Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Milltek Twin Scroll cat back catted exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2007, 08:44 AM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milltek Twin Scroll cat back catted exhaust

fyi if anyone interested ... ebay item 140144856282

The exhaust for sale is second hand and was originally fitted to my Type 20 Impreza from Litchfield Imports by Powerstation in June 2005. If potential purchasers are not aware of these companies, they are well known and respected importers and performance tuners in the Subaru circles in the UK.

The exhaust is for the Japanese Model Impreza ie the JDM Twin Scroll .. it is NOT for a UK spec turbo or car, unless it now has the twin scroll exhaust from the Japanese import models.

I absolutely love this exhaust and miss it still. It is louder than the original JDM spec exhaust but not overtly so when driving normally. Push the revs quickly over 4000 and it roars beautifully ... as opposed to most exhausts that seem to bellow. Some have described the sound as similar to a deep powerful motorbike accelerating hard.

This 2.75" exhaust is up for sale as I (in hindsight) made the mistake of trading great sound for a little more power as I now have the 3" Milltek system which creates far more in car booming and just doesn't have the gorgeous sound of this exhaust.

The exhaust comes with all the original fitting bolts, gaskets etc as well as Milltek fitting instructions - although I suspect new gaskets will be needed.

The exhaust is in 3 parts. The backbox with 4" tailpiece - MSSUB115, the center section - MSSUB117 and the catted downpipe - MSSUB123.

If this was to be bought new as a complete system it would be approx £950 .... Milltek Exhausts SUBARU Turbo-back including Hi-Flow Sports Cat :: Cat Back Systems :: Performance Exhausts :: Softel Tech Ltd

Powerstation recommend that the car is mapped if this exhaust is fitted to get the best benefits from your car.

The whole system weighs approximately 18-20 Kg and if the purchaser is not collecting (I am in Southampton area) then I require the appropriate amount of postage to be paid (to be agreed before hand) prior to me sending it on. I have nominally put £30 in the postage box - but I do not know how much this will be yet, but will let the purchaser know before I send it.

fyi re Milltek Sport

Company history and other general information about Milltek SportOver 20 years of continuous exhaust development and technical expertise are drawn upon to develop the ultimate Milltek Sport range of performance products.
Milltek Sport offer an ever expanding comprehensive selection of Performance exhausts which build on the successes of key marques like Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Mini and BMW. This has placed Milltek Sport at the forefront of tuning companies and owners ‘must have’ list. Milltek Sport have appointed key distributors and are currently exporting to over 40 countries around the world.

Milltek Sport exhausts are produced in high quality type 304 aircraft grade stainless steel. This material is anti-magnetic (other manufacturers stainless steel may not be) and is less susceptible to discolouration. This quality of stainless steel is used on all pipework and the total construction of the silencer. Mandrel bending ensures full flow bends for better gas flow and Milltek systems are increased in bore to ensure ultimate performance without the loss of mid range torque.

Milltek Sport exhausts have a genuine performance edge - noticable power gains, sounds that are truely awesome, styled looks that are aggressive but discrete and a feeling of true exhilaration.

* Transforms performance and driveability
* Sharper throttle response
* Substantial weight saving over original equipment systems
* Precision, quality controlled manufacture to ISO 9001 standards
* Highest quality aircraft-grade stainless steel
* Low pressure systems for maximum performance - with no loss of low end torque
* Responsibly developed and engineered
* Designed and manufactured in the UK
Old 07 August 2007, 02:01 PM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

BTT
Old 10 August 2007, 05:42 PM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

BTT again as less than 4 days left. Would like £350 but any sensible offers considered as would prefer just to get rid to avoid the wife having yet another go at me !!