Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Yamaha FZR 1000

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2006, 09:02 AM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha FZR 1000

From my listing on ebay

FOR SALE - AN OLD FRIEND
I've owned this bike for over 8 years it was my sole means of transport for 5 years and in that time, it has never let me down (honestly).
When i lived in Croydon it was kept outside and would start every morning, even with 3" of snow on the seat.
3 years ago i passed my car test and moved to Caterham, since then the bike has been left in the garage gathering dust.
About a year ago i fitted new plugs and topped the oil up, then lost interest and bought a R1.
So i thought it was about time to clear out the garage, and sell the old girl.
Firstly and most importantly this bike runs, i used to fire her up now and again (just to annoy the neighbours), i wheeled her out this weekend gave her a quick clean and hooked her up to a battery, choke was opened and she started on the button.
When warmed up the choke was taken off and she settled to an even idle.
So the engine is fine no probs there, the gearbox when last used was spot on as well.
All the electrics work, but the battery is shot, i've seen a replacement on ebay for £30.00
The fairing is all there bar for a 4" piece that’s highlighted in the photo, i think its in the garage but i cant promise i can lay my hands on it.
Back to the fairing - is used, very used there’s scratches and scuffs and some of the decals have come off, the top part is fine, this is a nearly 20yr old bike which was used every day. Its by now means a rat but the fairing has seen better days.
The calipers need an overhaul as the bike has been standing for so long and one of the fork seals may need replacing.
Tyres (bridgestone dual compound) have plenty of life left 5mm on the back and at least 3mm on the front, change and sprockets are fine (in fact i think i put a new chain on it just b4 laying it up)
I have all mots, and the standard pipe and a spare airbox as well, the laser exhaust (for race use only- on the side) 4 into 2 - 1, is included and is very clean, but you obviously will take that off for use on the road :-)
All in all a bargain for someone who has got the time to sort it, i reckon £30 for battery, £20 for fork seals and a caliper strip down and away she goes.
Feel free to email for further photos, viewing welcome, the bike would need to be transported (van or trailer) as no tax or mot.

Cheers
Chris

£600 ono

Last edited by wilkoca; 02 August 2006 at 12:51 PM.