ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

CC Stage 2 Clutch and lightweight flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2018, 04:45 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default CC Stage 2 Clutch and lightweight flywheel

Good day all. Had the mentioned fitted 6 days ago. Thought I’d share my initial thoughts on the off chance others are considering one or have any questions regarding them.
The garage and guy who fitted it commented on how nice it was to fit a properly manufactured and designed after market part. They also commented on how smoothly it went in comparison to other clutches they have done.
The clutch is supposed to have a 500 mile bedding in period but already it is performing great after roughly 100 miles. It is very progressive given it is rated to around 600bhp and isn’t like a on/off switch to engage. With it being a light weight fly there is a change in rev pick up and drop off but only a slight alteration in driving style is required (mainly on rev drop off between changes). Heel and toe/rev matching is far easier than before, not that I struggled before but it may be worth mentioning. There is a little juddering on taking off if you don’t increase revs by about 200rpm over standard. Typical take off on even ground is about 1.5k and there will be no issues at all, will try dropping this over the next week or so. In short you don’t need scare/menace other road users at a set of lights or make yourself look like a mad boy racer just to get moving.
Various people have differing opinions on this but I believe acceleration has improved and making progress happens more urgently than before. For the price paid I am more than happy with the purchase and the quality of the fitted item.
If anyone is interested in getting one or has any specific questions then please feel free to fire away. Regards Rory

Old 25 October 2018, 07:13 PM
john_d
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got the exact same on my blob but i pulled the engine and fitted it myself.

how much did the garage charge to fit it?
Old 25 October 2018, 08:17 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi John,

It was £400+ but I had other stuff done at the same time, so couldn’t say for sure how much for just the clutch and fly fitment.