Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

1995 STI RA

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2008, 12:03 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 1995 STI RA

Right, bought this a while back as a weekend toy but I seriously underestimated how little time I'd have after becoming a Dad! I just don't get chance to play (ie last time I used it was 4 weeks ago today)

I searched for a long time to find a nice genuine sti RA. There's not exactly a lot of these about and the ones I looked at over the past year were pretty ropey to say the least (had some really pleasing train journeys to collect badly described cars!)

I recently decided to modify my wagon (my daily work hack) and have done so now, I feel it's the right time to move the RA along to someone who'll get some use out of it.

I'm the first private owner from Import.

1995 STI RA
White
DCCD
Roof vent
Close/low ratio gearbox
original closed deck block
5th injector
optional electric windows and air-con
original 16" gold wheels
3 months tax
8 months MOT
68k miles (still in KM's)

Modifications

Bridgestone RE-01 tyres (all fresh)
3" downpipe back exhaust system with 5" tail
K&N panel filter
ScoobyEcu chip (safe for uk super unleaded)
KYB super SR (i think) suspension, shocks and matched springs, perfect condition and look quite new (no noises from suspension)
Samco intercooler hose (turbo to cooler)
Scoobyworld mudflaps (in red)
Suede steering wheel (original available)
Suede gear **** (I recovered the original)

I have the std exhaust if you'd prefer that.

Was serviced by the importer before it came to me but since owning I've done the following..

Genuine Subaru oil filter
Millers fully synth 10w60 oil
K&N panel filter
ScoobyEcu chip (so it's safe on UK super unleaded)

The car runs perfectly, starts silently from cold and pulls like a train! The suspension is all perfect, no knocks or bangs and is pretty new looking. Gearbox operates fine, clutch holds strong and feels quite fresh so I'd say that'd been changed in Japan quite recently too (comparing it to my 69k wagon)

You can tell this was someones pride in Japan as it's really clean, even underneath it's excellent. All the black suspension parts are still fresh looking (another reason why I don't use it this time of year)

Bodywork is superb on the car, paint is very shiney and again obviously been looked after. Only marks are a dent on each back door the shippers did, which I'm confident a dent master bloke would remove easily (just shallow marks)

Wheels are all almost perfect, I think only 1 wheel has a small nick in the rim, and 1 centre cap has a bit of flaking of the gold paint.

Interior is excellent again and the suede wheel and **** I fitted makes it feel like you're in the cockpit of your own little rally car (especially with the roof vent up )

I had the car on the rollers at Zen performance (and it should even be in redline magazine soon, they were there covering the RR day) and it made 301bhp with just over 1bar of boost, have the printout also have AFR graph which shows it on the safe side for fuelling.

It pulls really well with the low ratio box and I'm sure if you fitted a power FC and a JGM remap it'd be a rocket.

Anyway, lot's of waffle and no pics

It's probably going to be next weekend before I can get some pictures, but if anyone is seriously interested it looks like a standard ( but low) white STI RA with red flaps

£3600

Last edited by jameswrx; 23 November 2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 23 November 2008, 12:13 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

If you log into type ra forum you'll see my wheel and ****

Suede steering wheel on my STI RA - Type-RA.co.uk - Forum for Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, WRX STi, Spec-C, S202, Type RA-R