Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

SOMETHING DIFFERENT !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2005, 11:17 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink SOMETHING DIFFERENT !!!!

Hi all, as the title suggests here is something a bit different for anybody looking for great value family transport, now i know its not a scoob but before you shoot me down bear in mind this car shared the driveway with my Sti 333 and it is actually a very good car,it is an absolutely immaculate Kia Sedona 2.9 Crdi in beautiful Mica Black, the car is for sale only due to a change in my circumstances, i know its not too good a time to try and sell but thought i`d try here before using autotrader etc in the new year, i`ll list the details etc and if anyone likes the sound of it or wishes to find out more etc they can get in touch by p.m., here goes,

November 2004/ 54 reg Sedona 2.9 Crdi
Mica Black Metallic
16k Miles
F.K.S.H.
2 New Front Tyres
New Brake Pads
No Model Inscription On Tailgate
The Car Was Spec`d With Over £2.5k Worth Of Extras, Rear Roof Tip Spoiler(colour coded), Rear Parking Sensors, Dark Tint To All Rear Widows, Full Carpet & Rubber Mats, Side Steps, Chrome Front Bulbar, Tow Bar With Twin Electrics and Drop Down D.V.D Player and Three Sets Of Cordless Headphones.

The car drives like new and has some presence on the road due to the colour and extras, for a large car it really is quite pretty. The 2.9 provides plenty of grunt and it is by no means a slow car, very smooth and economical and very comfortable, it really changed my view of these cars. It also is still covered under manufacturers warranty and has nearly twelve months tax.

It has proved to be very satisfying car to own, especially as we have three kids, pop a dvd on and all is quite, as i said earlier it is very economical, we used it to go on holiday for a fortnight covering 578 miles before needing re-fueled, even doing the daily driving i am still getting fairly high 400`s ( some difference in comparison to the Sti ) , it really has been a joy, a trouble free car.

Again as stated above it is only for sale due to a change in our circumstances, we are moving house and no longer need the two cars, i have already sold the scoob and i`m hoping to sell this one and buy one car, big jeep or big family saloon etc, if this was not the case i would definately be keeping it.

It has been looked after very well in its time with us, and we have had it since new, it has been valeted regularly and polished only using meguires gold class. I am hopefull that by advertising the car on here we may get an enthusiastic owner that will continue to look after the car the way it has been looked after.

I have the original sale receipt for a scary amount of money, and bearing in mind the time of year etc i think that an asking price of £ 12650.00 ovno is fair for the car.

p.s. i will try and get one or two photo`s posted in the off chance someone likes the sound of it !!

Many Thanks

Any opinions or questions are greatly appreceiated
Old 07 December 2005, 08:19 AM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

nearly fifty views and no comments , maybe advertised in the wrong place then eh
Old 07 December 2005, 08:21 AM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

you got to give people time mate

you only posted the thread yesterday
Old 07 December 2005, 10:14 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I'd have thought many people on here wouldn't know what a Kia Sedona is. I don't

What is it? MPV, saloon, what? Pics always help sell a car!
Old 07 December 2005, 10:46 AM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
I'd have thought many people on here wouldn't know what a Kia Sedona is. I don't

What is it? MPV, saloon, what? Pics always help sell a car!
A Sedona is the most powerful diesel mpv on the market as far as i know, i hope to put up a few photos later on today,i think people will think it looks pretty cool given its size etc, we`ll see when i put up the pictures

Cheers
Old 07 December 2005, 03:38 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

There we go, gave it a wee wash and took some photos, the usual happened though, the old batteries packed in on the camera so i haven`t managed to take any inside as yet, but at least people will know what i am describing now, here goes,

hopefully they work

any opinions more than welcome

cheers
Old 07 December 2005, 07:35 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

400 odd miles to a tank doesn't sound a lot for a diesel. I get 450 miles in V8 petrol, how big is the tank?

If you stick it in autotrader or anywhere else I'd remove the bit about new pads and tyres. It makes it sound like the car eats them, 16k isn't a lot for a modern car I'd expect pads and tyres to last double that. People may assume it costs a lot to maintain. 16k a year for the average joe on this model = new pads/tyres/ annual service ...

Just my opinion

Old 07 December 2005, 09:41 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

As far as i can recall it is a 60ltr tank, it returns high 400`s dodging about town taking the kids to school etc, i believe its very economical given its size etc, the tyres were changed purely because its my wifes car and my kids are transported in it and with the roads starting to get slippy i decided to put new tyres on it at a cost of £44 per tyre so not expensive imo, as for the pads its much of a likeness, i dont know whether it needs new ones or not but for the same reason as above it`s booked in to get them done on friday anyway, if it doesn`t need them then thats a bonus.

Cheers
Old 08 December 2005, 04:09 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Go on then bttt !!
Old 08 December 2005, 08:58 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

For that sort driving then it is good.

Worth remembering although £44 isn't alot for a tyre but when someone is buying and haggling, they'll use the most expensive tyre on the market as a comparison to drive the price down.

Of course mention it in the sales pitch as new bits are a good selling point, but, as I said keep it out of the advert, the more information a buyer is given all in 1 hit whilst viewing the car gives them more chance of forgetting 'something' and then not try and get that 'something' off the price.

Best of luck.
Old 08 December 2005, 10:47 PM
John Stevenson
Scooby Regular

Nice child friendly Roo bars you have there !!!

All be it a slightly critical BTTT for a fine lookin motor.

Last edited by John Stevenson; 08 December 2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09 December 2005, 02:36 AM
highlander
Scooby Regular

seen these on the road before - didn't know what it was - learn something new every day! free bttt good luck with sale!
Old 09 December 2005, 04:04 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John Stevenson
Nice child friendly Roo bars you have there !!!

All be it a slightly critical BTTT for a fine lookin motor.
Old 15 December 2005, 11:08 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

bump