Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Cheap UK turbo wagon, long mot, grumbly box

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2009, 10:34 PM
mike@tdsw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap UK turbo wagon, long mot, grumbly box

The jist of this is I bought this car last wednesday morning, last wednesday evening the gear box started making a knocking rumbly noise.
Thursday morning I got made redundant, not the best of weeks

I didnt use the car again until this afternoon as I have other transport and frankly I have other things on my mind atm.
Took it to a reccomended mechanic local to me (used to work a lot on his bosses rally prepped scoobys), who gave it a look over and confirmed its transmission making the noises not the engine.
He isnt exactly sure whats wrong but thinks it maybe a bearing pushed out or a fault similar. He has reccomended removing it and taking it for repair at a place called LA transmissions up the road from me.
Either way Im looking at around £250, either for a 2nd hand box fitted (judging by ebays prices today) or mine repaired.
With what's happened with work Im not really in a position to spend too much money on it and will probably only have to sell it once fixed anyway.

I paid £1200 for it see ebay ad
1995 SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO 4WD RED on eBay (end time 14-Oct-09 05:00:03 BST)
It has 11 months mot, tax till feb. Had a cambelt 5k ago and a recent oil change.
Car drives lovely and pulls very well, good strong boost curve. Its completely stock unmodded UK model so best for insurance and reliability.
The mechanic checking it over today said besides the gearbox fault it was a very good car and was impressed with how well it pulled for a stock motor. He reckoned its 145k mileage and quiet engine is testament to leaving things unmodded.

Bodywork is ok, shiney red in most places. Has a rust patch on one rear arch and a little laquer lift on one door but looks pretty tidy to the observer.

I would sell it for 1k ono.
My number is 07878 439738.
I live near Taunton and work near Bristol can meet near either.

If this breaks any rules I apologise, if mods lock it I understand but please before it gets locked bear in mind Im only trying to get myself out of a hole now Im jobless, not trying to scam anyone.

Last edited by mike@tdsw; 17 October 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 18 October 2009, 01:17 AM
mike@tdsw
Scooby Newbie

Still drives fine btw, will drive away.
Old 18 October 2009, 11:04 AM
mike@tdsw
Scooby Newbie

Got a wrx/sti box lined up for it (80k car) for £150. Just need to collect. If anyone wants to give me £900 for the car and then buy the box themselves Ill hook them up.