Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2009, 06:24 PM
Damien.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Here we have a 1994 Import Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The car has been my pride and joy since I bought it at the start of the year but recently have received bad news about my job and am now forced to sell.

Exterior.
Finished in black, the exterior is in good condition for a car of its age. There is a slight rust bubble on the rear drivers side wheel arch and some minor surface scratches here and there. The exterior has only been applied with subtle mods; lightweight facelift bonnet with 22B vents, facelight angel eye head lights, facelift grille and black rear lights.

Interior.

Again the interior is in pretty good condition, with only slight wear to the drivers side bucket seat. This STI benefits from; electric windows all round, air conditioning, premium sound system and subtle styling mods such as; oil temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, boost gauge, lockwood dials, stainless steet gear stick surround and a blitz automatic turbo timer.

Engine.
The car was fitted with a new EJ20 engine just two weeks ago, bought off a forum member on Scoobynet. The new engine starts and runs like a dream and shows no signs of bottom end knock. Some performance mods applied to the engine; front mount intercooler, uprated oil pump, remote oil cooler, new water pump, new exeedy clutch, lightened flywheel, uprated manifold, decat exhaust system, alloy radiator, blitz dump valve and HKS cone induction kit.

Whilst the engine was being replace i also requested that the car had a full service. This included; oil change, coolant flush and change, new oil filter, new fuel filter and new spark plugs. Like mentioned above its running like an absolute dream and pulls very hard when it comes on boost.

Bad Points.

Well i have to list some to avoid dissapointment for possible viewers.

1) There is a slight knock from the front end when going over bumpy surfaces, suspected bushes but havent had this checked out. I may have fixed this by the time i sell the car but i cant guarantee it.

2) The boost comes on in two stages. It boosts up to 10PSI until 5000RPM and then it will boost up to 15PSI. I havent got a clue what causes this but ive driven the car around sensibly to avoid problems, if this would cause any.

3) On acceleration in 2nd there is a slight judder throughout the car. Suspected the rear diff on the way out. Again this might be solved by the time the car is sold but i cant guarantee it.

Final Notes.

Just to finish this off i cant stress how nice the car drives. It starts without a problem every morning and gets me to everywhere i want to go without even skipping a beat. The car also comes with RAC Trackstar which is not currently activated and it comes with a Clifford Alarm system.

Comes with 10 Months MOT and is taxed until May 2009.

The Price.
£3500 ONO.
After the new engine and other bits, she owes me more than this but i could really do with the money at the moment, i dont know how long im going to be looking for a new job.

Thanks for looking, Damien.

Old 17 March 2009, 09:26 PM
Damien.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price reduced to £3750 Ono.