Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

think i want some awd now....anyone like skylines?

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2006, 08:27 PM
MR.T
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think i want some awd now....anyone like skylines?

would anyone want this...........

Mint R33 Spec2 For Sale Or P/x - Skyline Owners Forum

i want to get something awd, looked at gt4, evo, gtr and drove a 94 wrx

would anyone be intrested??
Old 14 December 2006, 12:36 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

want a Turbo 2000 MY99 with a dodgy clutch
Old 14 December 2006, 12:50 PM
waggy doo
Scooby Regular

Hi
This is my Scoob which is for sale.
White with blue graphics,can be seen in 2nd pic down.There are other pictures also further down.
I would be intersted in a part ex.

Thanks

Martyn

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...tional+MY96wrx
Old 14 December 2006, 01:09 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by waggy doo
Hi
This is my Scoob which is for sale.
White with blue graphics,can be seen in 2nd pic down.There are other pictures also further down.
I would be intersted in a part ex.

Thanks

Martyn

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...tional+MY96wrx
do you want a MY99 with a Dodgy clutch Is only just slipping in 5th
Old 14 December 2006, 01:30 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

i have been to see this car with a friend whos looking for a Skyline.

the car stalls when it comes to a stop like traffic lights.!!!

this is due to the dump valve was installed the WRONG WAY!! as you can see from the pics below the origianl dv is still in there and he has welded the Apexi dv onto the intercooler piping.... the car has been running like this for quite a long time... and he has used a small screw to block the vacum hose from the apexi dv, that means its sucking in dirt air all the time..... i honestly dont think is is a well cared skyline at all.

i would stay well clear guys, just my 2p

Old 14 December 2006, 11:51 PM
MR.T
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE=~DrEaM~]i have been to see this car with a friend whos looking for a Skyline.

the car stalls when it comes to a stop like traffic lights.!!!

this is due to the dump valve was installed the WRONG WAY!! as you can see from the pics below the origianl dv is still in there and he has welded the Apexi dv onto the intercooler piping.... the car has been running like this for quite a long time... and he has used a small screw to block the vacum hose from the apexi dv, that means its sucking in dirt air all the time..... i honestly dont think is is a well cared skyline at all.

i would stay well clear guys, just my 2p

haha dont be a dick, you just wanted to find something to moan about to knock the price down!

the bov does not even work as there is no vac, i asked about blocking the bov on two skyline owner clubs, both said that it was fine! + the standard re-circ had a blanking plate on.

i have hooked up the apexi bov propper since then and it works fine.........oh yeah and i found out by refitting the standard re-circ that the car still cut out at the lights sometimes.......it turned out all the problem was is that the vac piping was way to soft and sucking shut stoppin vac and stallin the engine......got some nice proper vac pipe now and the car is perfect and stopped the stallin!

oh i liked the silver gtst your mate bought.....see it at japshow....nice i didnt like the huge spoiler or scuff marks all over it tho.
Old 15 December 2006, 09:18 AM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

i was just saying what happened the day and it did stall, i asked does he still have the origianl DV he said it was at home , then i noticed in was still on the car with the Apexi fitted... (seller not being honest )

as the Apexi is a VTA DV, even if you block the vacume hose the DV will still be leaking air .

my mates skyline? we brought it with 36kmiles FSH even with Jap history and with a very decent price than 5999 m8.

Last edited by ~DrEaM~; 15 December 2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 15 December 2006, 09:43 AM
MR.T
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ~DrEaM~
i was just saying what happened the day and it did stall, i asked does he still have the origianl DV he said it was at home , then i noticed in was still on the car with the Apexi fitted... (seller not being honest )

as the Apexi is a VTA DV, even if you block the vacume hose the DV will still be leaking air .

my mates skyline? we brought it with 36kmiles FSH even with Jap history and with a very decent price than 5999 m8.
the apexi bov WAS fitted when you see the car but cut out cos the rubbish vac hose and the origianl re-circ bov was still on the car but had a blanking plate on it, i have seen a lot of skyline owners fit a bov on the inlet piping and block off the re-circ with a plate. in the picture you can see the apexi bov blocked off at the time the picture was taken as i was testing the old re-circ to cure the stallin,the car was not run with the apexi bov blocked like that.

