Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Saab 9-5 Aero 2004 250bhp £4000 Excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2009, 12:40 PM
DAC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saab 9-5 Aero 2004 250bhp £4000 Excellent condition

Firstly sorry to people who phoned/e.mailed.

I was going to keep it as a third car after buying a BMW M5 as well (sorry saab fans) - but three performance car insurances is daft (even dafter is I turned down an offer of £4ooo)

so anyway - its definately for sale - obviously if it doesnt sell I will have to keep it but want to sell it, and am approachable about offers once someone has been to seen it. ( I am a genuine seller and saab fanatic for 15+ years - so pleas only come if you can afford it and can get insurance on it)

ADVERT

For sale is our 2004 (facelift version) Saab 9-5 aero in
Nocturn Blue - Manual.

This is a superb, well looked after car in exceptional condition and with some rare factory fitted options making this aero a cut above the rest.

As well as the usual features listed below, this one has the very rare light grey interior (I think also better quality leather), seat fans to cool your bum in the summer as well as heaters to warm it up in the winter, black carbon dashboard instead of the usual silver and because of the coolers, vented leather seat inserts which especially with the grey, gives it that extra special look.

With just 2 previous owners, It was a Saab lease car with Saab history throughout that period and had been driven by a senior management employee.

Recent aircon service last year with 2 replacement pipes, Everything else on the car apart from a new set of carpet over-mats is original with no signs of wear and tear. (The original mats are also included).
Everything works - all pixels on dash displays

Having been used for mainly motorway miles it drives much like a new car with lovely tight handling, the only giveaway being the numbers on the dashboard. Almost no wear on the seats or carpets.

It has now covered 127,000 miles. Stamped history which is Saab up to 90,000, selling dealer serviced and stamped at 100k, then serviced by previous engineering competent owner at 112,000 and again at 122,000 using Saab filters and Mobil 1 oil, the only oil I would put in a Saab aero. Recommended Service interval is 18,000 miles.

Tyres were changed about motorway 4000 miles ago so are all pretty much as new, wheels have a few marks and are not mint, but look well when cleaned up.

Given the mileage, the body is exceptional also hiding the miles well. No major dings, just a couple of small dings/marks – a sign of the use, you don’t get Tesco trolleys on motorways or not very often at least. You do though get stones and as this car is original and has not been sprayed there are some chips on the bumper/spoiler and some touched up chips on the bonnet but nothing that detracts from the look of the car.

Other equipment not mentioned above includes:-

250 bhp high pressure turbo engine with no smoke or rattles
Smooth changing 5 speed manual gearbox again with no play, wear or noises.
Rad/Cas/CD player
Heated seats with electric adjustment both sides and driver memory.
Split, flat folding rear seats with ski hatch & armrest & “CUP HOLDERS”
Auto dipping rear view mirror
Self levelling Xenon headlights with pressure washers
Electronic stability control encompassing traction control
Complete owners pack with service record, handbook, wallet etc
Fully working recently serviced aircon with dual climate control.
Remote locking with CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser and 2 keys/remote fobs.
Tow bar (not used by us or previous owner)

Usual Extras

Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric heated seats, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Windows, Tilt Steering Wheel.

Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags, Xenon headlights

The Saab 9-5 Aero is a brilliant car that does everything exceptionally well, country lanes, motorway miles, around town in traffic, they excel with economy and power and torque to die for. They are awesomely quick (porche turbo territory) but easy to drive more sedately and with exceptional economy for such a powerful car, regularly returning over 30 mpg on any sort of run.

Taxed till end of September 2009 - MOT till April 2010
Next service due December 2009

So many months of free motoring.

The usual sales patter would say “buyer won’t be disappointed” but that would not do it justice. The buyer will be absolutely blown away, you could almost knock the first “1” off the mileage. A good indication of engine wear can be gained from the emissions but on the MOT a few weeks ago these were:-

CO Fast idle 0.00% Pass 0.20%
CO Idle 0.01% Pass 0.30%
HC 2 ppm Pass 200 ppm

I’ve had cars with zero CO levels before but not that low on both definitely not with just 2 HC ppm

Viewing welcome by appointment. No test pilots please.

Hopefully the above covers nearly everything – but feel free to ask anything else.

Price - Offers close to £ 4000.00

Please Telephone 07941 363631

Clay72@btinternet.com

Old 07 June 2009, 09:25 PM
TYPE R BRAD
Scooby Regular

Very well priced mate, always fancied one of these for the family car.
Bttt
Old 08 June 2009, 03:22 PM
DAC
Scooby Regular

Cheers Brad - it should go at this price - all others I have seen on 04 plate (the facelift version) are at £ 4995 and above, so I think it is priced correctly to sell.

the engines are bulletproof and mileage on these cars is nothing - just run in at 100,000 miles. - my last saab was 178,000 and still ran like a dream.

cheers David
Old 09 June 2009, 10:58 AM
DAC
Scooby Regular

bttt