Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

HKS Turbo Timer Type 1! The essential gadget for every Scoob!

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2006, 12:53 PM
jonnylyons
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Turbo Timer Type 1! The essential gadget for every Scoob!

I am selling my car and I am being forced to go for a NA car

I therefore no longer need my HKS Turbo Timer Type 1 which is also about 6 months old. I bought it for £157 (Inc. the Evo wiring loom) but I am looking for around the £100 mark (open to offers )

(The black one!)

I was always worried about not leaving my car long enough to cool down and having this means I no longer have to! No waiting around in the cold anymore!

It is a great of kit, allowing you to either manually set the time for which you car should continue to run or have the device automatically calculate the appropriate time based on the vehicles speed and revs.

The specs for the Timer can be found below (taken from a website): (bla bla bla)

As we all know driving your turbo charged engine causes your turbo to produce a massive amount of heat. Turning your engine off with the turbo still at such high temperature can cause problems with the life and reliability of the turbo system!

A Turbo Timer is required to help prevent the Turbo bearing and shafts from burning (coking) after the vehicle has been used. This is an essential piece of equipment for any turbo charged vehicle to prolong the life of your turbo.

HKS' Turbo Timer Type-1 is a full featured Turbo Timer that combines all the features of the HKS Turbo Timer Type-0 with added monitoring and metering functions such as RPM, time to speed/distance, peak hold & warning features and a stopwatch for lap times.

HKS' Turbo Timer Type-1 also includes a speed warning display, a two-stage engine RPM warning display, 0-400 meter acceleration time measurement and stopwatch features for lap timing. The finish is Silver with Blue and Red capable LCD screen.

Turbo Timer function
- Manual Mode: can be set in increments of 30 seconds from 0 to 10 mins
- Memory Mode: It will let you select from Memory 1 (1 min) or Memory 2 (3 min) with a push of a button.
- Auto Mode: Will determine the engine's condition from the rpm and automatically set a time between 0-5 mins.

Speed / Speed Peak Hold display function
- Will display the current speed (0 km/h - 390 km/h). It also can display the speed peak.

Speed warning function
- Able to set the warning speed (10 km/h - 390 km/h)

Engine RPM / RPM peak hold display function
- Will display the current rpm ( 100 r/min - 9900 r/min). It can also display the rpm peak.

Engine RPM warning (shift up indicator, red zone indicator) function.
- Will set the warning rpm (1000 r/min - 9900 r/min)

Quarter Mile Time (section time) and Acceleration Interval calculation function
- Auto start or manual start can determine the section times shown . Mid range acceleration can also be determined. 0 - 100m, 0 - 200m, 0 - 400m, 200 - 400m, 0 - 100 km/h, 0 - 150 km/h, 0 - 200 km/h, 50 - 100 km/h, 100 - 150 km/h

Stopwatch function
- Interval measurement and lap time can be measured.

Battery Voltage display / Voltage warning function
- Can prevent a dead battery with the battery voltage display and warning function.
- The fixed minimum warning voltage is 10V and the maximum is 16V.

Large LCD screen panel display
- The backlight in the normal state is a blue LED, but when the timer or warning function is in effect the light will become red.

Last edited by jonnylyons; 25 February 2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 28 February 2006, 05:29 PM
jonnylyons
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLD