. sounds like a nice car, i would hold out for abit cause you should be able to get 12.5k - 13k no probs.
Old 19 November 2005, 09:34 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2weetabix
the Cupra R which I thought was a better drive,
mods which make it something special.
Keep the scooby. SEAT cars are nowhere near as reliable. My mates is in and out the garage once a month. What are your reasons for getting rid of it?
Old 19 November 2005, 11:03 PM
abbiesdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2weetabix
Hello,

I'm looking to sell my WRX03 UK Blue Mica, owned from new with 29k miles now on the clock. Full Subaru service history - reciepts for every item included. As far as mods go all i've done to it is to change the backbox and green panel filter. I had it on a dyno a several months ago and it was displaying a generous 265bhp with 265.9ftlb torque (peak figures).

On this basis does anyone know what sort of price I could expect to get for my car - it's truely immaculate throughout.

Thanks
bought a wrx with ppp a uk full history car 2003 with 29k miles ,8 weeks ago for £10200 with remaining warrenty.. all hpi clear and very good cond.. private.. paid £12500 for a six month old 04 with 9k miles just b4 ,dealer but changed for the prodrive ...
Old 20 November 2005, 12:07 AM
2weetabix
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Gazz300
Keep the scooby. SEAT cars are nowhere near as reliable. My mates is in and out the garage once a month. What are your reasons for getting rid of it?
Thanks for the feedback here guys.

abbiesdad, sounds like you got a great deal for £10200. You must have been in the right place at the right time.

Reasons for getting rid. Good question. I've owned for 3 years and its by far the best car i've EVER owned, never had any problems but i'm just getting used to the power delivery (especially motorway 4th/5th gear). I 'm wanting something more extreme - radical. Considered chipping with complimentary mods but i'm afraid that outlay may not give me an impressive improvement to keep me happy. I'm also concerned that i'll then be left with a car which no body wants to touch because its been feckled with too much.... lets face it, a standard (or near enough) is much more appealing.

I've looked at the STi and it feels way better but don't want to buy new and loose a shed load as I've done on this one already. I'm not keen on buying second hand with this type of car because of the abuse they seem to get - admittedly there are plenty of owners who cherrish their machines like mine.

I used to own a Toyota MR2 which I thought was a great car and miss the two seater driving position/feel. Pity no one makes a similiar type car with a Subaru engine/drivetrain at an affordable price.

I'm currently also considering the alternatives like the Honda S2000 and Lotus Elise but not sure how much they will feel lagging when put next to the scoob. Maybe the driving pleasure returned by such an experience would fill the missing gap.

I think what it all boils down to is that its such a good car it's making it to damn difficult to find something else which can equalise and better it!

Thanks