Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Ported headers and matched uppipe.

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2010, 09:42 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ported headers and matched uppipe.

Ported headers and specially designed, matched uppipe. Exchange. £369.
GT Spec 2 tubular headers £385.
Special uppipe for use with the tubular headers £149.
Old 26 January 2010, 10:40 AM
whataz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi harvey

was it the gt spec headers you had with the rotated kit? my tomei ones don't match. (yes still not done!!)

cheers
Old 27 January 2010, 07:16 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I am not sure what rotated kit you are referring to. On the 95 WRX rather than run the air inlet under the inlet manifold I tilted the turbo backwards so it was possible to put a silicon bend on the front entry of the turbo so the air filter was pointing towards the driver's side inner wing. This meant I had to make a modified uppipe and downpipe to locate the turbo in the OE position but tilted back at an angle of about 25 degrees. This allowed clearance for a silicon bend from the front cover entry past the back of the inlet manifold at number 3 inlet manifold branch.
Tell me more about what you are asking and I will happily provide the information.
Old 27 January 2010, 01:51 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

i have a set of standard headers off a uk classic turbo in my garage, how much to have them ported, heat wrapped and supplied with a matching heat wrapped up pipe??
Old 27 January 2010, 04:51 PM
whataz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
I am not sure what rotated kit you are referring to. On the 95 WRX rather than run the air inlet under the inlet manifold I tilted the turbo backwards so it was possible to put a silicon bend on the front entry of the turbo so the air filter was pointing towards the driver's side inner wing. This meant I had to make a modified uppipe and downpipe to locate the turbo in the OE position but tilted back at an angle of about 25 degrees. This allowed clearance for a silicon bend from the front cover entry past the back of the inlet manifold at number 3 inlet manifold branch.
Tell me more about what you are asking and I will happily provide the information.
cheers for getting back to me. its the turbo & pipes i have bought off you. my header pipes dont fit as i need headers with a 3 bolt connection to the up-pipe. i wondered what headers it was you used? what you would reccommend? i am looking at another set of tomei ones at present but will be buying from japan. wanted to know your thoughts on choice for the setup.

cheers
Old 27 January 2010, 06:58 PM
w88chy
Scooby Regular

What gains are seen with the headers/uppipe on a 02 STi?

Would it need a further remap?
Old 27 January 2010, 11:36 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

OE ported headers, DEI heat wrapped with matched uppipe, £369. Overnight delivery £12.50.

Whataz : Sorry but I don't recognise this name so I don't know what turbo and uppipe you refer to. I have two bolt uppipes and 3 bolt uppipes and the 3 bolt uppipes are to go with the GT Spec 2 type headers. If I sold you a turbo and uppipe then it would be to go with a specific header setup.
i am looking at another set of tomei ones at present but will be buying from japan. wanted to know your thoughts on choice for the setup.
What I know for sure is there is no need to buy any header sets from Japan because I will already have the right headers to go with whatever uppipe you have but like I said I don't know who Whataz is. Either email me harveysmith1@btopenworld.com or ring me Thursday during the day. 07860 302020.

I cannot be specific as to the gains you will see as it will vary from car to car with different specs, turbos etc. What I can tell you is that I have never had a customer in all the years I have been doing these that has not been impressed with the gains once the headers and uppipe are fitted. Just do a search. The headers and uppipe can be fitted without a remap and you will notice a gain immediately but for best results to maximise the advantages of the ported headers and matched uppipe you should have a remap.