Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

newage OBDII scan tool

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2006, 12:30 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newage OBDII scan tool

I have moved on to using ECUTEK delta dash so I have no use for my SM3. This scan tool is invaluable with just the read/reset of engine codes! Comes complete in original box, all instructions, cables and software. I will load the lastest firmare for you as well (and burn a copy of it to CD).

Simple to install, just plug it into the OBDII port under the steering wheel. And only 1 wire to connect the VSS (to enable 0-60, 1/8 & 1/4 times).

The Scanmaster 3 is a portable scan tool for monitoring data that is retrieved from the ECU (Engine Control Unit) The unit is intended to be permanently mounted so that it is always available for monitoring the state of tune of the engine.
Special Features: The Scanmaster 3 has many advanced features that set it apart from the competition.
Priority Scan™:: The Scanmaster retrieves data from the ECU as fast as the ECU can send it, however some data is more critical since it changes rapidly (e.g. O2 voltage) and is scanned more often. There are many data items that change slowly, but are very important to monitor (coolant temperature, trim values) and can be scanned less often. The Scanmaster Priority Scan™ handles this and provides large amounts of data without sacrificing the update speed of the critical data. We also use the faster Subaru specific protocall not standard OBD2 like other no specific tools. This also alllows us to display non standare data fields like Knock Correction.

Serial output: The Scanmaster 3 provides a serial port for logging data to a PDA or laptop PC. The output is at high baud rate so the datalogger will never miss any data. We include exclusive WRXd open source palm application designed for this purpose.

Analog inputs: On the rear of the unit is a 3.5mm jack for connecting two 0-5 volt external signals. These signals can be displayed on the Scanmaster as well as logged to a PDA/PC. If a wideband Air/Fuel signal is connected, the Scanmaster 3 can be configured to display that Air/Fuel ratio as the default display. The analog data can be displayed as boost (2 bar, 2.5 bar, 3 bar) and Air/Fuel ratio.

Vehicle speed: The Scanmaster 3 reads the vehicle speed sensor and calculates vehicle speed, acceleration, and performance from the data. Including 0-60, 1/4 mile time and speed, Acceleration in G. If the vehicle speed input is not connected (orange wire) the Scanmaster will use the speed data available thru the OBD-II connection.

PeakCapture: At WOT the maximum acceleration value and RPM at that point, as well as peak boost pressure are saved. To recall these values, press and hold the RECALL button, and the saved values will be displayed (Decimal6 will blink), while holding the RECALL button, press the MODE button to step thru the saved peak values that were captured. When the unit powers up, it is operating in default mode. This mode displays the O2 sensor Air/Fuel Ratio on the left side of the display, and the knock correction value on the right side. After a full throttle run, pressing the recall button will display the highest acceleration value, pressing the MODE button will step thru the other peak values: RPM @ peak accel, and the highest boost pressure. Peak capture is enabled by high throttle.

Expanded modes
- bSt = Boost pressure (psi)
- SP = Spark Advance, degrees.
- *AD1 = Analog 1 from J1 See config
- *AD2 = Analog 2 from J1 See config
- St = Short Term air/fuel learning.
- Lt = Long term air/fuel learning.
- AF = Engine Airflow, in Grams/sec (engine airflow sensor)
- r = Engine RPM
- in = Injector Pulsewidth, in Milliseconds.
- idc = Injector dutycycle, a measure of injector flow, 0-100%
- TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, percent.
- MPH = Vehicle speed,
- Acc = Acceleration (Scaled +2.55/-.99 G)
- *Et = 0-60 or QuarterMile Elapsed Time 0-19.99 sec
- CLt = Coolant Temperature, degrees F
- BAt = Battery Voltage
- AtS = Air Temperature, this sensor is located in the airflow sensor
- EGt = Exhaust Gas Temp. (Degrees F * 1000, 1.27 = 1270°)

External Logging: The Scanmaster has an RS232 port on the rear panel to connect to a PC or PDA to allow external logging. WRXd is included with the Scanmaster for PALM OS PDA's. The included cables and connectors allow connection to the PDA serial sync cable. WRXd uses a high baudrate to ensure no data is missed.

Here is a pic of the SM3 in action and using the datalog feature w/ a sony palm pilot.

PRICE: £130 shipped

Last edited by BVM; 10 August 2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02 August 2006, 08:11 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 03 August 2006, 10:42 AM
BVM
Scooby Regular

bump TTT
Old 03 August 2006, 08:31 PM
BVM