Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

1999 T plate citroen saxo vtr.

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2009, 09:52 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1999 T plate citroen saxo vtr.

I bought this for louise about a month back to learn to drive in, however I bought it on ebay and didnt really give it a good look over when I bought it, and to be fair its not in a good as a condition as what was stated. but the selling price reflects this, and I will be selling it at a big loss!

as is louise wont drive it, so I cant see the point in messing about with it, it may as well go to someone who can be arsed to do the few things it needs doing to sort it out, ive done loads but it still needs a few stupid things doing to it.

well its a really nice deep blue, and it actually starts runs and drives really well. however the previous dick that owned it, has planted a stupid induction kit on from what seems to be another sort of car, the reason for me saying this is that the car will throw up a engine management fault after about 6 hours of driving it saying faulty airbox. it goes into limp mode and the only way out of it is to remove the battery lead for half an hour to reset the ecu.

the same dick has also removed the inner wings and the washer bottle to allow for the 18" wheels he had fitted (now on standard alloys and looking much better!) but still you get excessive amounts of water and muck spraying into the engine bay. so you will need these, ive found some on ebay but im not travelling 200 miles for them and he wont send them, but you can expect to pay about £30.

the only other bits that need doing apart from the washer bottle, inner wings, and the air filter are: the drivers side door card is missing some of the lugs that attach it to the door, you need about 6 of these, and you also need the nsr wheel taking off and a new wheel bearing fitting, its not making a noise but it has a +/- 1-2mm movement. it would probaby fail an mot on it, so worth doing it.

there is no service history with the car, but it does start run and drive perfectly well, it could do with a bloody good service, as the oil is gross.

it had a "bad boy" exhaust on it when I got it, its now residing in the skip as it was one of those universal pieces of sh!te, however its clearly had a full "system" on it at some point as its blowing at the front joint, I havent had chance to get to it and tighten it up as yet, but saying that even if the exhaust is shagged th whole centre and back box is only £50! I bought a back box from ebay for £10 and fitted that. but you can buy new patent if you prefer. I just dont want to put anymore cash into it.

when I got it, the clocks were cracked and they were difficult to see, so I bought a set of clocks from ebay for £20 and have fitted those now and they are good, they do show the mileage as 106k miles (ish iirc) but the actual mileage is a tad over 85k, the old clocks are in the same skip as the pos exhaust so you will have to take my word on that, you can see by the seats its not done excessive miles though.

I paid nearly £900 for it, and ive spent a further £80 on other bits, so I think the asking price of £600 ovno is really very fair, as im not hiding anything and it only needs £70 spending to get it to be a bloody good car.

I have just sold my impreza so im clubbing as much cash togather to buy a decent caravan for me and my family.

ile try and get some pics up later.
Old 10 April 2009, 11:27 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

pics just taken, stereo/daughter not included.
Old 10 April 2009, 03:15 PM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

join saxp mate and list it on there in for sale section

link to join

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/
Old 10 April 2009, 03:46 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

done cheers mate
Old 10 April 2009, 03:51 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

it sux to be a newbie

- you must have a minimum of 100 forum posts... AND
- you must have been a registered member for atleast 30 days.
Old 11 April 2009, 01:51 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

bttt
Old 11 April 2009, 12:38 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

bttt