Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

every seller's worst nightmare!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 08:50 PM
rs_cos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default every seller's worst nightmare!!

a group of 5 guys just turnt up to look at my impreza, had a look around the car. then wanted to test drive the car, so all was good until this point. then he got in the car with one of his mates, aswell as me and my mate. put it in first hit the limiter and let the clutch up. bang the fu@3kin gearbox. what the f@!k is with that?

im well pissed got to get another gearbox and now im getting threats down the phone.

look out if people turn up in a Audi A3 in light blue. apparently for birmingham. P190 !@£

hope this helps anyone that encounters them.
Old 30 December 2009, 08:53 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

wtf, you let them drive your car with out insurance or id?

i would have got an iron bar out if they did that to me
Old 30 December 2009, 08:53 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

sorry to here that mate
Old 30 December 2009, 09:11 PM
53pzp
Scooby Regular

wtf m8 feel for you there but the only way someone else drives my car is when cash has changed hands hope you sort your car out soon
Old 30 December 2009, 09:47 PM
ronin_hungary
Scooby Regular

That's why I do not let anybody to drive my car/bike anything.

I would have had them pay for the damages somehow or put down a deposit.
Ignorant people do not know how to handle a car, why not ask? or why drive without "Instruction Manual". Grrr....

It's like test driving a Mini Cooper at 100 Miles/hour towards a concrete wall and after hitting it (and surviving) they would claim that the car is a piece of **** not being able to withstand the crash in one piece.

I am sorry about what happened to you. Honestly!
...and really hope you can seek some sort of justice somehow.

Cheers,

R.
Old 30 December 2009, 09:48 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scooby Doo? The kawasaki? i thought it was the car?
Old 30 December 2009, 09:50 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

RS-you have pm
Old 30 December 2009, 09:54 PM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

lol sti baly no ive got a crosser 4sale
Old 30 December 2009, 10:01 PM
adzer
Scooby Regular

gutted, when i was selling my saxo i had a car load of guys from pakistan, they jumped in and reversed 2 feet into a big kerb and mangled the back bumper, i pulled him out th car by the scruff of the neck as his 4 mates looked on in shock. he then wen on to offer me half the asking price!!!

needless to say i locked the car and walked away without even saying a word to them.

hope you get it sorted mate
Old 30 December 2009, 10:25 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

one of my mates had a bit of problem the other month 4 of them turned up to see his car they asked if was ok to start up yea no prob hes says stright away from turning the key he is rev limiting it just crazy some people havent got a clue,but again gutted for you mate
Old 30 December 2009, 10:40 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

If 4 guys turned up to look at my car I would not even deal with them. Had a couple of run in's with asian lads trying it on. I won't sell a car to one, it's too much hassle - very sad really.
Old 30 December 2009, 10:52 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Hold on, let me get this right..... They turn up to YOUR car, Launch it from Cold and Break it and it YOUR fault and YOU are getting threats ?

Are they mental deranged, how could that be anybodys fault other than their own?

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you mate, there are so many ******* about that just don't have a clue.... No, they have no respect for other peoples things and for what these cars are.

Next time they phone just invite them back and be waiting with some mates, I would have battered the money out of him to pay for the new gearbox
Old 30 December 2009, 10:58 PM
rs_cos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stealth
Hold on, let me get this right..... They turn up to YOUR car, Launch it from Cold and Break it and it YOUR fault and YOU are getting threats ?

Are they mental deranged, how could that be anybodys fault other than their own?

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you mate, there are so many ******* about that just don't have a clue.... No, they have no respect for other peoples things and for what these cars are.

Next time they phone just invite them back and be waiting with some mates, I would have battered the money out of him to pay for the new gearbox
well the way it went is like so, they turn up look around the car, ask to hear it running, my mate stands by the drivers door with it open. then one of them push my mate and get in the car i jump in through the passenger side to stop him. but he already had it in first and launched it on the limiter. something along the line of gearbox give way and they do the off.

sorry for the confusion in the first part.

charlie.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:07 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rs_cos
well the way it went is like so, they turn up look around the car, ask to hear it running, my mate stands by the drivers door with it open. then one of them push my mate and get in the car i jump in through the passenger side to stop him. but he already had it in first and launched it on the limiter. something along the line of gearbox give way and they do the off.

sorry for the confusion in the first part.

charlie.
sounds like attempted theft to me! get on the police and report them asap.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:14 PM
rs_cos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
sounds like attempted theft to me! get on the police and report them asap.
already done that.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:15 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

if an attempted theft surely they are not so stupid to clarify the location they have come from?
Old 30 December 2009, 11:15 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

^ agree with the above, at this point were the other people sat in their car by any chance?

ok i mean the post above the above, they could have lied about where they were from?

Last edited by Ozzy_B; 30 December 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:33 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

already done that.
What did the Cops have to say about it mate?
Old 30 December 2009, 11:47 PM
rs_cos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
What did the Cops have to say about it mate?
**** all really just that they will look into it, and it most likely wouldnt get anywhere.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:57 PM
GT Scooby blue
Scooby Regular

a group of 5 guys just turnt up to look at my impreza, had a look around the car. then wanted to test drive the car, so all was good until this point. then he got in the car with one of his mates, aswell as me and my mate. put it in first hit the limiter and let the clutch up..
SORRY if this sounds harsh............
First mistake was letting him and his mate in the car,
Second mistake was letting him hit the limiter....when he hit the limiter you should have hit him, full whack up the jaw and told him to get the fuck out of your car.

