Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

205 gti mi16 twin carbs excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 01:07 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 205 gti mi16 twin carbs excellent condition

A peugeot 205 gti mi16 with twin weber carbs. A fully rebuilt and reconned car in the last few hundred miles. Absolutley no engine issues at all, no leaks no smoke etc etc. Selling due to needing cash, purchased by me for tracking, the car is fully set up for tracking yet hasn't been on one as yet!
The car is in very good condition for an example of its marque. This car is not to be confused with 500 quid junk that often pops up. It's a fully sorted car ready for fast road or track. It has many upgrades and new components, and runs very reliably with 170 bhp. The 205 gti is one of the all time best cars for handling, with a reliable power upgrade like this one, expect to make Monkeys out flash Harries in their 90k Porsches and Ferraris!

The thing with the mi16 conversion is to get a sound block and to get somebody who knows what they're doing to fit it. If the block is angled wrong you're looking at a rebuild! I purchased the car standard apart from a Mongoose exhaust system several months ago. There is a fat ream of paperwork with the car including the last half dozen MOT's. The previous owner was a mechanic and he changed the rear torsion bar (300 quid if needed doing again) and clutch. I then had a few mods done to improve the performance by a guy from 205drivers.com by jonnie205 on there. If you look at his posts he really does know his stuff in and out regarding 205s.(he's a rally driver and qualified engineer and has done countless conversions like this) He had an alloy mi16 block (the light block unlike the heavier lumps of iron you get in some conversions). This lump was reconned by Paul Gardias and then fitted by Jonnie. List of things Ive had done:

-Mi16 engine

-Group "n" engine and gearbox mounts

-45mm weber carbs with brand new filters

-8v jetronic ignition distributer adapter, distributer and ignition amp

-cambelt

-water pump

-8v flywheel

-top end gasket set

-head bolts

-oil filter

-facet red top fuel pump

-drive shaft seals

-engine oil

-fuel lines

-307 big brake conversion with new disks and pads

-srf race brake fluid

-magnecor ignition leads

-new distrubition cap, bosch plugs and new battery

-fully set up by www.northamptonmotorsport.com

-full graph showing 170 bhp and fully rr'd set up

-auto bonnet (auto bonnet have bonnet bulge in the middle)

-manual switch for fan

-filter knig

-full rolling road tune, balance,tune and rejetted carbs and adjusted timing.

The car also comes with a spare gear box and other bits and bobs. The inside of the car is in good condition. Theres an upgraded sound system and a cd player. The drivers chair is slightly worn with the material lifting in a few places. To be expected and a cheap fix if it bothers. I've had the car on ramps at 2 different places and they comment on how clean the car is underneath with no sign of accident damage or rust etc Theres MOT til August 2006 and 10 month tax. The car has covered 147000 ish miles, but everything has been replaced quite recently. The only thing I havent done is strip it for the track, so everything is still in place. All the guages etc work and everything electrical works. The bonnet needs a T-cut which I'll get round to doing depending on time and weather, other than that the red paintwork is nice and shiney. I've spent a fair wedge on this so I'll be looking to recoup as much as I can and still be realistic about selling. I've seen similar on Ebay go for over 3,500 ish. All the work has been carried out in the last few hundred miles, and I haven't as yet tracked it.

It may sound a lot for a J reg 205, but the car really is it tip top, and sorted cars are worth the premium. You'll no doubt find mi16's cheaper than this, but these cars will need lots of money thrown at them!

2995 quid

Last edited by scoobynutta555; 13 September 2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 21 February 2006, 02:53 PM
RobEvo5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be a great track day car as well.!