Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fake Blox Wheel Nut, Skunk 2, Benen, OMP, Forge Ebay seller - Kylin_performanceUK

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2014, 08:48 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Fake Blox Wheel Nut, Skunk 2, Benen, OMP, Forge Ebay seller - Kylin_performanceUK

Just a heads up..

Most on here aren't stupid (although I do wonder about certain individuals ) but there is a seller on eBay trading quite openly in counterfeit goods.

This isn't unusual with eBay, but this 'seller' has a 'retail' outlet in Staffordshire where is quite openly selling the fakes, which makes him more of a risk.

The story I've just been told - My brothers friends parents bought a set of wheel nuts from him for said friends birthday present and he ended up losing a wheel on his Civic on his way home from work one night..the nuts literally sheered apart apparently. It wasn't pretty, he is ok, but the car wasn't quite as lucky and he had a bit of a fright to say the least. He reported it to plod and trading standards, so hopefully they will take action. They had the remaining nuts sent to BLOX in the US, and it was confirmed they where fake.

Looking into this guy his listings are very poor quality, but he has got lots of feedback, and the majority of what he is selling are counterfeit goods, Skunk2 , OMP, Momo, Aerocatches etc

So watch out for him

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?ite...rmanceuk&rt=nc

Another interesting thing is all the Halfords tools he is selling... I am sure you cant buy Halfords tools from a wholesale outlet, so where do they all come from?

Last edited by Trinity; 12 September 2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11 September 2014, 08:54 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it amazes me when people buy this **** from ebay and then complain its ****

if i offered you anything car related at 30% 50% whatever it is cheaper than anywhere else would you assume its genuine??

seller should be shut down though tbf
Old 11 September 2014, 08:55 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the heads up,some people will sell any old **** for a quick buck.
The Halfords tools must be fake imo ...
Old 11 September 2014, 08:58 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

We have to remember, sometimes its just mums and dads buying parts for presents..or some people just dont know any better, like in this case..they see all the branded boxes, and a 'retail outlet' and think it is fine. Hells Ive been caught out before on Amazon for Aerocatches..speaking of which..

My pal told me Graham at Aerocatches has reported the fakes of those, but the seller seems to be able to keep re-listing them...he has some form of immunity, i guess ebay dont mind when they are selling so much as it keeps them in business.

Id say the Halfords tools are probably stolen to be honest...
Old 12 September 2014, 12:08 AM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

What a the name of the trader, that link just takes me to ebay home page, my Mrs likes buying me what she thinks is a good bargain on little bits for the car,
Old 12 September 2014, 04:57 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

The link works fine on the computer, think its just mobile devices that take you to the homepage wierdly...but heres another one,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blox-Blue-...item3392a57904
Old 12 September 2014, 05:19 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I also see the seller is selling fake Benen tow eyes as well, particularly noticeable because all the fakes feature the 0185 serial number on all fake tow eyes.

There was someone on here (do a search) who was selling fake Blox wheel nuts, Benen Tow Eyes and famously HKS chav cannons, at first he he denied they were copies and was passing them off as genuine, later that was changed to say he was unsure of their authenticity. As he was selling them in quantity he must have been well aware of their origins, there's a Chinese website openly selling all these counterfeit parts openly all over the world plus they offer a discount for bulk purchases as well.

These sellers need to be stopped before someone gets injured or worse, they are parasites preying upon people's desire for a bargain / naivety / gullibility and lack of knowledge, it's also worth nothing that the seller I'm referring to on here has recently resurfaced after disappearing for a while. Personally I think a lifetime ban should have been placed upon him.
Old 12 September 2014, 05:42 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I have to admit, I got caught out on those tow hooks before from an ebay seller *gullible*

You can report the seller on the fake items to ebay by going through the

help-contact ebay-report item function.

I am told that eBay will only 'wake up' when there are enough alerts, so the more varying reports, the more his account is investigated. He has had so many VERO takedowns on the aerocatches, as soon as more reports float in it should stop him.

Wheel nuts are some serious danger issues, how someone can morally sell them in bulk is beyond me. He has his address clear as day on his account and offers a 'retail' location in his eBay shop...Anyone in Stoke On Trent?

I see the fake aerocatches have been taken down now, so at least thats something. He has since opened a 'second' account so watch out for this one too, I magine all the aerocatche items will appear on this account shortly..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tansky_tur...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by Trinity; 12 September 2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12 September 2014, 07:51 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Regarding the Halfords tools.. They don't seem particularly cheap so maybe he's buying them on a trade card and reselling them. You do get a huge discount on the trade card.
Old 12 September 2014, 08:57 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I dunnio, 'Item is brand new but without retail packaging'

meaning he tore the label plastic off the get rid of the security tag? I joke but I am probably right!
Old 12 September 2014, 09:24 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

I bought a set of the evo blox wheel nuts off a seller on here, im not sure of them as each nut weighs nothing and it seems they wont be strong enough to hold a wheel on which is why i havent fitted them. How do i tell if theyre genuine?
Old 12 September 2014, 09:45 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Without opening a can of worms, this thread is dedicated to the eBay seller which is confirmed as selling fakes, some individuals don't know they have bought counterfeits.

You could email BLOX themselves if you have doubt.
Old 12 September 2014, 12:09 PM
scoobyman2012
Scooby Regular

have reported the seller , if every one does this then maybe the will remove listings,
Also even the genuine blox wheel nuts are crap quality as well, wouldn't trust them on my car
Old 12 September 2014, 12:15 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Anyone who buys wheel nuts off a seller on Ebay without any genuine verification they are up to the job deserves to crash to be honest!

I just bought some black wheel bolts for my car. £4 each from the main BBS agent in the UK, £1.50 each on Ebay.... I must be an idiot for paying so much more for them.
Old 12 September 2014, 12:26 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Anyone who buys wheel nuts off a seller on Ebay without any genuine verification they are up to the job deserves to crash to be honest!

I just bought some black wheel bolts for my car. £4 each from the main BBS agent in the UK, £1.50 each on Ebay.... I must be an idiot for paying so much more for them.
Dude, think a little bigger out of your box. The people who I am talking about are elderly, their son wanted BLOX wheel nuts, they type it into google an bought some that came up.

I agree with you completely, but we are car buffs remember
Old 12 September 2014, 12:26 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyman2012
have reported the seller , if every one does this then maybe the will remove listings,
Also even the genuine blox wheel nuts are crap quality as well, wouldn't trust them on my car
I agree, if they continually get reported from different people eBay will eventually put a stop to him.

Last edited by Trinity; 12 September 2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12 September 2014, 02:00 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Well it looks like Kylin Performance is either a member on here, or has a friend on here...suddenly, all his counterfeit items have mysteriously vanished! (user removed not ebay removed)...

it wont be long till we see them appearing on his other account I imagine...but its a good start.
Old 12 September 2014, 03:27 PM
l1verp00l
Scooby Regular

ebay is like buying from a dodgy bloke down the boozer lol
Old 12 September 2014, 07:42 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Wish my mom would by me some car **** , all I get are socks & slippers

Seriously tho, hope he gets shut down fake *** punk!!!!