Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

APS FMICs + Cold Air Kits

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2002, 07:42 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Brand new. Still in packing cases. Available now.
Complete with fittings + all pipework + all instruction diagrams.
1xM/Y 97-00 £1200
1xM/Y 01 £1275 No offers. Please no more time wasters.
Old 20 May 2002, 08:22 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it me or is there a huge re-occuring echo?

Old 20 May 2002, 08:50 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Wink

Its a re-occuring echo echo ehc eh e

Old 20 May 2002, 10:33 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Isn't about time he got an advert out and help subsidise the BBS he keeps trying to abuse?!
Old 20 May 2002, 10:43 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Pimp, pimp, pimpety-pimp.......
Old 21 May 2002, 08:34 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hang on just a minute,

Am I being thick here or something?

Why is one chap, who is not a company, and is not selling these things commercially being hassled by people to get a banner for selling 2 items when other people (myself included) regularly sell stuff on here without probs?

What's going on?

And why give the guy ****? What's he ever done to you lot?

Wonder if you'd be so hard if he was standing 5 feet away.

Or is there something I've missed?

Cheers
Rich
Old 21 May 2002, 08:53 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Angry

Rich,

Look here for the previous attempts:-

First Attempt
Second Attempt
Third Attempt

The likes of Scoobymania, Performance Exhausts, Scoobysport, BRD, PE, etc... all pay for advertisement space, and help in some way towards keeping this board running, my argument is, if Harvey is selling these products as a commercial venture, rather than a "Group Buy" then surely he should follow the aforementioned companies and pay for the advertisement space?

Wonder if you'd be so hard if he was standing 5 feet away.
The answer is yes I would! To me, if you read some of the comments Harvey makes, (accusing people of being a *** without knowing them) then surely this comment should be turned back around to Harvey, as he's the person throwing the abuse/names.
Old 21 May 2002, 08:58 AM
Homer Simpson
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=96749

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=96149

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=95268

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=93953

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=91957

All this in less than 2 weeks.

I don't think Shaun would have locked the threads otherwise!
Old 21 May 2002, 10:09 AM
Fireman Sam
Scooby Regular

Looks like he won't be able to sell the kits then!!

Seriously though, I've just read the other threads Homer put up and regards warranty that someone asked about, anyone buying secondhand goods from individuals on this bulletin board should be aware of "caveat emptor" unless there is written confirmation of warranty from the seller.

If the buyer is local to the seller and the seler bought them new from the company, then the seller could claim warranty for the defective part on behalf of the buyer. Not exactly playing ball, but has been done in the past.

Having said that, I pity anyone else trying to sell a 2ndhand APS kit on this board,cause it will be assumed Harvey's went under a different name!!

FS
Old 21 May 2002, 10:34 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I wasn't giving him sh*t, i was referring to the same post appearing day after day, I did wonder why they kept appearing as a new post rather than the normal 'top' on an old message but homer has answered that question for me.

[Edited by ptholt - 5/21/2002 10:35:40 AM]
Old 21 May 2002, 11:05 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Wink

So to answer you question then Rich, Erm.....yes, I think that you have missed a bit of the run up to this

And there is no point in spraying testosterone around, as I am pretty well bigger, uglier and balder than the lot of you!

Cheers,

Nick
Old 21 May 2002, 11:48 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Red face

P.S. Mr. Footlong, you may be big but I'll challenge you to an ugliness and baldness competition any day!

