Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

MK Indy Bike Engine (ZX9R) locost lotus 7 replica - £4000 bargain!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2006, 11:24 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK Indy Bike Engine (ZX9R) locost lotus 7 replica - £4000 bargain!!!

MK Indy Kit Car
Powered by ZX9R c1 engine (only covered 14k miles)
http://www.mksportscars.co.uk/indy.htm
90% complete, almost ready to register
The Mk Indy is a sierra based lotus seven styled kit with independent suspension. Main features are a tubular triangulated chassis with double unequal length wishbones front an rear giving superb handling. all major components such as the differential drive shafts front uprights brakes and steering all come from the popular and easily found ford sierra.
This car is based on the BEC Deluxe starter kit supplied by MK, plus we also orderd extras ontop. We have also made and customised many parts, which will make this one of the best MK's out there when completed!!
The ZX9R engine cars are absolutley amazing, you will never go drive a faster car!! I have owned lots of fast cars, but these just blow them away!! A true pocket rocket!!!
Engine is a 1998 zx9r C1 engine, that’s only done 14k miles
Brakes are standard Sierra 4x4 stuff (front calipers are new, rears are refurbed) with new rear groved discs and black diamond drilled and groved front discs
LSD 4x4 diff
AVO adjustable coil overs
Fully independent wishbone suspension all round Polyflex bushes all round
Fully powder coated chassis and suspension
Bespoke Aluminium fuel tank
The engine runs and all the drive line and gear linkage is finshed and installed
All body work is finished, apart from bolting on the rear and front wings
Fibreglass side panel, bonnet (which we reinforced and added scoop for airflow), back panel, nose cone front and rear cycle wings. All in Black
One off (made by ourselves - we do fibre glassing as a side line job) front splitter, windscreen and dash pod (You can have the moulds of these if you wish to make more and sell them)
Bespoke Lighweight one off drivers seat (I will let you have the plans of how to make these if you want to get more made)
All lights (except headlamps)
Set of OZ 15" superlegs alloys
Wiring complete (detailed wiring diagram supplied in powerpoint format)
All gauges (bike speedo and rev counter, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel level, gear indicator) wired in. This is where a massive part of the time went, we hated the normal 7 dash so made a one of dash that houses all gauges so they don't look like after market items. This is virtually complete, all it needs is the dial faces finishing (we were going to get stickers made)
Full stainless 4-2-1 exhaust system
Rad and water system all connect up and working
Braced roll bar (powder coated in "power silver")
There are loads of other things that I haven't mentioned, please call or email me for more details
None of the 2nd hand parts (only really engine, diff & drive line, uprights and rad) have been just thrown in. They have all been stripped down, cleaned, refurbed and either painted or powder coated.
The only things I can think of to finish the car are the brake flexi hoses (abou £50 from MK), headlights, harnesses, dial face and a nuts and bolts. A few weekends and the car would be complete, and look amazing!!!
This car really is very close to being completed and finished to an amazing level.
This car has cost us over £8000 so far, so grab yourself an true bargain!!!!
Details of the build can be seen on build diary website:- http://www.ringtrip.co.uk/mk9r/
Please note that the car is much further on than shown in the build diary, i just haven't updated it for some time. I will add some more recent pictures shortly
Please note, this car is not complete, and cannot be driven away, you will need a trailer!

An example of the car it will be:-