Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Legends of Highbury

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2010, 05:17 PM
bully07
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legends of Highbury - Arsenal Fans

LEGENDS OF HIGHBURY - By Gary Brandham Limted Edition No.380 of 2000 Signed By 23 Players/Managers

Thought I might try and sell this here, you never know and also no commission!! I have tried my local subaru forum but no takers!!

A little history about this, a farfetched story but it is the truth. My now wife brought me this with her parents for my 21st birthday (now 27) at the time she knew nothing about football but all about my lifelong love of Man Utd, she wanted something special for my birthday anyhow a few months earlier a shop we passed had this lovely signed print LEGENDS of OLD TRAFFORD (I loved it!!) behind my back my wife and her mum brought the signed print that was in the same position and because the colour, YES the COLOUR of the shirts were red (if you know a little about football United and Arsenals home kits are red).

Anyhow you could imagine my enjoyment when on my birthday, huge grin on face as I opened this massive framed package memories flooding back thinking I knew what it was, ripped the wrapping paper out the way to be confronted with Legends of Highbury, I then outburst that. My dad (Manchester born & bred United supporter) thought I was mucking around then to my dad, my wife , her mum and my mum’s amazement as I showed them, it was an understatement to say my wife and her mum was gutted. The shop had since closed down and we found another shop that done the United one but they was not willing to swap even with a little cash their way, something to do with United memorabilia being easier to sell.

Anyhow, sorry about the long story this has just been sat at my parent’s house all this time and I am hoping to shift it finally.

A rare opportunity for an arsenal fan to own a great collectors piece, this is a rare lovely print by the artist Gary Brandham who was commissioned to do this print due to his exceptional talent of painting fine detail. It is signed by 23 Arsenal players and managers, some of legend status including arguably their greatest and current manager Arsene Wenger. This is framed which adds a little more to the value but what I am asking I think is fair in today’s market but I have added two links to websites that sell it to show how much they are asking compared to what I want.

Legends of Highbury by Gary Brandham. - Cranston Fine Arts Aviation, Military and Naval Art

SportingPassion.co.uk

Due to the size and delicate nature of this posting is out of the question, so do not ask. Thanks for looking!!

£300

As I cannot seem to post pictures up on here please follow the link below to see pictures at my local subaru forum -

Legends of Highbury - Surrey Scoobies

Last edited by bully07; 13 February 2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Pictures, title
Old 08 February 2010, 05:18 PM
bully07
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 08 February 2010, 07:06 PM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

from a fellow man utd supporter just burn it
Old 08 February 2010, 08:31 PM
bully07
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big dave aka red devil 2
from a fellow man utd supporter just burn it
Wish I could!! The ball & chain would kill me though!!
Old 13 February 2010, 03:15 PM
bully07
Scooby Regular

Priced reduced!!

£300
Old 15 February 2010, 09:45 PM
bully07
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 16 February 2010, 11:04 PM