Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

GT35 rotated turbo conversion

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2010, 09:08 PM
Rich@Redline
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT35 rotated turbo conversion

Due to a change to a twin-scroll setup next year and either a Borg Warner or 4094, I'm selling my complete turbo setup, which would offer a drop-in solution for those looking for big power with the right supporting upgrades. Fitted to a Classic but would fit other models I'm sure.

It's all low mileage and in very good condition - the car has done minimal miles and had barely any use in the last 2 years. Setup definitely capable of over 600bhp.

The bits:

- HKS GT3540 turbo
Built by Garrett and badged as an HKS, with a 0.82 A/R exhaust housing. No shaft play. It's got a Trust 90deg turbo elbow welded onto the compressor housing which gives a neat install and comes with various braided lines and an HKS heatshield. Regular 4-bolt 3" exhaust housing, 4" inlet. Could be upgraded to billet-35 status if desired.

- HKS tubular exhaust manifold, wrapped in DEI titanium exhaust wrap. Great condition.

- Zero/Sports up-pipe, also bound in DEI titanium wrap.

- HKS 44mm external wastegate and vent-to-atmo screamer pipe

- Manifold/turbo bracket to brace the turbo.

- Custom stainless 3.5" downpipe - I made this myself using a stainless flange which steps to 3.5" straight after the turbo. Wrapped in DEI titanium wrap.

- HKS 3.5" titanium exhaust. Stupidly light and expensive. Few battle scars and a few repairs due to damage getting the car on the lorry when it was imported. Regular titanium coloured tip. Cost a silly amount new. Includes a bung as it's far from quiet.

- Custom 76mm/3" alloy boost pipes to suit this turbo install, including red Samco joiners and either Murray or Mikalor clamps. Complete turbo-intercooler and intercooler-inlet pipework, mocked up by me and welded by Forge Motorsport.

- Front mount intercooler, 600x300x100mm core, with 90deg Samco joiners to meet boost pipes. Comes with custom brackets. Will require holes cut under the headlights, which is a fairly straightforward job. Core is in very good condition.

A good chance to buy some quality bits. Came off a 10sec Classic and capable of serious figures.

Not looking to split in the first instance. Pics to follow.

Offers around £2500.