Last edited by MR.T; 15 December 2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 15 December 2006, 09:49 AM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MR.T
the apexi bov WAS fitted when you see the car but cut out cos the rubbish vac hose and the origianl re-circ bov was still on the car but had a blanking plate on it, i have seen a lot of skyline owners fit a bov on the inlet piping and block off the re-circ with a plate. in the picture you can see the apexi bov blocked off at the time the picture was taken as i was testing the old re-circ to cure the stallin,the car was not run with the apexi bov blocked like that.
The point i want to make is you were not honest in the first place and it did stalled. lol... when we went to see the car they were both fitted and it was not running right thats a FACT
Old 15 December 2006, 01:50 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

AINT BEING FUNNY MATE BUT THAT SKYLINE IS NOT WORTH ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PRICE ! YOU CAN PICK NICE CLEAN GTS UP FOR £1500 IF YOU LOOK HARD
Old 15 December 2006, 02:28 PM
MR.T
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ~DrEaM~
The point i want to make is you were not honest in the first place and it did stalled. lol... when we went to see the car they were both fitted and it was not running right thats a FACT
yeah? i know both bov's was fitted to the car, the apexi one was fitted and working and the re-circ was still fitted but had a blankin plate to block it off propper? yes the car did stall like i said it did. whats your point

the engine stalled a couple of times a few months before you even came to see the car and i didnt think to much of it at the time as if you read the sticky on the skyline club vta bov's will most likelly stall the engine at traffic lights.....seems the hks ssqv does not stall the engine which is why they use them........
Old 17 December 2006, 12:57 PM
cheesey_555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B4D HK
AINT BEING FUNNY MATE BUT THAT SKYLINE IS NOT WORTH ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PRICE ! YOU CAN PICK NICE CLEAN GTS UP FOR £1500 IF YOU LOOK HARD
You are right about the car not being worth anywhere near that price, I sold my R33 GTS beginning of the year for £5k, it was more moddified and had GTR rear spoiler and 400r front bumper. And I struggled to get £5k for it then. (see attachment)

It is worth more than £1500, more like £4500
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sky.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	145  
Old 17 December 2006, 01:46 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

i sold mine for 6k but that was in the middle of 2004.

i dontk now why but now i look back at it, i dont know why i even bought it. The impreza was more fun, quicker and had everything i could have wanted. I guess it was the badge lol a poor mans GTR even though i owned one
Old 17 December 2006, 02:53 PM
CRAIG R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
i sold mine for 6k but that was in the middle of 2004.

i dontk now why but now i look back at it, i dont know why i even bought it. The impreza was more fun, quicker and had everything i could have wanted. I guess it was the badge lol a poor mans GTR even though i owned one
Hardly a poor mans Gtr as the two are completely different and as for being quicker the scoob gets it on the twistys by a mile but on a straight road make a note of what the front of either gtr or gtst looks like cos you'll only be seeing the back(in stock form obviously and on a private road of course). Personally i like both of them.
The subaru and skyline gtst are two different animals each with their own plus points and equally fun in their own right .
As for a good gtst for £1500 post up the ads of em and i'll go buy a couple and double my money
Awaits good flaming lol

Last edited by CRAIG R; 17 December 2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 17 December 2006, 11:32 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CRAIG R
Hardly a poor mans Gtr as the two are completely different and as for being quicker the scoob gets it on the twistys by a mile but on a straight road make a note of what the front of either gtr or gtst looks like cos you'll only be seeing the back(in stock form obviously and on a private road of course). Personally i like both of them.
The subaru and skyline gtst are two different animals each with their own plus points and equally fun in their own right .
As for a good gtst for £1500 post up the ads of em and i'll go buy a couple and double my money
Awaits good flaming lol
Of course a poor mans GTR, same model but different variant, GTS being cheaper and underpowered compared to a GTR.

Now with regards to a GTS-T racing a scoob particularly a STi, dont know which back your talking about mate since the Skyline would be lost in the distance. Ive had one and driven two different GTS-T's, all three looked decent, sound awesome but very very sluggish hence the sale
Old 18 December 2006, 09:26 AM
coffey
Scooby Regular

i'd get an evo or impreza

had a gt4....nothing but trouble
Old 18 December 2006, 10:21 AM
cheesey_555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Of course a poor mans GTR, same model but different variant, GTS being cheaper and underpowered compared to a GTR.

Now with regards to a GTS-T racing a scoob particularly a STi, dont know which back your talking about mate since the Skyline would be lost in the distance. Ive had one and driven two different GTS-T's, all three looked decent, sound awesome but very very sluggish hence the sale
I agree with you kilo_4que, the only time the GTS-t shines is once it is doing about 70-80mph, then it goes when you put your foot down. (well my one did)

The main problem is that the engine seems to be at it's limit when it is stock, and any moddifying is expensive and the power gains are small, especially if you compare it to the GTR. The stock turbo has ceramic blades, so you are limited on the amount boost you can run for a start. There isn't much scope with the fueling either. I think mine must have been about 270 280bhp tops with everything I had done, maybe even less. So I got out when the going was good. If i had to choose, my scoob would win hands down every time. (although the skyline look great, but looks ain't everything)