Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

My very special 54/05 WRX has to go...

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2010, 08:48 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My very special 54/05 WRX has to go...

The bargain of the year is back up for sale again..

For those of you that don't know I put the car up for sale last month, but after finding out our new car wouldn't be arriving until June I was forced to take it off the market within a few days, as we would have been without a car for 5 weeks or more!

Those of you who don't know and as mentioned in original ad, I never planned on selling this car, hence the money spent on getting it to it's current spec- lmao, however due to exceptional circumstances (totally unplanned 3rd child on the way..! lol) we have no choice but to sell my soul to fund a very much needed MPV- ffs.. !

----------------------------

Impreza WRX 54 MY05 revision WR Blue Mica, 54k, one owner from new. FSH inc folder full of recipes and history/provenance. Always warmed up and down correctly, never hit limiter and only twice seen 140mph on the clock- no v-max runs..! Never been on track. As the only daily driver nothing has been left to doubt with regards to maintenance and reliability etc. No parking dints, no car washes- only 2 bucket/mit washed, as a result immaculate paintwork. Despite the output it returns an average mpg of 22 and is capable of ~30mpg on an off boost run.

Carefully researched and well proven modifications, addressing all the standard cars weak links, with the spec comprising of:

Engine:
VF35 ported and polished turbo, with all supporting mods, STI tmic, scoop and undertray, 550cc 'pink' injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, well designed full 2.5" s/s exhaust system- fully decatted with Ninja BB, NGK PRF7 plugs, Green panel filter- thermally insulated OE/Samco intake, carbon fibre radiator shield. Uprated API oil pump. Bob Rawle Ecutek v-power/NF custom mapped, producing a safe 340bhp 330ft/lb.

Drivetrain:
API uprated Exedy organic clutch, with lightened fly (complimented by a Perrin crank pulley) fitted 07/2009 at a cost of £750

Handling:
AST adjustable coilovers (fully refurbed- inc updated rear springs, by Curtis AST/Powerstation 08/2009 at a cost of £600) Whiteline ALK, front ARB, rear ARB- adjustable, solid alloy drop links, basically the full T25 kit. STI Spec C 13:1 Quick rack, front STI/Spec C titanium strut brace, rear Cusco carbon fibre strut brace. Full lazer alignment done by Curtis 08/2009- fast road setup.
OZ Superleggera 8x18" alloys freshly professionally refurbed in anthracite, with 2yr guarantee. Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics >4mm tread remaining.
Rays lightweight black alloy wheel nuts.

Braking:
Genuine full AP 4pot/330mm front setup (£1700), uprated grooved rear disc's and PF pads- fitted 08/2009, Goodridge s/s hoses all round. Motul fluid.

Misc:
Full set of 52mm Defi's- professionally fitted, Knocklink, custom fitted to look unobtrusively OE.
Odyssey PC680 AGM lightweight battery.
De-tangoed all round, Xenon front upgrade- mot friendly. STi style black (centre hump) bucket seats- not usual wide **** flat USA spec seats found in WRX's..lol

Servicing:
Cam belt changed 03/2009 (API) plugs every 12k, oil & filter (motul 300v 10w40 fully synth) every 5k/6mths and just been done. This has been the basic schedule from new- albeit the first 6k of the cars life when it was run in on good mineral oil. Re-undersealed last summer.
As you can see these mods have effectively made a good car a great car, addressing the standard car's weak area's and certainly not at the expense of reliability. It's setup to make the most of it's lighter weight and be very responsive, pulling from low revs all the way through the rev range. The car still runs it's OE low rear spoiler and often gets mistaken for just a WRX and that suits me fine, as this car will outpace many bigger cars and most other Impreza's short of 400bhp, largely due to the responsiveness, but also because it's 100kgs+ lighter than the equivalent MY STI.

Only done two dyno runs in it's life, as I'm not keen on them, both of which are included in the huge folder of history/documentation. Along with EVERY single receipt spent on this car, including over £2k spent on maintenance in the last 12mths alone- cam belt/clutch/ast refurb/rear brakes etc..!

Many long standing and respected members of scoobynet can vouch for this car, including many top tuners. I'm also very happy for any scrutiny of this car, as I have nothing to hide, just need the money asap.

The money I've spent on this car has never been an issue (as previously said, I honestly never planned on selling it) so someone is going to get something quite special for less than the going rate of a standard car..!

Please, no time wasters and make sure you have the funds in place before showing any interest, thanks..

Oh, and hurry, I can't stop myself spending money (wheel refurb £200+ ffs) on it..!

All for a very silly £7200ovno

PM's or mobile 0778 6142728 (before 10pm please)

Money spent in last 6mths alone...

...and every penny spent on the car during it's life..!

Old 09 May 2010, 09:00 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice indeed great spec for sure.
Old 09 May 2010, 09:10 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Aye, it is and I'm genuinely sad it has to go..

Thx..
Old 09 May 2010, 09:10 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

stunning car mate, very tempting i have to admit
Old 09 May 2010, 09:18 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

I was in the same boat. went to halfords, spent the whole morning there trying different car seats untill I found 3 that fittted in a row. I did it, bit of a squeeze but we all fit in. Keep it. !
Old 09 May 2010, 09:36 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Wow, that thing must handle as if its on rails... to me, thats close as hell to a dream handling spec.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 10 May 2010, 09:22 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, you're not making it any easier for me to sell this you know..
Old 10 May 2010, 09:38 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Excellent spec car, bargian at that price, very tempted at that price , good luck
Old 10 May 2010, 07:07 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Cool

SOLD..

Absolutely gutted tbh, but it's gone and the pain will eventually ease I hope..

I'll still be popping in on here, no doubt asking about the best way to get the vomit stains out of my mpv's seat's, lol..
Old 10 May 2010, 09:27 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no wonder that didnt take long to go,