Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

294mm brake discs for 4 pots - genuine Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2006, 06:35 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 294mm brake discs for 4 pots - genuine Subaru

A pair of genuine Subaru 294mm front brake discs suitable for late classics with the 4-pot calipers. These are part worn, but still have a good consistent 23mm thickness all round (new is 24mm, limit is 22mm), which is still plenty - bear in mind GGR supply new replacement discs at 23mm thickness.

£35 delivered. Cheers!
Old 11 December 2006, 07:14 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics mate. my front ones are a little desperate. could do with some to get me by until a service in the new year.

andy
Old 11 December 2006, 07:38 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

LOL they will do that job very well. I'll try and get them up now.
Old 11 December 2006, 07:40 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Old 11 December 2006, 07:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

if i can raise the cash, will you take £30 delivered? considering they are part worn and wont last that long... oh id need to buy new pads too wouldnt i? i dunno if its worth the hassle...lol

erm ofcourse its worth the hassle or i wouldnt be able to stop #

andy
Old 12 December 2006, 05:45 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Problem is they cost me £13 just to post so in actual fact I only get £22 for two half worn discs plus my time in packaging them up properly and getting down the post office as well. If the delivery wasn't so expensive I'd do it, but hope you can see that £35 delivered is very cheap even though they are used. I'd expect them to last a good long time. After all they are genuine Subaru and the thickness they've got in them could be another 20,000 miles.

If you can pay tonight I can have them in the post tomorrow. PM or email me if you want go ahead. I do have them on ebay as well, so if you want to have them, let me know sooner rather than later. Cheers
Old 12 December 2006, 07:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
Problem is they cost me £13 just to post so in actual fact I only get £22 for two half worn discs plus my time in packaging them up properly and getting down the post office as well. If the delivery wasn't so expensive I'd do it, but hope you can see that £35 delivered is very cheap even though they are used. I'd expect them to last a good long time. After all they are genuine Subaru and the thickness they've got in them could be another 20,000 miles.

If you can pay tonight I can have them in the post tomorrow. PM or email me if you want go ahead. I do have them on ebay as well, so if you want to have them, let me know sooner rather than later. Cheers
nah im sorry, i just dont think id have the money, as new pads would be required too as the present ones would be acustomed to the second hand discs. apologies if it seems ive wasted your time, i havent the money for discs pads and labour fitting them.

andy
Old 13 December 2006, 01:41 PM
Rossco_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
nah im sorry, i just dont think id have the money, as new pads would be required too as the present ones would be acustomed to the second hand discs. apologies if it seems ive wasted your time, i havent the money for discs pads and labour fitting them.

andy
Fit them yourself then, its an easy job and as long as your careful you'll be fine, im sure there is ahow to on here as well if your not quite sure
Old 13 December 2006, 06:51 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Don't worry about it. They are on ebay anyway, and there's already bids on them so they'll go one way or another. Although as Rossco says, it's not a difficult job - I just changed my front discs last weekend, and it probably took me all of about 40 minutes, with a couple of spanners and sockets. Basically it's wheel off, brake caliper off (two bolts) and cable tie it out of the way, wiggle caliper free of disc, change disc, ease caliper back over disc, bolt caliper back on, wheel back on. Repeat on other wheel.
Old 13 December 2006, 06:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
Don't worry about it. They are on ebay anyway, and there's already bids on them so they'll go one way or another. Although as Rossco says, it's not a difficult job - I just changed my front discs last weekend, and it probably took me all of about 40 minutes, with a couple of spanners and sockets. Basically it's wheel off, brake caliper off (two bolts) and cable tie it out of the way, wiggle caliper free of disc, change disc, ease caliper back over disc, bolt caliper back on, wheel back on. Repeat on other wheel.
sounds easy enough, but i had trouble changing a wind over on my old wrx!!! besides a mechanic mate would have fitted them in his garage, and shown me how to do it in the future. as said already its the fact i would need new pads too and i cant afford that at the minute with the on going dispute at work... different topic.
Old 15 December 2006, 07:51 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

bttt