Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

STI V3 TYPE RA, 5K WORTH OF MODS - OFFERS PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 08:25 PM
sti-boyo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI V3 TYPE RA, 5K WORTH OF MODS - OFFERS PLEASE!!!

Subaru Impreza WRX STI VERSION 3 TYPE RA, of September 1996, 6 months tax 12 months MOT, only 81,000 kms/48,500 Warranted miles

A WRX is a good all rounder for your average petrol head. For those who want a bit more than the upper limit of 260BHP an STI is next in line. Like this car they feature a complete overhaul from Subaru Technica International, including STI blueprinted engine with a much higher rev limit, STI clutch, close ratio Group N spec gearbox, STI exhaust, rear limited slip diff, Intercooler water spray, STI ECU, carbon fibre strut brace, and many other electronics, the list goes on and on. All this amounts to a staggering 300BHP standard!!! If you are still looking for more… say hello to the Type RA, stripped like hooker on a dance pole, these cars weigh an amazing 80kg (the weight of a 6’ tall person) less than your usual STI. The basic STI features a rear limited slip diff, this one also features a driver controlled adjustable centre limited slip diff allowing the driver to vary the Torque split between the front and rear wheels at the touch of a button, well the turn of a dial actually…
The Type RA also features a WRC roof mounted air duct, used by the rally drivers to cool down as it can get quite hot in those helmets. All this and more is what permits this car to cruise past 60mph in just 4.2 secs, that’s Super-car territory!!!
Ok so now you know exactly what you are looking at I can tell you about some of the aftermarket modifications. As well as the standard LSD’s there is also front limited slip diff, making it a complete set of three, this will make those interested in this car as a Rally car base very happy as they cost in the region of £1200 - £1600, a full set of TEIN adjustable coilovers which also cost in the region of £1200 - £1600. So as you can imagine the handling of this car is immense!! There is also a very expensive twin entry sports cat pipe approx £700 (passes MOT without grief), the standard STI back box is still in use, and to complement this there is also a HKS performance panel filter. This should take the BHP up to approx 320BHP and have a great improve on the response and torque. There is also a very high quality “Personal” sports steering wheel fitted, easily as good as a Momo ones. And finally it also has a turbo timer, always nice to see that in place. Oh, there is also a 6-disc CD-changer too.
This is the only Type RA Impreza I have seen which has electric windows. Looks like a factory job, must have been expensive.
Sorry for giving you so much to read, it’s just I’m very passionate about this car, as you can most probably tell..?
There are a few minor scratches in the usual places but none of them are deep and they should all polish out, time permitting I will give it a polish before the end of the auction. The bottom of the front bumper has scratches which won’t polish out. There is also a dent on the underside of the n/s sill cover.

Linking to ebay via pictures isn't permitted on Scoobynet either.

Last edited by Paulo P; 23 January 2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:59 PM
sti-boyo
Scooby Newbie

Wink

offewrs??
Old 23 January 2006, 11:12 PM
mr_tee
Scooby Regular

give us a figure that ur after mate
Old 23 January 2006, 11:17 PM
Mikey n Sharon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-boyo
Subaru Impreza WRX STI VERSION 3 TYPE RA, of September 1996, 6 months tax 12 months MOT, only 81,000 kms/48,500 Warranted miles

A WRX is a good all rounder for your average petrol head. For those who want a bit more than the upper limit of 260BHP an STI is next in line. Like this car they feature a complete overhaul from Subaru Technica International, including STI blueprinted engine with a much higher rev limit, STI clutch, close ratio Group N spec gearbox, STI exhaust, rear limited slip diff, Intercooler water spray, STI ECU, carbon fibre strut brace, and many other electronics, the list goes on and on. All this amounts to a staggering 300BHP standard!!! If you are still looking for more… say hello to the Type RA, stripped like hooker on a dance pole, these cars weigh an amazing 80kg (the weight of a 6’ tall person) less than your usual STI. The basic STI features a rear limited slip diff, this one also features a driver controlled adjustable centre limited slip diff allowing the driver to vary the Torque split between the front and rear wheels at the touch of a button, well the turn of a dial actually…
The Type RA also features a WRC roof mounted air duct, used by the rally drivers to cool down as it can get quite hot in those helmets. All this and more is what permits this car to cruise past 60mph in just 4.2 secs, that’s Super-car territory!!!
Ok so now you know exactly what you are looking at I can tell you about some of the aftermarket modifications. As well as the standard LSD’s there is also front limited slip diff, making it a complete set of three, this will make those interested in this car as a Rally car base very happy as they cost in the region of £1200 - £1600, a full set of TEIN adjustable coilovers which also cost in the region of £1200 - £1600. So as you can imagine the handling of this car is immense!! There is also a very expensive twin entry sports cat pipe approx £700 (passes MOT without grief), the standard STI back box is still in use, and to complement this there is also a HKS performance panel filter. This should take the BHP up to approx 320BHP and have a great improve on the response and torque. There is also a very high quality “Personal” sports steering wheel fitted, easily as good as a Momo ones. And finally it also has a turbo timer, always nice to see that in place. Oh, there is also a 6-disc CD-changer too.
This is the only Type RA Impreza I have seen which has electric windows. Looks like a factory job, must have been expensive.
Sorry for giving you so much to read, it’s just I’m very passionate about this car, as you can most probably tell..?
There are a few minor scratches in the usual places but none of them are deep and they should all polish out, time permitting I will give it a polish before the end of the auction. The bottom of the front bumper has scratches which won’t polish out. There is also a dent on the underside of the n/s sill cover.

Linking to ebay via pictures isn't permitted on Scoobynet either.

i love it mucker i feckin love it my sharons throwing another wobbly afetr looking at your baby cor blimey guv its raining sharon

eh mucker how much ya after matey come on gis a price n dont you go saying make me an offer mucker cus my sharons offering all the blimming way
Old 23 January 2006, 11:45 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

i bought one recently similar spec to this all for under £4000 if thats anything to go by?
Old 23 January 2006, 11:48 PM
Mikey n Sharon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave uk blue mica
i bought one recently similar spec to this all for under £4000 if thats anything to go by?

watch it if i was you mucker youl be in danger of being labelled a shark