ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

HV53YCB

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2017, 11:00 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default HV53YCB

Hi just wondering if there are any previous owners of my car on here, HV53YCB.

I purchased it earlier this year and after a couple of initial problems (sorted easy thanks to freindly advice from alyn at AS performance) im very happy with it.

Engine was built by rose race cars in Cheltenham 2014, then i believe first mapped by the late simon of GGM and last by andy forrest from the former keeper, but im unable to find out much about rose race cars, anybody know of them? its certainly taking all the abuse im giving it so far.

Im also looking for advise on getting involved in trackday or any event where i can realy push it a bit, but as track newbie im a bit nervous, and most if my mates still prefer x-box's even in there mid thirtys on. I would probably be happy to just watch and have a chat at one first, iv always been worried about getting in the way of better drivers.
Old 23 October 2017, 03:01 PM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did my first track day a couple of months ago in pretty much the slowest car on track. As long as you'tre not in the way for too long and move over at a sensible time, nobody can really grumble at you. Overtaking procedure should be explained in a breifing before anyone goes on track, but it's generally just a case of indicating and shifting over where sensible (they will tell you which side to pull over to in the breifing) and no overtaking on corners.
Old 23 October 2017, 07:10 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks, that makes sense no overtaking on corners and that its all explained. Where did you do your track day? I want to get a couple of bits refreshed first and a four wheel geometry alignment done though as I think its a bit off as it is.
Old 24 October 2017, 12:21 PM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Croney
Thanks, that makes sense no overtaking on corners and that its all explained. Where did you do your track day? I want to get a couple of bits refreshed first and a four wheel geometry alignment done though as I think its a bit off as it is.
I did Llandow. Decent track but small, so not very high speed. More about cornering and acceleration which is more fun imo anyway. Alignment would be a good idea, I had mine done before the track day. New wheels and tyres, balance and alignment.