Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Ported Headers by Harvey

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2010, 10:03 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Headers, Now SOLD !!!!!

SOLDThese are my ported headers removed from my Subaru Impreza last week, they are in very good condition and enabled my car to make good power very easily..
£150 + P&P SOLD

Can be posted or your welcome to call and collect, I’m in Basingstoke Hampshire

Last edited by naughtyhunnybunny; 02 November 2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Now sold
Old 30 October 2010, 11:23 AM
jammymichael
Scooby Newbie

PM sent
Old 30 October 2010, 11:41 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Replied to... SOLD pending payment...
Old 30 October 2010, 08:14 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but that does not look like my workmanship.
Old 30 October 2010, 08:18 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

uh-oh.............
Old 30 October 2010, 08:45 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Uh oh indeed, I'm going on what I was told when I bought them
Old 30 October 2010, 08:50 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
I had this with an H and S downpipe. I bought it, never fitted it and sold kit on here I think. I was told it was H and S, it looked just like library pics of H and S, then I was reliably informed it was not. It makes you look bad, even though you are acting totally innocently.

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2010, 08:51 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
Who did you buy them off.....
Old 30 October 2010, 08:59 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Exactly mate although I've never had any issues with them and they are spot on, still makes you feel a tad daft..
I'm sure bought them on here some 3 years or there abouts ago from a fellow member I have no idea who it was though, too long ago..
Old 30 October 2010, 10:20 PM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Sorry but that does not look like my workmanship.
what do you do different
Old 31 October 2010, 11:17 AM
duncatr
Scooby Regular

The quality of the porting will be the difference, but Harvey will know that he didn't do those as he removes all the old mounting points for the heat shields - you can see in that pic that the mounting points have not been removed - this also apears to have had an effect on the heat wrapping.
Old 31 October 2010, 02:43 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

sounds like an awkward situation but i have to say i bought a set from harvey and all the points were gone must have ground them all off before the heat wrapping.
Old 31 October 2010, 03:12 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

That does not look like my workmanship for a number of reasons, some of which are referred to above and I have come across several instances of people selling headers claiming they originated from me. One was a standard set of headers without any porting whatsoever.
I think this is despicable and a con perpetrated by one Subaru owner on fellow Subaru owners, something I will have nothing to do with and take appropriate action where necessary. If anyone is buying secondhand ported headers originating from me I can verify that quite easily with some photographs and the name of the original purchaser.

I would like to know from Naughtyhunnybunny where they originated from.
Old 31 October 2010, 03:26 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Okie dokie point taken but like I said last night, I was only going on what I was told when I got them, they were originally on a Type RA which was currently 370bhp for road use so certainly ported..
I appreciate what your saying though and I'm sure you get plonkers attempting to pull the wool and bare faced lie however this is not the case..
The guy was well know on here for having race/rally prepped perfomance porches, subarus and other cars so had no reason to doubt him, he threw £1000's at his cars and didn't blink twice... Either way they are some good headers if not yours..
Old 31 October 2010, 06:58 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I would like to know from Naughtyhunnybunny where they originated from.

I'm sure bought them on here some 3 years or there abouts ago from a fellow member I have no idea who it was though, too long ago..
I see that after a good night's sleep and an extra hour in bed your memory has improved somewhat.

originally on a Type RA which was currently 370bhp for road use so certainly ported..
Really???????????????????

The guy was well know on here for having race/rally prepped perfomance porches, subarus and other cars so had no reason to doubt him, he threw £1000's at his cars and didn't blink twice... Either way they are some good headers if not yours..

So when you have remembered who this mystery "Porches" and Subaru driver is send me a PM please if you are not prepared to post it on here..
Old 31 October 2010, 07:10 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

I'm spartacus!
Old 31 October 2010, 08:13 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