Rich
Old 21 May 2002, 12:07 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Cool

Look this is getting out of hand.
Ther are clearly a number of people out there who feel the need to delve into other peoples business even though they they have no serious intention to purchase or even have any right to do so.
When the thread originally atracted unhelpful comment I explained why I ended up with 2no. FMICs + Cold Air Kits for sale.
Refer back if you can take the trouble and you will see why.
This is not a commercial enterprise. I am in the position of selling these because of the misfortune of others.
It was necessary to re-post on several occassions because of people jumping on the thread, ignorant of the facts.
Shaun our moderator is fully aware of the back ground.
To those of you who have read the thread carefully and supported me thankyou. Some of you owe me an apology and I think you should get a life.
These items are for sale. No time wasters please. Anybody witha problem can contact me from my profile rather than spout off in ignorance on a public board.
Regards,
Harvey.
Old 21 May 2002, 12:46 PM
Fireman Sam
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

So, you are selling a kit on behalf of a friend who has had some mis-fortune. (MY 99/00)
What's the story behind the 01 kit then?

P.S. Hope you end up getting them sold, but may be best if you wait a while 'til all this nonsense blows over.

[Edited by Fireman Sam - 5/21/2002 12:47:56 PM]
Old 21 May 2002, 12:53 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

in what way bigger mr footlong?
Old 21 May 2002, 12:58 PM
Blitz
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

I am sure that Harvey has a valid enough reason to sell these items.

Maybe he ordered them and sold his cars? Crashed them? Ordered one for his and one for someone else?

I know him, he doesnt need to sell them as a business. He is also a great resource of Scoob related info, and is more than happy to help anyone out.

If you want them, give him a shout, if not let him get on with selling the items.

Old 21 May 2002, 01:22 PM
Fireman Sam
Scooby Regular

Blitz, maybe i've mis-understood your reply, i'm not having a pop at Harvey at all.

I agree he should be able to sell his goods without grievances, but the advice I gave suggested he should wait a while because there is a lot of heat in these threads just now.

FS
Old 21 May 2002, 01:33 PM
Blitz
Scooby Newbie

I didn't think you were having a pop, it's some other people.

Old 21 May 2002, 01:47 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Question

quote by harvey: Some of you owe me an apology and I think you should get a life.
These items are for sale. No time wasters please. Anybody with a problem can contact me from my profile rather than spout off in ignorance on a public board.

harvey... if the above is so then please explain..

I asked a relevant question... you then turned around and called me a **** when you don't even know me... (spouting off or what???) I then apologise for any confusion or mis-interpretation and you say nothing??

Your posts have been a disaster as I am sure you have seen.... and for what?? for doing what you have said to others not to do in the above quote... spouting off

I think I am owed an apology, as do most people who have read these (that have spoken to me), but you didn't seem big enough to do so.

I do hope you sell these Kits as they are UNDOUBTABLY GOOD PRODUCTS, but think you should make peace with the world and come to terms with the fact people that are interested (as I was) will want answers to questions, and the price issue will come up.

perhaps a you should give your posts a politcal 'going over' before submitting.

Blitz - I am sure he is but not portraying it very well.

All the best.
Old 21 May 2002, 05:48 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Harvey, I think that your earlier posts might have a bit vague on exactly what you were selling. You didn't state that you had one of each on most of the first posts that I saw you write and if a moderator glanced over them you could see that they could possibly be construed as commercial. I haven't read every reply/post of your's, as they seemed a little on the arsy/rude/out of order side in a few cases. At least you are now stating that you only have 1 of each unit for sale, so that doesn't seem 'commercial' at this point.

Rich: Balness, maybe, but you are an exception in the Ugliness stakes, so I concede that one!

Pete: Your are probably as big as me, merely compacted!

Cheers,

Nick
Old 21 May 2002, 06:55 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Somthing I have learnt on here if you have something for sale at the right price then you may get just the one;-) drop that fmic price around the 600-700 mark then it would sell without the hassle. Some folk have to hear/read a lot to get their money at the end of the day.

Instead of posting up new topics every other day, wait a few weeks and sell under a diff user name....I bet you thought about that one also;-)

M
Old 21 May 2002, 10:17 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Harvey,

Please take this as a public apology for my comments earlier in the thread. If you had taken the time as I explained in my response to your email, then all of this "is he trying to sell these as a commercial venture?" type of questions will have not arisen.

