Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Profession karting outfit

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2008, 06:08 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profession karting outfit

Hi all,

Long shot I know but if someone is looking for a hobby or if there are any karters amongst us I have the following for sale.

I have copied the text from my ebay advert and have loads of pictures if anyone is interested. I would link to ebay but am not sure if this is allowed - can someone confirm?

If anyone is interested and doesn't understand the 'kart speak' feel free to get in touch:

Birel R31 SV supplied by Andy *** Racing in March 2008 to Steve Cobb (Super 1 and Euromax driver) who did one test day and one European race with Team Simpson (TEAM SIMPSON) and is unused by me. I purchased from Team Simpson with the intention of racing with the best possible package I could afford but am selling everything to fund a Caterham.

The chassis is in mint condition as would be expected and comes with the following:

Brand new Wildkart exhaust mounts
Brand new Kartsmart chain guard
Brand new exhaust wadding and baffle (still in wrapper)
Tillett T11 MS seat fitted as per measurements from Team Simpson

2004 Ogden engine with 4 hours since last rebuild. This engine was an Ogden supplied engine from new and was used by Stew Baker to help win the 2007 Dunkeswell 177 Championship. The engine is in mint condition and comes with a recent new radiator and clutch drum. The carb has been set up by Steve Ogden to match the engine. Come complete with new style airbox.

Brand new Varta battery
Brand new style battery cradle (foam goes all the way around the battery)
Brand new mustard magnesium Freeline rims (still in box) and 1 race day old SL6's that I bought to dial the kart in on my first test day which I never got round to
Brand new Freeline engine mount

Also, brand new consumables like a new Denso IW27 plug, new proper copper wheel nuts for the mags etc. The nosecone does not have a sticker on but included in the sale is a new in wrapper nosecone graphic. This package is capable of competing at the highest level and has very little time on all the components that aren't new.

Any inspection is welcome and pictures of any area available by email. I am happy to pass on my knowledge of karting to any newcomers.

This is a retirement sale so loads of other parts also available including a trailer.

Price: £2400. A new Birel chassis is £2520 for the chassis alone (no engine, seat, tyres, sticker kit, engine mount etc etc)

Feel free to PM me, email me (ianp@second-sight.com) or call me on 07811 190400.

Cheers

Ian

Old 04 September 2008, 06:10 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Smile

That's supposed to read: Professional karting outfit! Doh!
Old 05 September 2008, 01:13 PM
Ian Payne
Scooby Regular

Bump...