Just got my first scoob :) some q's

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2014, 10:43 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my first scoob :) some q's

Hi all, just got
My first impreza after having many bmw e36/e46 6cylinders, a focus 2.5st and various other cars including a manta gte exclusive

Always loved these so went and got one;

1999 2000 turbo uk model
90k miles
In good condition just a couple of arch bubbles to sort
Needs cambelt kit doing. Are the w/pumps cambelt driven on these?

Just a couple of questions im sure some of you will be able to help me with i have had a bit of a google search for some answers with no luck;

The sigma standard alarm/immob system ...
When i open the car i have 20secs to start the engine as im sure is standard.
If i pull up at a fuel station or stall the car can i simply restart it or do i have to lock and unlock the car to disarm the immob again?

Its the dark blue.... Any idea what the paint code is so i can order a touch up?

what make/type gear ***** have you guys found suits the classic scoob best as a replacement for the leather monstrosity currently fitted?
Old 12 July 2014, 10:56 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

- Yeah, the water pump IS driven by the cambelt. The impeller is joined to/turned by a cylindrical roller, which in turn is driven by the belt. You can get OEM ones from Import Car Parts; prob around £70(?) Also, GGR do remanufactured ones for around £40 - I had one fitted to my old WRX with no issues...

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/impreza-...22-64466-p.asp

As well as the roller, you can see the area to the left of it where the thermostat sits. Then the therm. elbow housing bolts over the top of it using the two diagonal bolt holes. You can see the therm. housing on the engine: it's at the extreme front-bottom on the passenger side, where the bottom rad. hose joins onto it.

- Someone will tell you about the alarm in a bit.

- The dark blue on the UK cars is called Mica Blue IIRC(?) The 3-digit paint code is embossed in the VIN plate, riveted to the passenger side front turret...

https://www.scoobynet.com/showthread...626&styleid=26

- ***** are a subjective, personal thing
My STi 5 has an OEM short shift and the **** is a lightbulb-shaped white nylon affair - like in a touring or rally car. Fits nicely in the palm.
The great thing about a nylon, plastic, etc. **** is, that due to them being bad heat conductors, they don't get really hot or really cold through the seasons, when left parked up.

Last edited by joz8968; 13 July 2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12 July 2014, 11:14 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, if you search the keywords 'mica blue code' and select 'search thread titles' and 'show threads only', then a load of helpful threads show up.

Same goes for any other subject; just use obvious keywords...

Last edited by joz8968; 13 July 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 13 July 2014, 03:05 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Also have a look inside the boot at the arches as they rust from the inside out. Can be quite extensive hopefully you're lucky
Old 13 July 2014, 09:51 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the info

Could somebody explain what the v1 v4 v6 etc is all about when im trying to find the right cambelt kit?! I need the waterpump and all tensioners/idlers
Also ej codes.... Anybody explain breifly what code mine would be? 1999 turbo 2000 v reg
Old 13 July 2014, 10:10 PM
Yardz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skypeller
Thanks for the info

Could somebody explain what the v1 v4 v6 etc is all about when im trying to find the right cambelt kit?! I need the waterpump and all tensioners/idlers
Also ej codes.... Anybody explain breifly what code mine would be? 1999 turbo 2000 v reg
Ej20 for yours it's the engine code but relates to the bottom end. As inlets, ancilleries etc vary from model to model.1999 will be v6 last of the classic shape. Can take a while to digest all the models and variations subaru made. Google import car parts and give them a bell they'll supply everything you'll need for the kit.
Old 13 July 2014, 10:44 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

Top reply thanks
Old 14 July 2014, 01:27 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skypeller
Hi all, just got
My first impreza after having many bmw e36/e46 6cylinders, a focus 2.5st and various other cars including a manta gte exclusive

Always loved these so went and got one;

1999 2000 turbo uk model
90k miles
In good condition just a couple of arch bubbles to sort
Needs cambelt kit doing. Are the w/pumps cambelt driven on these?

Just a couple of questions im sure some of you will be able to help me with i have had a bit of a google search for some answers with no luck;

The sigma standard alarm/immob system ...
When i open the car i have 20secs to start the engine as im sure is standard.
If i pull up at a fuel station or stall the car can i simply restart it or do i have to lock and unlock the car to disarm the immob again?

Its the dark blue.... Any idea what the paint code is so i can order a touch up?

what make/type gear ***** have you guys found suits the classic scoob best as a replacement for the leather monstrosity currently fitted?
If your remote central locking button is intetgrated into the key,then then its probably the same as mine. How it works is say you get out the car and don't lock it,when you get back in,switch the ignition on,press the button on keys once then start car because the immobiliser would've kicked in but not the alarm. If you stall it then it will start straight away. Not that I've ever stalled

Last edited by scoobyJim2; 14 July 2014 at 01:29 AM.