Let things settle......then.....

Ring them and explain that you really need to sell the car, that you are in serious financial trouble at the minute and that you will take "bad money" for the car. When they turn up again (and they will because they are vultures) have some mates ready to knock the fuck clean out of them and one way or another recoup your bust gearbox expense, should it be by financial recompense or just shear wanton GBH.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:08 AM
kennyb-specD
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GT Scooby blue
SORRY if this sounds harsh............
First mistake was letting him and his mate in the car,
Second mistake was letting him hit the limiter....when he hit the limiter you should have hit him, full whack up the jaw and told him to get the fuck out of your car.

Let things settle......then.....

Ring them and explain that you really need to sell the car, that you are in serious financial trouble at the minute and that you will take "bad money" for the car. When they turn up again (and they will because they are vultures) have some mates ready to knock the fuck clean out of them and one way or another recoup your bust gearbox expense, should it be by financial recompense or just shear wanton GBH.
**** wouldnt want to wind you up the wrong way lol
Old 31 December 2009, 12:27 AM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GT Scooby blue
have some mates ready to knock the fuck clean out of them and one way or another recoup your bust gearbox expense, should it be by financial recompense or just shear wanton GBH.
It's no more than these ******* deserve !!! Smash them about the place until you have your money back!!
Old 31 December 2009, 12:47 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stealth
It's no more than these ******* deserve !!! Smash them about the place until you have your money back!!
I would love to do the same......but remember they know where you live and you don't know where they do.....

What are your plans now RS???
Old 31 December 2009, 12:55 AM
need4speeduk
Scooby Regular

All well and good saying all this "beat the **** out of them" stuff, and I'm sure in an ideal world this be fair justice. We do however live in the real world and we all know if you did this, chances are, you would end up inside and they would get compensation of some sort. The justice system in this country just isnt set up to protect the innocent or reward the righteous.

As for hitting them with iron bars when the gearbox went, 5 onto 2 is not great odds in most cases. I think you'll have to put this one down to an exspensive lesson mate. Next time someone wants to see how the car drives, have a mate with you in the car, let the buyer only sit in the car, and you drive it. If they want it, they want it, if they dont, they dont.

As you said, the police are obviously not gonna do jack all about it, as usual, and as much as I'm sure you'd like to reek some revenge, realistically, no matter what the outcome, you'll probably end up drawing the short straw. Of course they deserve a good slap but what goes around comes around so they'll get theres soon enough.

Was a good idea to post it on here and warn others about it. It will probably save someone else a few quid in damage that would have been caused to their car.

Sorry you've had to suffer this BS. Its not right and its not fair, but life is a learning curve and some lessons cost more than others. Get the box replaced, sell the car, chin up, and look forward to 2010.

Happy new year all

Last edited by need4speeduk; 31 December 2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:58 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Had a similar run in with a group of 'lads' like this a couple of years back, Luckily had my mate with me and we got the vibe early on they were going to try and nick the car. They got the message pretty fast we weren't going to be an easy target, they buggered off after a couple of minutes of their 'tough guy' routine.

If I don't like the sound of someone on the phone I'll meet them (with a mate) away from my home, this is what happened in this case.
Old 31 December 2009, 01:00 AM
4wheel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
I would love to do the same......but remember they know where you live and you don't know where they do.....

What are your plans now RS???
thats a very valid point
Old 31 December 2009, 01:18 AM
Mattybr5@MB Developments
Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

i guess your the guy who called about the gearbox im still shocked about this i do alot ov buying and selling and seemed to be lucky with the people i deal with..

there no point offering them back down as we all know it be you who end up getting locked up and not the real scums id take it as a very harsh lesson in selling mate as bad as it sounds

hope you get it all sorted bud and you sell the car to some decent folks when all is done bud
Old 31 December 2009, 08:47 AM
ronin_hungary
Scooby Regular

It is interesting that legal systems are pretty similar around the World.
Lived in the USA for a while, all cheaters, thiefs, criminals are more protected then any normal soul.
Lived in the UK for a little while, was too young to notice, however, after reading "need4speeduk" and some other reviews it seems it is the same.
Hungary, would not even want to get started how badly the criminals are protected, but here on the expense of the innocent! Basically, I pay for the criminals' lifestyle. That's BS.

A selling will be a "Hitman" action movie from now on? Look around, and your surroundings, prepare backup plan etc.?
The problem is that most Foreigners are also judged by such ******* actions and hard to convince people otherwise.

Anyways, just all pissed.

Cheers,

R.
Old 31 December 2009, 05:15 PM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Default test drives

Best thing to do if someones coming to view/test drive your car and they turn up outnumbering you is to check what they drive to judge whether you think they are serious about buying or not - assuming they turn up in a decent motor insist that they leave the keys of their car with a friend of yours or even a neighbour - explain that your holding their keys against their safe conduct on your car!

It's always difficult to ask for a large deposit just to test drive a car and most people will not want to turn up at a strangers house with a wadge of cash.

Also get proof of who they are - driving license and credit card etc - note down their driving license details.

Proof of insurance for them to drvie your car is a must as well these days - shows that they are serious buyers as well.

A lot of pratting around but might save problems later on.
Old 31 December 2009, 06:46 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

kin hell i wud of questioned the amount of them fron the start.

gutted for you.

Quick Reply: every seller's worst nightmare!!