ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fuel Question

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2016, 01:16 PM
swrx2810
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Question

I have a 2006 Jap import WRX STI so the 2.0 version as apposed to the 2.5. I am starting a new job which involves a round trip of 48 miles, a lot of it is during rush hour so will be traffic driving for half of the trip.

I'm trying to work out which is cheaper, to just drive the Subaru to commute or buy another car like a Prius to commute, but by the time I buy the car (£2000 - £3000), tax it, insure it I don't know if it'll work out any cheaper than just using the Subaru.

My question is does anyone know the real life mpg (driving sensibly) of my scooby? So I can work out what the fuel cost would be on the commute. The subaru will remain insured and taxed even if I got another car anyway.

Thanks
Old 20 August 2016, 02:01 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Has it been mapped for UK fuel....99RON like VPower perhaps?
If not, maybe speak to a reputable mapper to see if they can sort you out with a switchable map - one for economy and one for fun! I would have thought it can be done on twin scroll. Just a best of both worlds idea.

Subaru 4 You in Newbury use Bob Rawle, really nice guy and man can he map a car.
Old 20 August 2016, 07:57 PM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swrx2810
I have a 2006 Jap import WRX STI so the 2.0 version as apposed to the 2.5. I am starting a new job which involves a round trip of 48 miles, a lot of it is during rush hour so will be traffic driving for half of the trip.

I'm trying to work out which is cheaper, to just drive the Subaru to commute or buy another car like a Prius to commute, but by the time I buy the car (£2000 - £3000), tax it, insure it I don't know if it'll work out any cheaper than just using the Subaru.

My question is does anyone know the real life mpg (driving sensibly) of my scooby? So I can work out what the fuel cost would be on the commute. The subaru will remain insured and taxed even if I got another car anyway.

Thanks
25-30 mpg depending on temperature (time of year) how it's driven (constant steady speed or stop start etc) as much as 35mpg on a steady run for a long distance