Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

looking to buy first wrx. daft questions eg. did they come with parking sensors? and

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2016, 01:19 AM
jjams82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to buy first wrx. daft questions eg. did they come with parking sensors? and

Hello... Sorry for the first post asking a bunch of questions, hope you don't mind.

Main one I'm wondering about right now is did some of them come with parking sensors?

I'm looking at wrx wagons, hawkeyes seem to be the main offender in this regard, and some seem to have them, some don't More confusing is some that do have them often seem a little different to others - which makes me wonder if they ever came with them as standard. Doesn't seem to fit with the generally pretty basic spec of the things either.

Stuff like this is an issue as (asside from really liking un-messed-with cars in general (especially electrical mods of unknown quality), my insurance quotes never seem to go well when i tick that 'modified' button. Insurers eh... No NCB doesn't help I guess, but anyways, i'm rambling now.

So - are they an aftermarket thing?

Thanks in advance.

Quite possibly more daft questions to follow...

Last edited by jjams82; 05 December 2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05 December 2016, 04:06 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jjams82
Hello... Sorry for the first post asking a bunch of questions, hope you don't mind.

Main one I'm wondering about right now is did some of them come with parking sensors?

I'm looking at wrx wagons, hawkeyes seem to be the main offender in this regard, and some seem to have them, some don't More confusing is some that do have them often seem a little different to others - which makes me wonder if they ever came with them as standard. Doesn't seem to fit with the generally pretty basic spec of the things either.

Stuff like this is an issue as (asside from really liking un-messed-with cars in general (especially electrical mods of unknown quality), my insurance quotes never seem to go well when i tick that 'modified' button. Insurers eh... No NCB doesn't help I guess, but anyways, i'm rambling now.

So - are they an aftermarket thing?

Thanks in advance.

Quite possibly more daft questions to follow...
Parking sensors were a dealer fit option. They were not standard on any UK WRX Model.
Old 05 December 2016, 07:14 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

hello and welcome....

No NCD??
Old 05 December 2016, 09:43 AM
jjams82
Scooby Newbie

Ah, dealer fit.. That sort of explains it. I'm not a fan of them, they never seem to be on straight or in the same place, or etc etc etc.

No NCD is because i've been reaping the financial benefits of second car "classic" insurance on a series of 80's/90's cheap sports cars of varying quality for the last 7 years while a named driver on the other halfs sensible car. Worked out great for a while... Not so good now she's buggered off with the useful car
Old 05 December 2016, 01:45 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

I've got them on my 2008 Leggy - they are shocking - you can't trust them at all!
Old 05 December 2016, 07:48 PM
jjams82
Scooby Newbie

Funny looking and unreliable... Dam, another thing to add to the list of moon-on-stick requirements for my ideal car.
Old 07 December 2016, 12:52 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2016, 05:13 PM
jjams82
Scooby Newbie

Will do, ta.
Old 07 December 2016, 08:58 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts