ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why sell your car ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2014, 05:36 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why sell your car ?

All i read is people selling up because of another child on the way. Am i the only one with a wife that says a subaru impreza is big enough. I have owned one with a newborn before and now going to again. I guess am just a lucky guy with a like minded partner who loves these cars like i do.
Old 08 September 2014, 05:41 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

The misses no doubt

Plus fuel costs etc, if I think about it I pay about £150 a month just to drive mine once or twice a month, stays in the garage the rest of the time

I can imagine the average house hold needs that extra 150 - 200 a month these days
Old 08 September 2014, 05:46 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

A few people change cars only to drive up monthy payments anyway so to me it's pointless.
Old 08 September 2014, 05:56 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Subaru Impreza has always been great when you have kids, 4 doors(better access to child seats) big enough boot for pushchairs etc, and enough power to keep the parents happy when they want to play when there by themselves

Plus when you have kids, you can always park in the parent & child parking spaces at the front of the supermarket and you dont get car park dents, so it does have its advantages having kids!!!
Old 08 September 2014, 06:11 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My missus hates my spec c with a passion, always moaning and complaining!
She realised yesterday that it doesn't have a visor let alone a mirror
I have two kids, I wouldn't say it's a perfect family but a good one!
My TDV8 RRS is the perfect family car

Last edited by BBB3; 08 September 2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08 September 2014, 07:38 PM
MrQaud
Scooby Regular

Had my scooby a month... Wife utterly, utterly detests it, refuses to go in it. Says it's too loud (I can see her point in this but I'm trying to source a quieter exhaust that won't rob it of power) and that I look like a chav in it... (not too sure on this, what's wrong with looking like a chav.
Seriously though, it's taken the shine off things a bit for me...
Old 08 September 2014, 07:53 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrQaud
Had my scooby a month... Wife utterly, utterly detests it, refuses to go in it. Says it's too loud (I can see her point in this but I'm trying to source a quieter exhaust that won't rob it of power) and that I look like a chav in it... (not too sure on this, what's wrong with looking like a chav.
+1 So much so I'm considering getting the back arches done then selling after my holiday
Old 08 September 2014, 07:59 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Get rid.... nothing is worth breaking up a true loving relationship for and in ten years time you'll look back and laugh.

Or get rid of the Scoob, it's up to you!
Old 08 September 2014, 08:04 PM
JusNoGood
Scooby Regular

I bought my original Scoob brand new (Bug) in 2001 as a compromise family car (had an Alfa GTV before that and her forehead was touching the windscreen when we had the baby seat in the back lol). The Mrs loved driving the scoob and we frequently got into arguments about who was going to drive it lol.

6 years after selling the first I've just bought another. She wanted me to buy a non-turbo, No chance of that lol.

I've had it since April, she's been in it twice and refuses to drive....I'm quite pleased with that tbh

Everyone else who's been in it loves it....especially when the turbo kicks in and the roller coaster ride begins
Old 08 September 2014, 08:17 PM
Not a Diesel!!!
Scooby Regular

Wife's cars from when my daughter was born to now 4.5 years:

Clio Trophy (clearly impractical....)
Clio 197 Cup
Clio 200
BMW Z3M Coupe (great boot for the pushchair)
BMW 130i
2005 STI Widetrack (at last a sensible family car)

If you are changing because of costs fair enough otherwise life is to short.
Old 08 September 2014, 09:11 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

You could be correct but i'am more inclined to think wifes nagg.
And scoobys get sold because of the whole noisey exhaust etc. when they have a kid on the way. Just like i have but my partner wants the scooby but with a quieter one until the baby is older. So a win win for me i think
Old 08 September 2014, 09:56 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm still running mine and I have a 3 month old, missus likes the car and has never mentioned me getting rid of it I have thought about it but can still afford to run it so it's staying
Old 08 September 2014, 10:10 PM
decepticon
Scooby Regular

