Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

My Bug / Blob WRX/STI - Lost my Job this week

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2009, 02:46 PM
scooby_wrx1984
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Bug / Blob WRX/STI - Lost my Job this week

Hi All,

I am having to sell my subaru as I have been made redundant and can't afford to keep my pride and joy.

This car has been my best car I have ever owned and i really can't believe I have to sell but I need to keep a roof over my families head.

The car is a 51 plate UK WRX Bugeye but as you can see it has been converted to a Blobeye. This was done as I started to dislike the look of the front end and decided to change it. Teh car was converted using all genuine subaru parts and no cheap copies. As you can see it has been done properly and any inspection of the car will confirm this.The car has NOT been in a crash or bumped, the reason I did it was because I wanted something different. A HPI check will confirm this.
I believe its the only one in the UK in Mica Red with this front end conversion making it a One off. It certainly confuses people when you turn up at shows etc and turns heads everywhere.

With the front end conversion I had the bonnet and wheels sprayed black and was going to get the roof and spoiler done but have run out of money due to losing my job.

The car has had alot of work done to the engine since i bought it. It has had a brand new (12 month warrenty) STI 8 Bottom end fitted by Prosport in Manchester. Along with the new bottom end it has had a brand new (with warrenty) VF34 Roller Bearing turbo, New flywheel, New Exedy Clutch, All new gaskets, New Down Pipe from the turbo and a load more bits. There is a receipt for £5k for the work undertaken at prosport. The car was also run in correctly and had an oil change after 2000 miles and put on the rollers to make sure everything was fine. The car made 302bhp at low boost and i have kept it at that level at boost since it was checked over. Prosport told me it would make 350bhp easily with the set-up it has now but I wanted to keep it reliable to the time being then maybe change it but have not done it.
Along with the above the car has a FMIC, STI Injectors, APS Induction Kit, Full De-Cat Stainless Exhaust with Afterburner Backbox (Sounds awesome), ECUTEK Software, Lowered on Eibach springs, Strut Brace and some other carbon bits under the bonnet.

I have also had Interior out of a WR1 STI put into the car and these are immaculate. There is a boost gauge on the A-Pillar and a Clarion DVD screen in the dash. The interior is immaculate and has been looked after by myself and previous owners.

The car has done 76,000 miles and wont be doing many more as I am parking it up in a garage until it sells. It has full service history from Roger Clark Motorsport, Prosport and other garages. I have had the oil changed ever 3,000 miles since buying the car a year and a half ago.
It is taxed until the end of spet 09 but i will put another 6 months on it. The MOT has about 7/8 months left.

Here are some pictures:

Im am looking for £6,750 for the car.
I would appreciate it if people wouldn't comment on the price as thats what I think it is worth.

If you have any other queries about the car then please contact me on 07969477075 or PM me.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by scooby_wrx1984; 17 September 2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 17 September 2009, 03:08 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Hi mtae, look I don't know your financial situation but if you have just lost your job within the last week I would hold fire on selling for the time being. You have clearly put a lot of time and money into it and it looks like a very mint car and as you say it's almost a one off and you will regret selling it.
There are plenty of jobs out there if you are not too fussy, barwork, office cleaning, warehouse stuff and mate if I had to bcome a binman to earn money I would. Park the car up agreed but be positive and go look for work and give it a month or so first before you sell as you will regret it if you sell and land a job in two weeks time.

Pop an post up in the general section saying what work you do and ask if any one knows of any jobs going in that field or at their work place.

You never know what can happen mate but be positive

best of luck
Old 17 September 2009, 04:11 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to hear this Mate, I realy do feel for you and the family - it's not nice at all, been there myself. Whoever you owe money to, loans Mortgage etc, get on to them ASAP tell them whats happened, they should accept reduced payments for a few months - will give you a breather. Some companies I dealt with took a £1 @ month in token payments, a company called payplan then sorted out a debt management plan with all my creditors - no charge either - so you could try them out too. If you do sell then good luck and think of the future, I'm sure you'll be in Scoobyville again
Old 18 September 2009, 09:32 AM
scooby_wrx1984
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments guys.
i am a quantity surveyor and at the moment there is no work for us in the north west.i am registered with 3 agencies and got people looking out for me at companies but it does not look good.my mate has been out of work for 4 months now and i could not survive that amount of time without seeing the subaru.
end of the day the subaru might not sell for a while so i might have to find another way to obtain some money to keep the house etc.

i will keep it for sale for the moment but if a job comes up i wont sell because i have spent a fortune on it since buying it so would be gutted if it went :-(
Old 18 September 2009, 09:39 AM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Good Luck mate - you are defo not alone - fingers crossed for you and heres hoping things pick up very soooon, Fookin economy !!!

Si
Old 18 September 2009, 11:38 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

Really sorry to hear this bud, keep ya head up and try to keep smilling. I agree with the comments above, if you can park her up (sorn etc etc) and forget about her until you are back on your feet again) then all will be well.
Obviously if this takes longer than a year then you are better of selling due to depreciattion etc. Its a tough decision bud

wishing you all the best H
Old 20 September 2009, 09:03 AM
scooby_wrx1984
Scooby Regular

Bump :-)
Old 23 September 2009, 11:30 AM
scooby_wrx1984
Scooby Regular

Up we go