Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Project 1995 STi

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2009, 08:52 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 1995 STi

I am selling my house to buy the ultimate project... A self build from scratch! This means that I am having to put a few things in order, One of those things is my classic project.

The car has one major problem, Head gasket has gone, That is honestly the only real problem, It being an early STi the engine is forged so once fixed will be strong as an ox.
I have graphs on it running 296 BHP before the head went, And the gasket going was tracked down to a leaking water pipe, This has been replaced.

What the car needs:
A boot lid.
A battery
A head gasket
Thats it!!

With the car I have loads of spares, bumpers, fog covers, wind deflectors, grill, the list goes on.
The car has a Full decat system, 17" gold alloys, Full STi interior, Turbo timer, HKS boost controller, spare bumper, crystal fogs.
The car does fire up with no issues but with the head problem its not something I am into doing, Can be started to show it running though.

The car is registered SORN, loads and loads of history and a very good solid base for a track car or if you are mechanically minded an easy fix and you have got a sweet classic on the road.
When it was driving it went like a rocket. It (somehow) put my MY02 STi to shame.
The car will need to be taken on a trailer, If its not to far from me I might be able to arrange this if I get the asking price.

The absolute worst case is this will cost £1000 to get back on the road or track.
I am asking £1200 for the car and all the spares, So for just over £2k you will have a seriously good car.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I am at JCT4 of the M3.
Cheers
Tim.

Old 19 June 2009, 11:15 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Thats very cheap, if i had the space i'd have it!
A good do it yourself project, £500 back on the road.
Free bump!
Old 20 June 2009, 12:03 AM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

do you have any facelift my00 fog covers and bumpers

jim
Old 20 June 2009, 04:12 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Cheers Tim, Its a pity that things worked out like they did, I can't miss out on this plot, its amazing. The car is so close to be finished too.
I do have face life fogs but I dont want to break at the moment, The car is worthy of being on the road again and it will be sad to lose another good solid classic to the breakers yard.