Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

UK Subaru Impreza Estate Wagon 2.0 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 05:54 PM
Murray
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Subaru Impreza Estate Wagon 2.0 Turbo

Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.0 Turbo £2250

This car is a 1996 UK Model 2.0ltr Turbo – TAX & MOT'd

MOT Till May 2007, Tax Till Christmas.

Wanting £2350 for her...recent engine, gearbox and diff change (below is te full description I have used 'elsewhere' to sell the car.....Please just PM me or call me to discuss....07717 324269...£2250 and she is gone.

This is a good all round Impreza with fantastic performance.....

Recently serviced Items...

• Engine (59K Miles)
• WRX gearbox and diff
• New Cam Belt
• New Oil Filter
• New Fuel Filer
• New 10W30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil
• New Gearbox Oil
• New Rear Diff Oil
• New Coolant (with anti rust inhibitors)
• New Power-steering Fluid
• New Rear Anti Roll bar Strut’s
• New front lower ball joint
• Replacement CV gaiter

I welcome ANY trail on this car; please contact me for a test drive….

The odometer reads 112K miles, but in late September I replaced the engine and gearbox for one with only 59K miles (I have written the exact dates etc in the service book) and have the receipt from Stafford Subaru Breakers. The engine is in a good clean and smooth running condition and is an EJ20……the front heat shields are prone to rusting on these engines, but this one is still very much in tact and does not rattle, showing it has not had a hard life. (The engine came from a car that had rear impact damage)

I also fitted the WRX gearbox and diff that runs a closer ratio than the UK giving better acceleration…….

Standard this car would be around 212BHP, it is currently fitted with an ECU from a WRX means she is running approx 240BHP (according to the specification).

This is not a slow car and pulls in every gear….due to the wrx gearbox it does not need thrashing to make her go……

It drives 110%, nice and tight, the engine is very smooth and responsive so to is the gearbox ……The car could do with new radiator, it does not leak which us why I have never replaced it....

During the engine change I checked the Turbo over (TD05) and there we no signs of oil seal leaks or anything including in the intercooler. I have also fixed the legendary power steering pump leak (very common)

These is plenty of paperwork showing that this car has been well looked after mechanically.

What else…

• 17” Dynamic Monza Alloys – condition 7/8 out of 10 (over £500 new)
• Rear Tyres are very good, the fronts will need replacing soon as they are getting scrubbed on the outside, but still legal.
• Set of the original GC8 alloys with near new tyres – condition 9 out of 10 (see pic’s)
• Sony Radio/CD Player
• Scorpion Alarm and CAT I Immobiliser – Essential for insurance
• Tracker (Retrieve) complete with paperwork (currently registered in my name) – Essential for insurance
• Upper and lower rear Spoiler
• STI fog light covers (sticker not yet been put on yet) (these go for over £30 one eBay)
• Pro-drive Bonnet Scoop (great if you fit an induction kit, or just for looks) (these go for over £40 on ebay)
• Genuine Subaru Back-box (fitted in the May)
• Genuine Subaru jack and wheel brace and tool kit
• Space saver spare tyre
• Fitted Impreza Car Matts
• Drivers Air Bag
• Aluminium Heated Tank (the original plastic ones were prone to cracking)
• I will include the UK ECU and the WRX ECU.
• Also a full set of NGK Laser Platinum Plugs
• New Xenon Headlights
• Blue Side light bulbs

In general the car is in good condition, the underside is very tidy with no signs of rot. The body work still comes up nice but please remember this car is 10 years old now and not in show room condition, the interior is tidy and cleans well. There are some rust spots the worst is just under the center rear spoiler support/back window. I kept meaning to treat it, but it never worried me so never got round to it as well as the odd stone chip on the bonnet etc...

The interior is blue/black with a grey dash…std bucket seats that would not say no to a clean, but I have always run with seat covers. I also purchased some fitted matt’s (front and rear) made especially for the impreza so they fit correctly and do interfere with the pedals.

Bottom line, this is one hell of a car for not a lot of money, they are great fun and practical being a five door wagon…….handle like they are rails and if you choose there are no end of mod’s that can be done to gain significant BHP (Induction Kits, uprated intercoolers, decat systems, turbo upgrade, sports exhaust, chips etc etc, etc..….all are in abundance on Ebay at good prices…)

The previous owner had this car HPI checked when he brought it so I know it is clear, but I will gladly provide you with any details if you wish to check yourself.

I can also provide a full Impreza Workshop Manual on CD if required.

Selling for a number of reasons:

One: Clocking up too many miles really….
Two: need a 4x4 (discovery or similar) for a number of jobs
Three: Want to buy another motorbike, but can not justify running a Scooby and Motorbike.

Please PM me of give me a call - 07717 324269

Thanks H

Last edited by Murray; 19 October 2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 15 October 2006, 09:37 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Have sent you a pm
Old 16 October 2006, 03:07 PM
Murray
Scooby Regular

Default replied

Originally Posted by Gussie Cup