Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

WARNING DO NOT DEAL WITH M4RKG Mark Gibson

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2009, 10:13 AM
johnwiz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING DO NOT DEAL WITH M4RKG Mark Gibson

I don't wish to bore everyone with this but I do reserve the right to reply with the basic facts:

1)The turbo I received was NOT in working order,you virtually need mole grips to turn the shaft.

2)Marks comments on this, "oh yes the shaft is a little bit stiff". That shaft has to spin at 180, 000 rpm!

3)When you can buy a perfectly good 16g for £150 from a breaker,and a repair kit costs £100 plus I need to pay for labour this makes the turbo I received from Mark worthless.

3)He claimed to have had the turbo checked by a well known Subaru expert in the North East, this could be true to see if the basic housing was ok but there was no way I believe that expert said it was a "ready to bolt on turbo". I have the greatest respect for that expert.

4)Mark claims rthe turbo came from a working car, that is just plain Bull.

5)I received the turbo rattling around inside a box with NO PADDING, just a bit of carpet wrapped around it which wasn't even tied to the turbo.

6)His defence of a such a worthless part would be comical if the joke wasn't costing me £100.

7)Yes Mark I have a passion for 2 wheels as well as 4, if you looked at my posts you will see
I post in the Bikers section. That doesn't mean I bite the heads off chickens or that I am a Hells Angel!I mentioned the fact that I was coming to Newcastle as a way of resolving this issue, not as a threat.

8)If anyone wants to check my reputation out you can ask David at API, Zak at Mocom Racing or Knowlesey at Xtreme Scoobies or any of the old gang who used to frequent the original Scoobysport in Basildon. I have had an enduring 9 year passion for these cars, I am NOT some johnny-come lately who wouldn't know a turbo if it bit him.

9)I notice that when I told Mark I had mislaid his address his reception became a lot more frosty. Now I invite you Mark to be a man about this & send me back a cheque for £100 together with your address so I can return your turbo.You have my email.

John
Old 26 November 2009, 03:44 PM
harrisonl84
Scooby Regular

what a ****!!!!! i hate dishonest people on this site I got ripped off by THE 'MIGHTYK' he is another **** willing to sell a dumpvalve that is clearly ****ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 November 2009, 08:20 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Was it posted at only £100? Bloody hell mate alarm bells wouldve been ringing already.
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience but I guess this is one of those 'if it sounds too good to be true it probably is' stories
Old 28 November 2009, 09:46 PM
Tucker82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
Was it posted at only £100? Bloody hell mate alarm bells wouldve been ringing already.
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience but I guess this is one of those 'if it sounds too good to be true it probably is' stories
Not at all mate. I bought a 16g from a member on here for £80 posted as mine was knackered. Arrived as promised, bolted on with a good clean and was 100 times better, so £100 posted isn't "too good to be true"