ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Question for a Swede!

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2001, 01:05 PM
SSE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

SecretAgentMan (or any other Söta Bror!) are you there?

Last Friday I browsed through the Swedish car magazine 'Bilsport' at a Petrol Station,
but I didn't buy the mag. (Don't ask me why.)Yesterday I went out to get it, but to my disappointment, there was a new issue (10) on sale, and they couldn't get me the old one...%¤#".

Now, to the point: The previous issue mentioned something about a Stockholm based company who offered an Impreza cold air induction kit (ducting - no filter) for connection to the standard airbox, bypassing the resonator etc, but I cannot remember the name of neither the kit nor the company in question.

Bet you have the issue lying around somewhere?!?

Regards,
Simen.
Old 08 May 2001, 01:16 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hiya mate!

I think you're reffering to the styling special issue of Bilsport.

And the company you're searching for is Turbocenter.

It's all a wee bit pants since all they do is remove the intake resonator (20 min fiddly-ish DIY kinda job), and add one of those cone things usually found on vented subboixes to the intake (on the filter side of the lid).

I'd recommend you to remove the intake resonator, get a decent non-MAF-killing *lol* panelfilter, and smile.

/J
Old 08 May 2001, 02:44 PM
SSE
Scooby Regular

Smile

Howdy!
That was quick. Thanks m8.
-quote-
...all they do is remove the intake resonator (20 min fiddly-ish DIY kinda job), and add one of those cone things usually found on vented subboixes to the intake (on the filter side of the lid)
-unquote-
Not quite with you on that one...
'cone things'? Do you mean a cone plastic/alu pipe from the box sucking air from inside the wing then, or just a regular cone filter, or?? (I.e. what kind of bits do CC actually supply?)

Already have a K&N panel filter, so curently considering whether to switch to a cone
or keep the panel filter and improve airflow into the box somehow by making/buying a cold air induction thingy. Guess keeping stdr box will keep the music (NOISE in girlfriend's ears) at least a little bit down.

Another question: Do you think there is any danger of the engine running too lean if the airflow (hence probably also power) is upped, without remapping the fuelling?
BTW my ECU already remapped (replacement chip made by Simco in Norway - will ask for their opinion too) to a claimed 267HP - not measured my car on r/road yet.

Simen.