no clutch!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2017, 07:02 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Default no clutch!!!!!!!

new ..old member just saying hello!

me and the better half are getting into auto,s got myself a red wrx jdm.
and looking at getting a wagon to replace her 5 speed manual,(which shes had for 13 years),getting lazy in our old age .

got my eye on a low miles one owner 2005 hawk auto,will put pic,s up if i get it, fingers crossed.

its red

its auto

its clean
Old 31 May 2017, 09:32 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 257 Likes on 223 Posts

Looks tidy, never driven an auto Impreza. Not sure I'd get one to be honest. Although I know what you mean. The Subaru's do. have a heavy clutch compared to other cars out there.
Old 01 June 2017, 12:02 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Default lazy box

Surprisingly good to drive, has switchable mode gearbox for power it will hold the gears longer,good for overtaking and of coarse with kick-down it does like a scalded cat.

Hold button is good for winter driving as it locks first gear out so good for pulling away,also locks diff 50/50.

Or you can change manually using gear lever or buttons on steering wheel,so best of both worlds.

Auto,s have usually had a easier life as well as long as its not got a toe bar fitted.

Have read somewhere that the the yanks use the auto box for drag racing so must be good, time will tell.
Old 01 June 2017, 04:02 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Its really nice to drive,very smooth, and quiet !!!! .

You can use gearbox in semi/manual mode or full auto, which you can switch between power which,(holds gears longer giving you better acceleration) or hold which locks diff 50/50 and is not so agresive for winter driving.

With power button in and using kick down it really howls though the gears and i swear its faster than the manual, being jdm wrx its running 265 bhp so its no slug.
Old 01 June 2017, 05:56 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ray54
Its really nice to drive,very smooth, and quiet !!!! .

You can use gearbox in semi/manual mode or full auto, which you can switch between power which,(holds gears longer giving you better acceleration) or hold which locks diff 50/50 and is not so agresive for winter driving.

With power button in and using kick down it really howls though the gears and i swear its faster than the manual, being jdm wrx its running 265 bhp so its no slug.
What rpm does it upshift when driven hard? No point redlining it so bet it keeps it on boost. Looks tidy but ive always been a fan of red blobs.
Old 01 June 2017, 09:39 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

It will rev to 6000 rpm before shifting up and being a 4 speed it does,nt hang around. yeah its really clean i actually polished the rear sub-frame because i could, the bolts looked as if they had just been fitted ,this is on car thats done 60,000 miles amazing.unfortunately its now under sealed.