Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Mini moto, Origami B1 rep, Gorgeous bike!!! Ducati WSB livery.

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2007, 11:17 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mini moto, Origami B1 rep, Gorgeous bike!!! Ducati WSB livery.

Please have a look lads.

Its not the usual rubbish.

Cost me over £650. Hardly used.

Looking for offers around £300

Cheers

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...6-replica.html
Old 06 June 2007, 05:03 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

TTT
Old 06 June 2007, 09:47 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frayz
TTT
No offence mate lovely looking bike there but are you seriously saying you paid over £650 for a B1 replica ?? having been involved in minimotos for a good number off years now I have never heard off a new B1 replica selling for over half this amount and yep I do mean the decent ones with the improved frame, cooling mods etc, etc all which were a must on this particular bike

again no offence but if you seriously want to sell one of these bikes I would certainly have a look at currant prices off thse replicas and possibly adjust your price accordingly.

its certainly a lovely looking bike and they are surprsingly quick compared to the more commonly found air cooled versions.

best off luck anyway.
Old 06 June 2007, 11:00 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by jono300
No offence mate lovely looking bike there but are you seriously saying you paid over £650 for a B1 replica ?? having been involved in minimotos for a good number off years now I have never heard off a new B1 replica selling for over half this amount and yep I do mean the decent ones with the improved frame, cooling mods etc, etc all which were a must on this particular bike

again no offence but if you seriously want to sell one of these bikes I would certainly have a look at currant prices off thse replicas and possibly adjust your price accordingly.

its certainly a lovely looking bike and they are surprsingly quick compared to the more commonly found air cooled versions.

best off luck anyway.
I did look for current pricing and couldnt find any. I have had this bike for 2 years and its sat in my spare room ever since. Ive had it running and it ran perfectly. YES i did pay £650 for it new.

Please advise me as to current pricing as i really have no idea. Its a shame because this really has had only 2 or so tanks of fuel through it.

No offence taken, i just thought id price it at half the original cost, a price i thought was about right.
Old 07 June 2007, 12:13 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

ttt
Old 07 June 2007, 04:34 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frayz
I did look for current pricing and couldnt find any. I have had this bike for 2 years and its sat in my spare room ever since. Ive had it running and it ran perfectly. YES i did pay £650 for it new.

Please advise me as to current pricing as i really have no idea. Its a shame because this really has had only 2 or so tanks of fuel through it.

No offence taken, i just thought id price it at half the original cost, a price i thought was about right.
Okay thanks for your reply mate, have attached a link to a site who sell a lot off the better versions off these B1 replicas, looks around the £215 level and that is for the very latest versions.

Annoying that prices can drop so much within a short space off time but again even a couple off years ago most B1 replicas were selling for between £200- £350.

If you are still selling at a much cheaper price then please do P me and I will pass the info on within the other mini moto guys I know.

cheers
Old 07 June 2007, 04:34 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks for your reply mate, have attached a link to a site who sell a lot off the better versions off these B1 replicas, looks around the £215 level and that is for the very latest versions.

Annoying that prices can drop so much within a short space off time but again even a couple off years ago most B1 replicas were selling for between £200- £350.

If you are still selling at a much cheaper price then please do P me and I will pass the info on within the other mini moto guys I know.

cheers
www.cokermoto.com

Trending Topics

Old 07 June 2007, 04:57 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

TBH mate i wouldnt be interested in seeing it go for less than £200.

Its crazy to lose that money on it.
Old 07 June 2007, 06:55 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

No probs mate totally understand what you are saying have been there myself before in paying expensive for something only to find within a relativly short space off time its worth just a fraction off the new price.

having asked around on a few off the minimoto forums I am a member off it would seam there is even worse news for you ??!! from the five replies received its reckoned that your bike is probably worth about £100 tops, unfortuantely thse particular models with the older style frame as opposed to the newer trellis style frame were very prone to overheating etc, etc, which was why most folk wantting a B1 replica were after the revised trellis frame type model ( see differnces in the link I sent you previously ) in saying that the reliablty off even these newer models without the neccesary mods ( cooling mods etc ) were considered very poor, most owners having there bikes overheat within the first few outings on them.

personally would just hang onto it mate and keep it as a show piece ( it really can look great stuck in a spare room , garage etc !! and maybe even try give it some action over the summer months , they really are great fun mate !!

feel free to check other forums out regards my info but again just thought I should update you a little on these bikes.

cheers
Old 07 June 2007, 09:07 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

No probs mate totally understand what you are saying have been there myself before in paying expensive for something only to find within a relativly short space off time its worth just a fraction off the new price.

having asked around on a few off the minimoto forums I am a member off it would seam there is even worse news for you ??!! from the five replies received its reckoned that your bike is probably worth about £100 tops, unfortuantely thse particular models with the older style frame as opposed to the newer trellis style frame were very prone to overheating etc, etc, which was why most folk wantting a B1 replica were after the revised trellis frame type model ( see differnces in the link I sent you previously ) in saying that the reliablty off even these newer models without the neccesary mods ( cooling mods etc ) were considered very poor, most owners having there bikes overheat within the first few outings on them.

personally would just hang onto it mate and keep it as a show piece ( it really can look great stuck in a spare room , garage etc !! and maybe even try give it some action over the summer months , they really are great fun mate !!

feel free to check other forums out regards my info but again just thought I should update you a little on these bikes.

cheers

Thanks for your input mate,

However i will say that the times i did use it i never had an over heating problem at all and cant say the bike ever faultered. Just my experience.

Ive read about problems with them however i experienced none of the symptoms. I did strip the bike when it was new to check everything was okay and loctite'd all the fasteners.

I also checked all the cooling system due to hearing of these faults and made sure the system was bled properly. Subsequently the bike ran beautifully. I upgraded the footpegs as these were sh1te and added some holme tech carbon reeds which made a noticeable difference.

Maybe i will have to keep it as I really dont think its worth letting go for the kind of money these guys say its worth.