Rust Repair on Boot lid

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2015, 09:20 AM
bobs_p1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust Repair on Boot lid

Hi All

Got a little bit of rust coming on top of my boot lid just were the spoiler sits

Does anyone know any company's around the Birmingham/Solihull area that do a good job

its a 2003 Wrx Sti type uk in the Blue colour

Cheers people
Old 27 February 2015, 10:00 AM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

alright there mate ,

i dont know about people in your area but im in northants and just had both front quatre panels done and my bootlid around the spoiler area from one side to the other all paint matched for £330

so i shouldnt see you paying anymore than that
Old 27 February 2015, 12:04 PM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

Is that all? I have a little bit of rust starting to show at the rear arch - would like to get it fixed soon.
My car also has the plastic arch protector things so I imagine there's rust hiding underneath them too lol.
Old 27 February 2015, 05:47 PM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

i had visible rust on drivers side you could see the bubbling of the paint upclose and didnt really know about the passengers side but both front arches needed doing so they cut them out and welded in new bits also if the rust hasnt penetrated through your boot lid you should be all good

mine had rust on the spoler from one side to the other not noticable but hadnt gone through inside the boot wich is a life saver or it would of been a new boot lid needed.

but yeah for both front wings and boot all welded filled and sprayed black metal flake again cost 330 and they had the car for 4 days to do it ..

i cant grumble at the work done just didnt clean my car afterwards but for that price and the work done i cant complain.

but i really really would recomend if its there and started fix it now before its too late rust is a virus and it spreads rapidly
Old 27 February 2015, 06:02 PM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

my car is in bits and i been told £300 to £330 to respray the rear bumper ,both side skirts and tailgate..one bloke has a oven he`s £330 the other 2 don,t have ovens .. as like you got rust starting where the spoiler sits ..he will only have the parts so not worried about dust and over spray ...
Old 27 February 2015, 06:53 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.newwavecustomconversions....ating-options/
New OE pre drilled boot lid for £50.
Old 27 February 2015, 07:13 PM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

i would get it done with the guy that has the oven ,i know the others maybe cheaper but i would advise everytime if they are doing a job properly then oven is a must

as for buying new parts the trouble i found is the colour coding people not saying all but some dont have a clue if its one or the other ,

i could get two front wings for 100 but they where meant to be metal flake but wernt luckily i went to view them first or would of been 100 quid down the drain

also buy new then theres the cost of a paint job and it matching all depends on how compitent the sprayer is ..

my last car was a yellow leon cupra r . i got both front wings sprayed and the boot but in the right light you could tell they where a dull colour compared to the original