Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

MY98 (99 shape) UK Turbo, new 2.5 STi conversion - immaculate!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2007, 11:02 PM
RVFRichie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy MY98 (99 shape) UK Turbo, new 2.5 STi conversion - immaculate!!

£7500ono.

I have over £6400 in receipts for the engine work alone done by Cotton Competition but not asking much more for the entire car! I reckon there's over £8500 worth of stuff but I was smart shopping all around the world for my parts. She's making around 320bhp but there's loads to go with the STi8 TMIC and hose kit not yet fitted.

She's only just really run-in from all the work and has been religiously looked after since (warmed up and cooled down properly). Only run on Optimax.

She's Flash Red with immaculate period Prodrive Speedline (new only a year and a bit ago) 17's wearing PZeros and looks superb - it turns heads everywhere, although I'm sure some of that is due to the 3.5" straight through APS system and downpipe!

Other goodies include (all brand new - receipts come over £6400+ more for a couple of second-hand bits:

Brand new 2.5 STi closed deck block
New Exedy organic clutch
4.3kg Nakamura forged flywheel
Fuelab FPR
Subaru 550cc injectors
3.5" APS decat system with bung
GT spec headers & up pipe (wrapped)
Fully reconditioned (tappet clearances new seals and all) STi 5 heads
New MAF sensor
STi 8 TMIC with Samco kit (not yet fitted)
Brand new IHI VF34 ball bearing turbo
Forced Performance 10 micron turbo oil filter (not yet fitted)
Roger Clarke modified oil pump
ARP head stud kit
Cometic competition head gaskets

This car is my pride and joy and I'll be really sad to see her go. I bought her in 2005 for £7500. She was formerly owned by an airline pilot who had all servicing done at half the milage (reciepts and Subaru history to prove). The milage for the chassis is low at just under 60k.

I'm starting a business and have to get something more economical. Since the last ad, I've bought braided brake lines (to be fitted) but have added EBC Yellow Stuff pads which have transformed the brakes (which are Sti 4 pots at the front with standard rears). There's also an STi 8 TMIC with Samco hose kit to go on. The car also has aircon and a nice Sony stereo with remote control/CD changer.

£7500 - a realistic price I'd think - or will swap a decent GT TDi 130/150 or a Fabia vRS - Richard 07736 321786

Last edited by RVFRichie; 22 August 2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Mistake regarding TMIC - it's STi8, not STi6