Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Modified Legacy GTB BG5 White Low Miles, Mint Condition,Fast in Show Room Condition

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2010, 11:41 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified Legacy GTB BG5 White Low Miles, Mint Condition,Fast in Show Room Condition

I have just copied my ebay advert, you can view the advert here also : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330394285821

The time has come regrettably to let go of my beloved and much loved Import Subaru Legacy GTB(E-BG5) Twin Turbo Top of the range, import 1996 model, which I only use on weekends, the car is indeed very rare in a fantastic and best colour and has only been imported over a year and its in perfect and immaculate condition with low mileage, thats only 47000 miles . It has not seen UK roads much as its parked in my garage most of the time. I'm the first owner in the U.K.

Imported from Japan: March 2008 by TBN international TBM International | Japanese Car Imports in Southend, Essex: Home
HPI clear on the 23/3/08 when i aquired
Cambelt was done back in Japan with sticker on engine cover confirming it about 2000 miles ago
MOT : valid until October 2010
Tax till March 2010

Here is the full spec of the car with some decent modifications:

1997 Subaru Legacy GTB
2.0 LTR, Boxer 4, Twin (2 stage) turbo
The speedo has been converted to miles reading 47000 miles, thats very low
All belts inc cam belt replaced
Recent Oil + filter, air filter and fuel filter changed
Standard Subaru Alarm, Central Locking
Standard high quality Legacy Floor Mats
Rear Dog Guard (Never had dog in the car)
Front Blue/HID look Bulbs
Front Fog Lights
Rear limited adition Spoiler
Roof Bars
Side skirt Mud Guards, Rare on this model
Powerflow TRUST stainless Exhaust with 6x4"rear pipe, Sounds amazing
Bilstein suspension, LOWERED Springs for better handling, soft ride though
HKS Turbo Timer
Iridium Plugs
Rear Tinted Windows, Very Dark and looks very nice
Wind Deflectors on both sides, Very rare option on this car
Electric windows
Electric + Heated foldable side mirrors
Wipers Defroster
Rear Number Plate HID Bulbs
Momo steering wheel with airbag
Standard 17 inch alloy wheels in perfect condition
4 Brand New Winter Tyres
HKS Turbo Timer,
this is a very safe way to keep the turbo live longer, this will cool the turbo and its a very smart piece of kit, you can take the keys out , lock the doors and the engine is still runing till the timer has finished counting the moment it reaches 00:00 the engine goes off

Vehicle Summary

As always, I have regularly serviced the car,You are viewing a lovely unabused Top of the range 1996 Reg Subaru Legacy GTB Twin Turbo in Feather White with cloth interior, Air conditioning, 16" alloys, remote fob, some decent modifications on safe boost 285 BHP. I am the 1st owner in UK.

Exterior Condition
When describing the exterior / interior of a vehicle I look at the general condition, my criteria is based on what I would like to know if I was buying a car remotely without seeing it. For example, significant rust & dents ( not everyday pin-dents unless it's peppered ), vandal scratches & faded bodywork, broken trim, neglect, evidence of poor paintwork, repairs, excessive wear - everything you need to know. Please expect normal everyday wear and tear for the cars age and mileage.
You can see from the pictures the exterior still looks highly presentable, as I have previously stated this is a totally unabused example. All the paintwork is completely original and in superb condition. it is a nice clean car, The alloys are in very good condition, all four tyres are brand new. Overall, it's a completely genuine rare and honest JDM example, I have looked underneath the car and the exhaust is still in a superb condition, There is no corrosion around the car at all.
Interior Condition
Having viewed the interior pictures you can seae it is also in a totally unabused condition, it is only showing nominal wear for it's age, there is a small rip on the driver side in the right corner, not noticeable . All the electric controls and everything work perfectly, I cannot fault the interior in any way at all, it is in show room condition for its age, You can see the interior is unabused, just have a look at the photos !!

Test Drive
It drives exceptionally well and still feels completely tight, it pulls as strongly as the day it left the factory and still feels new!! I always let the engine warm up and also let the engine cool down before turning it off Thanks to the HKS Turbo Timer. Trust me, as soon as you start to drive it you feel immediately that it is an honest and completely sound car. The engine is superb, it's quiet with no nocks or rattles. I cannot fault the driving experience in any way at all. The brakes, engine, suspension, gears and electrics are all in perfect working order, I do not hide faults, I actively look for faults and future potential expenses so you know exactly what to expect and what you are buying. Without hesitation, I would happily jump in this car and drive it anywhere in the UK with my family might I add, it really is that good !! As always, I 100% guarantee you will not be disappointed with the way it drives and looks !! If you have a question which is not covered in the listing or you wish to view the car hesitate to call me prior to bidding, my number is 07540305584. Thank you.
Bidding Terms & Conditions & Winning Bidder Instructions
Thank you for purchasing the car, all I ask is for you to respect and follow these 3 simple instructions:
1.... Please pay £250 deposit within 24hrs via paypal or directly into my Lloyds bank account
2....Please send me a courtesy email on the evening of the auction with your name and number confirming your purchase, let me know how you wish to pay the deposit,
3....Your appointment to collect can only be agreed after the deposit has been paid

Asking Price : £2950 ono

Now for the serious stuff
. No time wasters! No tire kickers!! Genuine enquiries and viewing only!! No fully comp insurance certificate, then you cant drive the car. If you are under the age of 25 then the chances are that your fully comp insurance does not cover you to drive another car!
I will not let anyone take the car out without me! Stupid as I sounds people think that they cant do that.
And i say it again the subaru is fantastic and fault free.
The car is advertised in the local papers and autotrader so i have got the right to remove the add and end the auction at any time!!
I might accept your offer to end the auction early

Thank you for looking and best of luck with the auction !! Sam.

here are some pics

Last edited by esi; 11 January 2010 at 11:43 PM.