2007 hawkeye sti in my drive used at weekends and holidays, had 2 children from babies to 5yrs old who sit happily in the back, big boot for holiday outings/weekends perfect family car in my opinion. also serves me perfectly for few trackdays every year
wifey doesn't love it but knows i do
cant imagine selling at the moment but like everything it will have to go one day
Old 08 September 2014, 10:30 PM
wilko_150
Scooby Regular

I actually did the opposite and bought mine when baby arrived. Just told the wife i was changing the civic type r for something more practical.
Old 09 September 2014, 08:49 AM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have managed just fine with mine and I got twin girls their 5 now, I bought my scooby when they were 5 months old, and they love it, it’s now referred to as daddy's noisy car 

In my opinion it a good family car for room, although I only use mine on the occasional weekend. As decepticon above, my Mrs don’t like it but she knows I love it..
Old 09 September 2014, 10:48 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a standard classic turbo 2000 and my girlfriend does not like it. The main reason is that she thinks the interior looks like an old mans car and doesn't understand why I refuse to change the original cassette player . She does like driving it though when I let her .
Old 09 September 2014, 11:02 AM
PlayFair
Scooby Regular

i have just bought a scooby as i have a baby due in 2 months!
Old 09 September 2014, 11:15 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to take my son out in my Type r when he was a baby to get him to go to sleep when he was crying and wouldn't stop, I think the sound of the exhaust used to break his concentration on crying and he'd drop off after 10 mins.

WRX wagon is a perfect family car, reasonably comfy, plenty of room, not too loud and I get about 28mpg as an average when i'm just pootling about town, then when I fancy a bit of fun I can go for a bit of a blast to free up the cobwebs, just got in with the local sprint club and did my first sprint a week or so ago and i'll be doing another in about a month, doubt I'll win anything but it's all good fun and at 30 quid a pop cheap as chips.
Old 09 September 2014, 11:18 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Both the Mrs and I have Classic saloons. Wasn't too bad with our first child - the pram took up most of the boot and it was a little difficult lifting in into the boot as the shape is reduced around the rear lights so you have to lift over them and then come in at an angle. Fine for me not so good for the Mrs.

4 Door is really easy with a clip in baby carrier / seat and fixed base. 4 door is terrible when it is pissing down with rain and your child is slightly older and in a forward facing seat. You have to fiddle around with the 3 point harness and adjust it to be tight - all the time your back is getting soaked. I have a 3 door Astra SXi as a run-around and that is so much better in this situation as you slide the passenger seat forward and can get into the car to do up the straps, keeping nice and dry.

Just had our second (she is 6 weeks old today) and the Mrs' Classic is going.
No room in the boot to put stuff when the pram is in there and now have lost the use of the rear seat for dumping things like shopping on.

We are looking at Audi A4 Estates at the moment. We have booked a Sun holiday for mid October and there is not a hope in hell we could get a pram / travel cot / clothing for 2 adults and 2 children / nappies / sterilising stuff etc in the boot of a Impreza.

I'll be keeping my RA.
Old 09 September 2014, 04:25 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

A Subaru is a good family car .
I have two kids / 16,&11. The wife is not into cars but she like the Subaru as it has a big boot lots of leg room . You can or in my case could fit a baby set no problem .
A man needs his toys lol. & we most of us had to wait till your in your 30s to get one . Insurance is to high . For most .
They make a grate family car and u can go out & take it on a track .
I had a r32 before by Subaru & the Subaru is better.
You don't need to go loud pipe that at 90 mph u cannot talk to your wife , for get talking to the kids in the back . But then that can be a good thing . We all have had ARE WE THERE YET) lol. Grate car would never go back .
Anyway it your car the wife just needs to see the good side to it . They just see its a Subaru fast car ( your going to alway put the turbo in ) oops sorry was quoting what my wife said when I was going to get one lol. Anyway just keep it looking nice . No stickers & so on she will love it in the end .
Old 03 October 2014, 02:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 258 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have a classic i might have the exhaust for you, not long bought it but thinking of just sticking with my powerflow instead