Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

16" track wheels and tyres *Cheap! Must go!*

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2009, 04:21 PM
YoungY25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16" track wheels and tyres *Must go! £100*

Alright folks. Ive got a set of 16" gold light(ish)weight alloy wheels with road legal cut slicks for sale, complete with wireless in-car tyre temp and presure display.
I had these up on ebay last week but the winning bidder decieded that "my boyfriend put the bid in but we cant actually afford them.....sorry"
They went for less than i wanted tho so i wasnt that bothered.

I got these from a member on here as p/x for my wheels, and was planning on using them a bit before selling them on, however i have a garage full of Subaru parts and a lock-up full of Rover turbo parts so i desperately need a clear out. These are sitting in the boot of my SORN'd wagon as its the only space left to me!

Im looking for £150 for them + postage.
Feel free to make an offer, im desperate to clear space so you never know. Collection is welcome

PM me or phone/text: 07793244824

Pictures and description below

As posted on ebay advert:

The alloys are gold as seen in the picture and are in good condition with only a couple of very minor kerb marks. The only reason i havent said excellent condition is because they have slight flaking on the inner edge of the spokes on two of the wheels. This is most likely due to heat from the brakes as these wheels have been used on the track a few times.
Im not sure what make the wheels are as there are no markings on them. The do have "Subaru" centre caps so they may well be an OE part. I was told they were lightweight when i got them, and even though they are lighter than the original 16" Subaru alloys, they arent as light as the likes of OZ wheels are for example. They also clear the 4 pot calipers.

The tyres are Maxsport RB5 F-2's and are semi-slick remoulds. They are in size 205/50 R16 with a speed rating of 86V (149mph). I think they are a medium/soft compound but im not 100% certain.
They are designed for dry, hard smooth surfaces and have the added bonus of being road legal as well. Ive tried these out once for the day and the grip is amazing!
The tyres all have decent tread left, although one is a bit more worn than the rest. Also, two of the tyres have splits in them. One is large as you can see in picture 7, and should not be used on the road in my honest opinion. The other in picture 8 is smaller but is still a bit iffy. Ideally they should be replaced, but they would probably manage a track day or two if need be.
These tyres are around £60 new i believe.

These wheels will also come complete with the Smart Tire in-car display unit in picture 9. Basically each wheel has a tiny sensor in it which monitors the temperature and pressure of each tyre. The sensors communicate wirelessly with the in-car display unit and allows you to monitor each tyre from inside the car. The dash display will also alert you if the temperature or pressure goes over or under certain parameters you can set. Ive checked all 4 wheels and they are all working, as is the dash display.
The dash display wiring has been rigged up to connect to the cigarette lighter, but you can easily hard wire it into any 12v supply in the car as well.
The sensors and dash-display are expensive kit alone so these are a bargain.

Many thanks
Youngy

Last edited by YoungY25; 09 October 2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09 October 2009, 03:13 PM
YoungY25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

£100 and someone can take these away! Use them, sell them on, do what you want with them. I need the space