Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

****BEWARE****

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2009, 09:58 PM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****BEWARE****

I JUST BEEN TOLD BY MANY MEMBERS ON HERE THAT PEOPLE ARE SELLING ITEMS AND WANTING PAYMENT BY PAYPAL AS GIFTS BEWARNED U R ** NOT COVERED** I MEAN NOT COVERED BY PAYPAL I THOUGHT I SAY MY PIECE INSTEAD OF PEOPLE GETTING RIPPED OFF ON HERE MANY APPOLGIES TO MEMBERS ON HERE ARE 100% POSITVE
Old 09 December 2009, 10:02 PM
THE MAN THAT CAN
Scooby Regular

Default not all are con artists

just wanted to say all i sold on here was paypal well most some was paid by check and i had all paypal transactions sent as a gift to save losin out on paypal fees. I SENT ALL ITEMS OFF AND NEVER EVER RIPD OFF NO ONE!!! then again i guess not all are genuine like meself on here or any other website!!
Old 09 December 2009, 10:05 PM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

HI MATE 4 PPL ON HERE ARE FRIENDS AND THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF SENT PAYMENT AS GIFTS AND NO ITEMS TURNED UP IM GLAD THAT UR GENIUNE AS MANY PEOPLE ARE NOT
Old 09 December 2009, 10:11 PM
THE MAN THAT CAN
Scooby Regular

Default tell me about it!!!

i know this well i sold and broke a whole classic on here minus a few bits i have left. ive NEVER ever ripd no1 off on here oe ebay or anyplace i ever sold stuff before the_man_of_the_moment MY EBAY ID im 100% genuine SO SORRY TO HEAR people been abusing the SEND AS A GIFT thing. as per normal small majority fuc* it up for the rest!!! WHATS NEW
Old 09 December 2009, 10:32 PM
scuuby
Scooby Regular

i dont think it really matters if you send it by 'gift' or 'funds'. i recently brought something off another forum for Ģ120 with paypal,never received anything. opened a dispute and and when it closed all i got back was Ģ1.20!!!! so your not really safe either way
Old 09 December 2009, 10:51 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

i always say send as gift or pay the fees i have had good expereinces of buying and selling on here and so have many others
the pr1cks who come on here and rip people off **** the trust up for the genuine sellers , i hope that we don't hear any more sad stories of being ripped off as we now have the SN Police
Old 09 December 2009, 10:55 PM
123maull
Scooby Regular

Paypal only cover you for eBay as I just found out I brought something from what I thought was ugg and they were counter fit and the only was to pay was paypal so when they arrived and they were not a advatised I complaned to paypal and they said out side of eBay and your not Covered

Trending Topics

Old 09 December 2009, 11:06 PM
ScatRat
Scooby Regular

I know the feeling, i been waiting for a meer Ģ30 for the last 4 half months,
Absouloutly gutted, esc
Old 09 December 2009, 11:34 PM
brockalightus
Scooby Regular

e-bay wont cover your fees either if you get ripped off even when using paypal.......happened to me last month and i would like to ring his scrawny neck......
Old 09 December 2009, 11:50 PM
a51
Scooby Regular

There are a few ways to find out if your getting scamed.

* Firstly never buy without seeing a picture, and don't accept a picture saying this is what it look like.
* Secondly Always ask if you can collect beforehand, if the seller starts to act coy and the excuses start flying then its kind off a warning sign.
* Always ask for a contact number and speak to the seller before hand, ask a few basic questions about the item. You'll be able to tell if they are telling porkies or not
* Never get rushed into sending the money over! If its a bargain that seems to good to be true then you guessed it... it probably is
* Have a quick glance and the sellers previous posts and see how long they have been a member for.

Old 10 December 2009, 12:18 AM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^^^^^^ above hes right
Old 10 December 2009, 08:07 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Always look at how many posts, and how long they been a member, If a seller out to make a few quid by ripping buyers off, he/she not going to wait 4 years and make over 1000 posts. Also if they are a paid member helps aswell with all that Id be happy to send money by paypal, !!!!!

Anyone with out the above, id rather drive and meet them in person, even if its a couple of hours drive away!!!!!
Old 10 December 2009, 10:31 AM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

I got ripped off on ebay before for an intercooler i never recieved which cost me Ģ300 and because the seller had no funds i never got a penny.

I would also say that i would not buy off someone that didnt have a lot of posts other than through a bank transfer and knowing their home phone number and address and checking it out.

I buy and sell things via a paypal gift or payment owed to avoid paypal charges but only if i know someone.

Not gonna be burned again.

Its terrible when you cant trust someone these days, even on here.
Old 10 December 2009, 11:46 AM
duncatr
Scooby Regular

I lost Ģ160 which I paid for a turbo on here about 2 years ago. Payed with paypal (as goods) and added the fee's. No turbo and was told it was "lost in post". Entered payal dispute. Got nowt.

