Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Kestrel DAS-6

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2010, 10:27 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kestrel DAS-6

Seen this on ebay.
Now finished.

Last edited by mad555; 10 June 2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10 June 2010, 10:47 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

was it the one for £79.99 mate? i was watching that too.
Old 10 June 2010, 10:55 PM
dazzlers82
Scooby Regular

there only that at i4 detailing ???
Old 10 June 2010, 11:07 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

on a different note can anyone advise of any other DA polishers worth getting around the same price as a kestrel?

I'm looking to buy pretty soon and the Kestrel seems the best all rounder and good value too.
Old 11 June 2010, 09:52 PM
dazzlers82
Scooby Regular

other than the meguiars g220 mate the kestrel is the next best thing.
Old 12 June 2010, 09:11 AM
danwrx02
Scooby Regular

I have a kestral das6 it was the first time ive used a machine polisher and i found it very easy to use gives a superb finish when used with a good compound, ive used it with meguiars pads and after finishing my scoob i found that the pads had almost split in half due to the high speed, was told by meguiars that to only run the machine at just above half speed in order to save the pads.
If you want to have complete swirl removal i would advise to go for a rotorary as the kestral just doesn't have the power. Even after 3 passes and two different types of compound it still has some visable swirls on close up inspection.
Old 12 June 2010, 09:50 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by danwrx02
I have a kestral das6 it was the first time ive used a machine polisher and i found it very easy to use gives a superb finish when used with a good compound, ive used it with meguiars pads and after finishing my scoob i found that the pads had almost split in half due to the high speed, was told by meguiars that to only run the machine at just above half speed in order to save the pads.
If you want to have complete swirl removal i would advise to go for a rotorary as the kestral just doesn't have the power. Even after 3 passes and two different types of compound it still has some visable swirls on close up inspection.
What compounds have you used as after 3 passes your either not using the right product or your putting the swirls back yourself lol
I agree a rotary has more umph but to the average Joe it will only ever need a heavy attack once and then you can keep on top of it,
I dont use the Mag pads but have heard good things about them so I can only assume you have abused them,
I always suggest getting a SSR sample kit for the first time user as it has some heavier polishes that will shift most swirls/marks but is still newbie safe,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Poorboys-World...item19bc08caf2
The Kestral is a cracking bit of kit for any enthusiast imo

Trending Topics

Old 14 June 2010, 11:31 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx02

Yeah its going to be the first machine polish i've ever used so need something user friendly.

What pads are recommended then guys?