Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Radius R3 17" Anthracite Alloys with 5 tyres, in need of refurb/fixing

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2007, 05:27 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radius R3 17" Anthracite Alloys with 5 tyres, in need of refurb/fixing

Hi there. I have my old set of alloys for sale. They are 17" Radius R3 alloys in Anthracite with a 5x100 stud pattern, ET50 offset, 7Jx17H2 width etc. I removed these from my classic Impreza last weekend when I got a new set of wheels for her. These wheels are in need of love, but are pretty rare I believe and look bootiful on Imprezas. I had these running with Eibach Pro-Kit lowered springs and the clearance is just fine on classic imprezas in case anyone is wondering. Details:

All 4 wheels need refurbishing, the other half couldn't park along kerbs to save her life...

2 of the wheels need straightening out as I hit a god awful pothole on a bend 2 months back that threw the car up towards the slanted kerb where I connected with it. Result, the 2 left wheels are buckled but show no signs of impact metal fatigue or breakage etc as far as I can tell and 2 trips to National Tyres confirmed this. They balanced the wheels out as best they could, the car drove ok with them on and got me through the MOT. I didn't have time to send them off to one of the many places on the web that could straighten them/refurb them so I got lazy and bought a new set instead.

there was a nick in the sidewall of one of the tyres and despite National saying that it was shallow and would not affect the MOT I played it safe and bought a brand new tyre (V tread design) to stick on in the even of there being a problem. The car passed with an advisory on the nick, but saying that it was still safe. I am throwing this unused tyre in as a freebie as I don't have a use for it anymore and it is the right size for the wheels.

There are 4 Linglong L688 215/40/ZR17 87W V tread design with tonnes of tread on them, 1000's of miles left.

I didn't clean the entire car for a year during the hosepipe ban and only gave these a quick clean before taking a pic so apologies if they look dirty.

Hi-res picture here: http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...ffy/wheels.jpg

Picture of them attached to the car here: http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...ffy/fluffy.jpg

I have been told that it is pretty straightforward to straighten/refurb these wheels by freidns in the trade and it is a common thing so you could get a rare set of great looking anthracite alloys for a very good overall price.

£180 NO OFFERS

I would like pickup only really due to the fact that they weigh a lot and I don't have a enough spare time to package them up amazingly and find a courier to collect them. Collection from Farnham, Surrey or Farnborough, Hampshire. Payment by Bank Transfer ideally as I have put them on at a very low price already. Priced well to sell as I realise you will have to get them sorted out but they will be worth it.

Cheers,

Nick .
Old 20 May 2007, 09:22 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Bump.
Old 22 May 2007, 01:26 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Bump.