Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

FS - Suzuki GSX-R 750 K4

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2005, 11:29 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - Suzuki GSX-R 750 K4

Yes, folks, it's true. Circumstances demand that my immaculate, lovingly cared for GSX-R has to go. So what is it? It's UK supplied 750 K4 in yellow. It has a full, main dealer service history though because I spend a lot of time testing other bikes it's only done 5000 miles or so.

Now most of you will already know this bit, but it bears repeating both for the sake of new visitors and basic honesty. The bike has been down the road, or more accurately down the track. A fast highside at Mallory Park back in May of this year saw us both get rather a battering. The important parts - frame, engine, swingarm - all came through unscathed and straight. The forks were OK as well, but as I got hold of, esentially, a complete bike from a chap going racing and keen to bolster his funds by selling off all the road parts then I replaced them anyway.

So the bike now has new wheels, tyres, brakes, forks, footpegs and handlebars. The exhaust is completely new all the way through, and all the bodywork, including the tank, is new as well. It's now sporting 2005 (K5) bodywork though otherwise it's completely standard.

The bike is dead straight, rides like new and has been ridden enthusiastically since the accident to be sure that everything is OK.

It is

It's always been looked after properly, it's as clean as you could possibly ask for and is the best bike I have ever owned.

So why sell? Because, frankly, it hurts too much to ride a sportsbike for more than an hour or so at a time at the moment. I reckon I need a year before I can really have the strength in my wrist and elbow to do it justice, and until then I need something a little more, um, sensible. Well, no. Just a little less full-on.

As far as price is concerned, I reckon that £5500 is a pretty fair figure. So that's what I'm looking at.

Interested?

Then private messages through here normally reach me...

Oh, the picture is with the old bodywork. Should have new ones up in the next couple of days.

SB
Old 09 December 2005, 10:08 AM
john coffey
Scooby Regular

As far as price is concerned, I reckon that £5500 is a pretty fair figure. So that's what I'm looking at
Have you seem how much brand new 750's are being sold for in this weeks MCN
Old 09 December 2005, 10:29 AM
slim_boy_fat
Scooby Regular

If you get £4k for it you will be doing well.
Old 09 December 2005, 11:45 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

So are you offering me £4k then?
Old 10 December 2005, 08:37 PM
tyron.c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sbradley
"my immaculate, lovingly cared for GSX-R has to go"

"The bike has been down the road, or more accurately down the track. A fast highside at Mallory Park back in May of this year saw us both get rather a battering"
how do the two go together?
still at least youve been honest

whats your best price?
Old 11 December 2005, 05:59 PM
slim_boy_fat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sbradley
So are you offering me £4 then?
Yip £4. I can come down next weekend to pick up, i will bring cash rather than waste time with bankers drafts or cheques etc.

Will you include paddock stands?

Will PM you to tie down the details.

Cheers
Old 12 December 2005, 11:12 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Hi Tyron,

Well, a crash doesn't stop it being well cared for. Properly serviced and looked after, properly ridden and properly fixed after being, um, properly crashed...

As you say, at least I was honest. Best price? PM me with what you have in mind and we'll go on from there.

B2Z, yeah, I was expecting it to be honest It *is* new apart from the frame and engine. Totally new - 0 miles on the bodywork, wheels, tyres, brakes, forks... But hey - you can get completely new ones, delivered to your door by Scandinavian virgins, for 89p with a trackday thrown in for good measure. It must be true - it's in MCN. Replacing with a Buell Lightning. Because it makes me laugh like a loon every time I get on it. And it doesn't hurt my broken bits quite so much.

Slimboy, yes, paddock stands are included in the package. Total package cost, including stands, is £5500, and no I won't split. So the stands are a little on the pricy side but they're very good...

SB