I've sold a fair amount of bits on here and have asked to be paid as gift therefor no fee's for me, and have always sent the item, no scam etc. So it is always going to be a case of doing your homework. But I must say the trader rating thing can only help.
Old 10 December 2009, 04:50 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always pay for gd by using the gifts on paypal and NEVER BEEN RIPPED OFF!!! i dont have a massive post count but im as honest as can be,i always give my contact numbers and always recieve others, the trader score is a gd thing but not everyone leaves positive feed back ,so all the conmen **** OFF and stop messing a gd site up
Old 10 December 2009, 04:55 PM
THE MAN THAT CAN
Scooby Regular

i agree i have like only 1 trader score DONT mean im a rip off or bad seller just no1 sadly left me any ratings tho i had pm's and emails saying thanks. ALSO i have driven to meet people on here to sell them the items in person like me personal numberplate i sold and my gearbox and diff. I WAS LEFT no trader ratings tho all was very happy with the items they bought of me.
Old 10 December 2009, 04:57 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

cheers for the heads up
Old 10 December 2009, 05:08 PM
gus sti8
Scooby Regular

i always ask for pay pal as a gift but as a personal freind of stufrom ib they can check me out ith him by all means
Old 10 December 2009, 05:25 PM
deano27
Scooby Regular

IAM NEW TO THIS FORUM, BUT DOES THAT MAKE ME A SCAMMER????????

APPARENTLY HAHA

I WOULD PREFER CASH ON COLLECTION, OR WOULD MEET IN PERSON HALF WAY( THAT WAY THERE CAN BE NO CONFUSION)

Old 10 December 2009, 05:36 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

^^^

Well are you honestly telling me that you would send your hard earned money over to somebody that has been part of the forum for 2 days and only has like 3 posts and already starting to sell high value items.. you came on this forum and your first two posts were you trying to sell classic bits and some other bits.. i dont no what anyone else thinks but to me that just screams scam!
Old 10 December 2009, 05:37 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Sorry if you are genuine but we're just trying to look out for the fellow forum members as a lot of scamming is going on these days!

I would recommend doing cash on collection on your items your selling.
Old 10 December 2009, 05:45 PM
deano27
Scooby Regular

so ur telling me i have to buy thing off people on here before i can list my own stuff......

i know ur just looking out for others and urself, but really matey ur barking up the wrong tree, and u will see!!!!!!!!

i have a post on the wanted section also for a fmic, and i have pics on off my car, if i was a scammer do u think i would be doing that . NO!!

Last edited by deano27; 10 December 2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10 December 2009, 06:17 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by THE MAN THAT CAN
i agree i have like only 1 trader score DONT mean im a rip off or bad seller just no1 sadly left me any ratings tho i had pm's and emails saying thanks. ALSO i have driven to meet people on here to sell them the items in person like me personal numberplate i sold and my gearbox and diff. I WAS LEFT no trader ratings tho all was very happy with the items they bought of me.
your avatar wont do you any favours when selling will it genius.
Old 10 December 2009, 09:59 PM
THE MAN THAT CAN
Scooby Regular

all can reply on here who bought anything off me ok mr PRODRIVE hahahahaha avatars are a bit of fun nothing more ok. i aint never ever ripd no1 off!!! this thread like sum on here has turned out to be a JOKE lol really knew this thread would get entertaining lol.

NOW ANYONE GOT ANY PROBLEMS WITH ME. IL SEND TERRY ROUND!!!

Last edited by THE MAN THAT CAN; 10 December 2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10 December 2009, 10:03 PM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

hi mate if ur genuine dont worry ut in future u buy anything off here and u get ripped off dont get crying to us as we told u so whats going on in the forum
Old 11 December 2009, 12:24 AM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Always look at how many posts, and how long they been a member, If a seller out to make a few quid by ripping buyers off, he/she not going to wait 4 years and make over 1000 posts. Also if they are a paid member helps aswell with all that Id be happy to send money by paypal, !!!!!

Anyone with out the above, id rather drive and meet them in person, even if its a couple of hours drive away!!!!!
Yeah scoobyboy1 is right, allways check the amount of posts and how long they have been a member, as someone with 1000's or 100's of posts arn't really going to have spent all that time building there membership and forum name just to rinse people out of a few quid!

I for one always post up on someones thread when i think there somthing dodgy about them.. just to warn other members!
Old 11 December 2009, 11:22 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Paying someone by gift just means YOU pay the fee's. So if they just want to avoid paying fee's on money they receive, just pay 4.5% more. That way their fee's are covered, and you have a BIT more cover from paypal.
Old 11 December 2009, 11:34 AM
T.K
Scooby Regular

One of the frauds is user Martin! and JD Motorsports, they take the money and donīt send the stuff. So donīt buy anything from them. Also for warning.