harvey not really sure why you feel the need to carry on and being quiet rude to the op she has already said fine if there not yours so be it? but i guess its not hard to rip into a lady sat the other end of a lap top stuffing your cake hole? these headers were fitted to my wrc limted ra and made 371hp at surrey rolling road, they were removed due to me going tubular for more power and sold the ported ones, i had no reason to beleive they were not yours and made just as much power/spool up times as yours anyway?As stated they were sold some time ago and the thread would have been long gone by now if you had not got you knickers in such a knot! i'm sure the op can remove the famous "harvey" name from the thread title if you help you sleep at night?
Old 31 October 2010, 08:30 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby0809
harvey not really sure why you feel the need to carry on and being quiet rude to the op she has already said fine if there not yours so be it? but i guess its not hard to rip into a lady sat the other end of a lap top stuffing your cake hole? these headers were fitted to my wrc limted ra and made 371hp at surrey rolling road, they were removed due to me going tubular for more power and sold the ported ones, i had no reason to beleive they were not yours and made just as much power/spool up times as yours anyway?As stated they were sold some time ago and the thread would have been long gone by now if you had not got you knickers in such a knot! i'm sure the op can remove the famous "harvey" name from the thread title if you help you sleep at night?
Fair play to you mate, good to see someone with some ***** stand up for once. I'm sure we would all be pi55ed off if somebody was selling something off our name that wasn't kosha. However, being rude and agressive isn't the answer but this seems to be the only card harvey can play. Too many people on here sit and wait for a 'chum' to post so they can and '+1' and god forbid that they stick their neck on the line.

ps +1
Old 31 October 2010, 08:33 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by benno22
Fair play to you mate, good to see someone with some ***** stand up for once. I'm sure we would all be pi55ed off if somebody was selling something off our name that wasn't kosha. However, being rude and agressive isn't the answer but this seems to be the only card harvey can play. Too many people on here sit and wait for a 'chum' to post so they can and '+1' and god forbid that they stick their neck on the line.

ps +1
Aaah, yes the Benno22 **** tickler. Cheap copies just dont cut the mustard!!
Old 31 October 2010, 08:34 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Aaah, yes the Benno22 **** tickler. Cheap copies just dont cut the mustard!!
probably why you bought 2
Old 31 October 2010, 08:36 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by benno22
probably why you bought 2
I strap them end to end, need to feel my diaphragm being prodded!
Old 31 October 2010, 08:36 PM
benno22
Scooby Regular

+1
Old 31 October 2010, 09:42 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scooby0809

Scooby0809: I get totally pi55ed off when I see people getting ripped off on Scoobynet and it happens all too often. They are not my headers and Naughtyhunnybunny was clearly led to believe they were, presumably by the person who sold them to her. That is who I have my beef with. Did you sell them as my headers to Naughtyhunnybunny?

You don't need ported headers to make 370 bhp or whatever but it does help but I have already come across instances of people being ripped off, supplied OE headers as Harvey Ported headers.
Old 01 November 2010, 02:09 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Julie : It rather looks like you have been taken for a ride, being led to believe the headers you have originated from me.
Normally I sell the headers, ported, dressed with lugs removed and DEI heat wrapped complete with a hand made, slip jointed performance uppipe with five new studs. The heatwrap, properly applied, lasts for years. A complete set is £369 and without the uppipe £230. However, your headers in the photo do not have the lugs removed, are not dressed and the wrap is not DEI, what remains of it and you are asking £150. You were obviously led to believe or concluded there was good value in the headers you are selling but the retail value of porting is £130, a set of secondhand headers is £25 if anyone will buy them and your asking price is £150. In view of what has happened you may be lucky to make a sale.

My beef is not with you, obviously but the person who sold these to you, scooby0809 who is clearly a very cheeky chappie. Post 17 says it all.
So this has a happy ending for you, I am happy to Paypal to you today £150 for these headers if you will send them to me by return. This is a completely genuine offer and the matter can be concluded today. Just e-mail me harveysmith1@btopenworld.com or better still give me a ring. 07860 302020. Harvey.

Just for the wider audience. There are a number of cars on O/E headers producing over 400 bhp. They often have back pressure and EGT issues but it is often an interim measure for someone who has gone from 2 litre O/E to a forged engine or to a 2.5 litre, often during running in and in advance of fitting tubular headers.
The benefit from porting done properly is to achieve faster gas flow, lower spool point, improved response, better flow and either increased boost or the same boost at lower waste gate duty cycles. The point at which tubular headers become worthwhile is finely balanced and depends on the spec of the tubular headers and the engine spec and for that reason I have a number of header and uppipe solutions including tubulr to ensure a range of options and best solutions to individual requirements.
Old 01 November 2010, 06:05 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Hi Harvey
Thank you also for your email earlier today I really appreciate it and also the offer, I have already replied ..
I'll be in touch with you should the need arise....
Thanks again, Julie
Old 01 November 2010, 06:34 PM
P1#1015
Scooby Regular

Well done to Harvey for standing up and being counted, when in all fairness he could have kept quiet as it had nothing to do with him.

Never met, spoken to, or bought anything off any of the 3 parties concerned here, but only one has taken corrective action. The lack of a similar financial offer from the person who miss sold them in the first place is quite apparent, the only thing offered was a lot of arm waving and finger pointing.