Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

For Sale: MY06 WRX Type UK £16,995

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2006, 12:02 PM
MY06WRXboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: MY06 WRX Type UK £16,995

This is a very depressing thing to have to do, but, due to a new business venture I have to part company with my WR Blue MY06 WRX Type UK. The car was registered in June 06 and is a hawkeye model (i.e. it has the 2.5l engine). It has all the usual refinements and is totally standard both cosmetically and mechanically. Additionally, this model has SmartNav, a tracker and an integrated bluetooth handsfree kit. It currently has almost 10k on the clock. The price is £16,995. Make no mistake, this model is absolutely mint (as you would expect) and is absolutely superb to drive (much better than the classic I used to own). If you are interested, please PM me or call me on 07723 084980. (Sorry I have no idea how to add an image to this but am more than happy to email one across if you are interested, or you may wish to let me know how to add an image from my hardrive)
Old 15 November 2006, 02:02 PM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY06WRXboy
This is a very depressing thing to have to do, but, due to a new business venture I have to part company with my WR Blue MY06 WRX Type UK. The car was registered in June 06 and is a hawkeye model (i.e. it has the 2.5l engine). It has all the usual refinements and is totally standard both cosmetically and mechanically. Additionally, this model has SmartNav, a tracker and an integrated bluetooth handsfree kit. It currently has almost 10k on the clock. The price is £16,995. Make no mistake, this model is absolutely mint (as you would expect) and is absolutely superb to drive (much better than the classic I used to own). If you are interested, please PM me or call me on 07723 084980. (Sorry I have no idea how to add an image to this but am more than happy to email one across if you are interested, or you may wish to let me know how to add an image from my hardrive)
Is this an STI or a plain WRX? If it's a plain WRX then the asking price might be a bit high - a bit of shopping around will get you a brand new one (WRX 2006/2007 with the 3 yr subaru warranty apparently) for upto 2 grand less than you are asking.
Old 15 November 2006, 02:38 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

not a type uk tho. a euro import maybe....
Old 15 November 2006, 02:40 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

Yes, but that would be a grey import. for £15999 from someone like motorpoint which doesn't have a alarm, tracker etc. In the long run will have lower resale value (don't get me wrong grey imports are great value, but depreciation over the 3 years is steeper than a UK sourced car)

I looked at grey imports, look at the insurance small print, must be UK sourced car.

This chap is selling a UK model.
Old 15 November 2006, 03:01 PM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mikepaul
Yes, but that would be a grey import. for £15999 from someone like motorpoint which doesn't have a alarm, tracker etc. In the long run will have lower resale value (don't get me wrong grey imports are great value, but depreciation over the 3 years is steeper than a UK sourced car)

I looked at grey imports, look at the insurance small print, must be UK sourced car.

This chap is selling a UK model.
My mistake then

So what you are saying is that the depreciation will outweigh the initial saving ? (that and having to have an alarm etc fitted ?)

Insurance small print ? Is that just with the main insurers ? ie Do places like A-plan cover these - and if so at a premium etc ?

Makes u sick the extra we have to fork out over here doesn't it !!!
Old 15 November 2006, 03:25 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

if you the sell the car after 3 months, yes a grey import as a percentage will loose more of it's asset value.

A-Plan are ok about grey imports, but some of the larger insurance companies like AA and DL are a bit funny about non uk sourced cars.

Insurance is a bit of a bummer, but should be factored into your buying decision. If you have to claim they will try and find any little clause to wriggle out of paying a claim.

If you plan to keep your car a long time, a grey import is a sound buy.
Old 15 November 2006, 04:07 PM
badgersport
Scooby Regular

What a load of rubbish. There is no insurance issue whatsoever with an EU sourced car. If you find an insurance company who won't insure a car purchased in another EU country they are breaking European Law. Japanese sourced cars and you may have a problem but EU cars - no.

There is a difference in resale value between a UK car and an EU sourced car but certainly not enough to make a 10K, 5 month old UK car worth more than a brand new EU import.

I'm currently trying to px my Euro import STI because my job has changed slightly and I'm doing a lot more miles. It's an April 06 car, I've been offered £16K for it and the dealer tells me the book price for a UK car is £17K . I'm just thankfull I paid £22K for my car not the £27K the Subaru dealer was asking for a UK car.
Old 16 November 2006, 09:37 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by badgersport
What a load of rubbish. There is no insurance issue whatsoever with an EU sourced car. If you find an insurance company who won't insure a car purchased in another EU country they are breaking European Law. Japanese sourced cars and you may have a problem but EU cars - no.

There is a difference in resale value between a UK car and an EU sourced car but certainly not enough to make a 10K, 5 month old UK car worth more than a brand new EU import.

I'm currently trying to px my Euro import STI because my job has changed slightly and I'm doing a lot more miles. It's an April 06 car, I've been offered £16K for it and the dealer tells me the book price for a UK car is £17K . I'm just thankfull I paid £22K for my car not the £27K the Subaru dealer was asking for a UK car.
As above, there are no issues with insurance as euro law does not allow it. If i was still in the market to buy, i would still get a euro import when comparing the price so it may be a little high. That said there are people out there with the cash who are too afraid to buy an import because of the rumours about issues so i think you will still sell it, you will just have to wait a little longer probably.
Good Luck!
Old 20 November 2006, 04:21 PM
MY06WRXboy
Scooby Newbie

Just to let you all know, this is definitely a UK car (from Walldonway in Kent) and I am prepared to let the car go for a little over £16k for Scoobynet members. It's currently in Exchange and Mart for £16995. Any takers?