I therefore apologise for mis-interpreting your reasons as to why you wish to sell these products, and hope that you can offload them as soon as possible.

However, just as a thought - are you going to offer apologies to those people in the previous threads where you starting getting rude/ar5ey with them for asking questions re:- warranty, etc... and in Planties case calling him a *** when you don't even know him?

[Edited by Scott W - 5/22/2002 8:37:59 AM]
Old 22 May 2002, 11:38 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Cool

Thankyou Scott. I also have your e-mail direct and will respond to that separately later in the week.
Lord Lucan. Thankyou. Handshake accepted. OK.
Top Cat. I see what you are saying. If these thigs cost me £800 I would happily offer for sale around that figure. Using another name is quite possible but not my style.
Now you can learn a lot on this board about Subarus but it is very interesting because there is just as much to learn about human nature.
I would like to clear up a few matters.
Plantie: I wrote to you(nearly 3no pages) on Friday 17th May so why make your post of 21-05-02 13:47. Are you being mischievous or is there some other explanation? You can copy all or part of that letter on here if you wish.
I did make reference to your offer to have a pint. Fine by me and I did think the matter would have been rounded off and put to bed.
At no time did I call you a ***. Go back to your original post. I found it most unhelpful. On the Monday morning I was contacted by someone wanting advice on fitment of a FMIC etc They are paying more for their kit than I am asking for mine and there is a delay in delivery. Lots of advice was given, photos taken and sent via Consignia etc. They raised your post saying you were a ***. They seemed to know all about you. Later that same morning while progressing an outstanding order the supplier without any prompting from me used exactly the same word referring to you.
In my answer back to you I did not say you were a ***(afterall I have never met you)but I did say 2no people I had spoken to said that. With hindsight I should have kept quiet but I did not need your unnecessary unhelpful advice spoiling my thread as has happened subsequently when I tried to re-post hence the need for several new posts in the hope I would be left alone.
I do regret repeating the word which is not normally in my vocabulary.
Warranty: I am a private individual hoping to sell 2no FMICs + Cold Air Kits. Do private individuals give warranties? Not that I am aware of and I assume we are dealing with a mature audience versed in buying and selling in this way. As I have had to explain on several occassions the kits are new and still in their packing cases. Any risks or potential defects are down to a purchaser to asess but on my bown kit I would not hold my breath waiting for assistance from Australia. That said I do not think much can go wrong and they are well made.
Please look back at the thread. I said nothing about warranty. I think from memory that was Blitz so I hope I am not accused of some misdemeanor for his stating what I thought was the obvious.

There you have it Neil. Like I said in my letter to you giving chapter and verse, Pint no problem it is up to you.

While we are at it for the wider audience, I have no problem accounting to a moderator but I am not answerable to self appointed pundits. Those who know me respect my honesty and integrity and clearly I resent any stranger questioning my fidelity.
The 01 FMIC was for sale on arrival 29April. My friend had been shunted up the back since we decided to order. Not his fault, he was stationary breathalised all the same and now in major difficulty.
The 00M/Y was for a friend who posts on here regularly. He phoned me 07 May when fitment was arranged for 09 May. He had some misfortune which he did not want publicising and did not want the FMIC. That went on the For Sale sometime after his call 07
May.
Our Moderator, Lord Lucan and Plantie know who it is.

Now when the heat dies down and I re-post please leave it alone.

Cheers.
Harvey
P.S.
If anybody wants to know I am wearing red underpants and if its alright with everybodyelse I want to get on with something constructive.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:10 PM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Harvey, if you sent me a mail then I have not recieved it... Would you please re-send to plantie@btinternet.com

I will in turn reply.
Old 22 May 2002, 12:59 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Harvey,

I'm glad we got that all sorted then!

Don't worry about the email, as you can see by the time I posted, it was a little bit later!

Scott
Old 23 May 2002, 02:53 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Neil:Sent Consignia to Church Square, RG21 7QW. Either give me an address for Consignia or a fax number.