Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Cheap Classic Wagon for sale

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2009, 01:37 PM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Classic Wagon for sale

I bought this wagon with the intention of taking to Nurburgring, but now everyone else has dropped out, and to be honest I need the money back, so its up for grabs!

Its got a few usefull modifications and is in all over good condition with no rust or dents. There are a few age related marks on it, but nothing to detract from the overall look of the car.

She has recently (within the last 500 miles) had a top end rebuild, replacing the Cambelt and ALL the relevant gaskets, including Head Gaskets, Rockers, Valve Stem Seals, Coil Pack, CrankShaft Seal, Inlet Manifold, exhausts etc........ It has obviously also had Oil and Coolant change. I
t has recently had new Drilled and Vented discs and pads and a new Clutch fitted. It has been VERY well maintained, and has even recently had a change of both the gearbox and diff oils.
She starts on the button and its very reliable, and pretty fast. Just check out the spec list and you can see she has the base mods to make it a pretty nippy and well handling road car!

Modifications:

Engine:
New OEM Clutch
PiperCross Induction Kit
AutoBahn88 Front Mounted Intercooler
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Baileys VTA Dump Valve
3 Port Boost Solenoid fitted with 3 port Manual Boost controller set to 1bar

Exhaust:
De-cat Downpipe
STI Rear section & Back Box

Handling & Braking:
Bilstein Coil Over's fitted all round
Adjustable Front Strut Brace
New Rubber all round
New Cross Drilled and Vented Discs + New Pads
Fresh Brake Fluid

Interior:
Adjustable Turbo Timer
Swoosh Boost gauge fitted in "A" pillar mount
Nardi Steering Wheel

Security:
Cat 1 Sigma Alarm & Immobiliser

I would guestimate the power to be a reliable 260bhp with the handling and braking to match. The response from the little TD04 makes for very little lag.

I will supply a few upgrade parts, such as the larger TD05-16g with the car, free of charge plus a few other parts, should the new owner want them - such as another clutch, pressure plate, headers (Ideal for home porting), up-pipe, OEM Fuel pump and probably a few more bits....

The car is 14 years old, so it does have a few minor defects, and I do mean minor! Normally I wouldn't mention them, but its better to be upfront about it, that way everyone knows what they're getting - They've never bothered me, so I've not got round to fixing them.
Firstly, there is some wear to the drivers side bolster, I have included a pic. Its about the size of a 50 pence piece. There are the usual stone chips, and a slight scrape to the bumper, again, you can hardly notice it, as it has been touched up. The car also suffers from the common rocker cover gasket leak from the drivers side, even though the gasket has been replaced - Its only VERY small and doesn't always happen - It doesn't leave any oil on the floor, but it does drip onto the headers/up-pipe and so produces a small wisp of smoke. As I said, its a small irritation at most, but its best to be honest!

Its got MOT till May 2010 and I've just put 6 months tax on it. There is a whole heap of receipts with the car, and I've probably left a load of stuff out, but its a quick, reliable and cheap wagon, and I'm only selling as I don't really use my car anymore, as I've got 2 bikes.

£1600

I'd possibly be interested in a px with a cheap 4x4, something like a shogun, Hilux Surf etc.... as when I do have to use a car, I usually need to lug around a lot of cr@p!

It is HPI clear and any inspection is welcome - My number is 07976829515 - The car is located in Gosport, near Portsmouth
Cheers

Mark

Old 15 September 2009, 08:24 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump