Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

STi V5 import for sale - needs engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2007, 01:45 PM
healeyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi V5 import for sale - needs engine rebuild

I've got a black Impreza STi V5 import for sale. I've owned this car from new and it was registered in december 1999 and is an "S" reg.

The car has been standing for about three years and the engine has been fully dismantled. I believe that it will require a rebore & new pistons after suffering a detonation (no. 2 I think). Apart from that it's in pretty good condition and had done 24k miles before the engine problem, if I remember correctly but it's been a while since I've seen the Odometer.

You will either need to know what you're doing to put the engine back together or have someone who does. It ended up in this state after a dealer in Alton Hants quoted me £825 to fix the engine they tried to rip me off, we fell out and gave me the engine back in a box. Over all this time I really intended to sort it out myself but I now have to realise that it won't ever happen. This car has really never been raced.

Additional information: this is a 4dr and is completely unmodified except for a chip change to remove the 112mph speed limit. It even has the original exhaust system. The bodywork is in very good condition, although the car has been kept outside it has been under a tarpaulin. It is in the Reading area and there have been SORN declarations for the time it has been off the road. I will not be able to get any photos until the weekend because I don't get home until after dark. I am considering a sensible price which will depend on how much I think the car would fetch if it was working minus how much it would cost to fix, including an incentive.

I reckon this was about the last Impreza shape to both go well and look good,
sensible offers please via e-mail.

Last edited by healeyb; 20 November 2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 19 November 2007, 04:38 PM
ladsarmy
Scooby Regular

any pics
Old 19 November 2007, 08:29 PM
sparky N
Scooby Regular

YHPM mate
Old 19 November 2007, 11:07 PM
ladsarmy